THE MÉTIS: Part 2

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Jack hunched his shoulders into the strong wind that threatened to pull him off his feet. They had only gone five miles or so from the gate, when the skies had suddenly blackened and a deluge of driving rain, fast turning to hail, had hit them.


O'Neill motioned for the rest of the team to take cover under a canopy of trees.

Daniel gave up trying to wipe his glasses and put them in his pocket, squinting shortsightedly over Sam's shoulder at her readout.

"Looks like this weather is coming in real fast, sir, and it appears to be setting in for sometime." Sam said.

Jack nodded absently and brushed the snowflakes from his hair.

'More snow?'

He'd never felt the same about snow since he and Carter had been flung through the second stargate back on Earth -

'Don't go there, Jack'

He noticed Carter shiver a little and slapped her heartily on the back.

"Look on the bright side, Major."

"Bright side, sir" Carter raised an eyebrow at him.

"This time we've got Daniel and Teal'c for company" he grinned.

Daniel hugged his arms about his lean body.

"Hate the snow" he muttered.

"Colonel O'Neill" Teal'c broke in. "I suggest we continue to head toward the village"

"Yeah, you're right" Jack agreed. "We've got survival packs, but I don't relish the idea of camping out in this. Let's see if the nice folks can put us up for the night."


As the others moved off, Daniel hunkered down beside his pack, he knew he'd put extra tissues in there, somewhere.

'Should have thrown in windscreen wipers' he thought.' Ah, there they are, hidden under the candy bars.'

"Daniel, let's go" Jack called.

Daniel motioned an okay with his hand and pulled the Kleenex from his bag. Jack sighed dismissively and jogged to catch up with Sam and Teal'c.

"Fine, Daniel, but don't come running to me if some big, nasty thing with sharp claws and teeth comes after you."


The snow continued to fall, but the harsh wind had abated, leaving an eerie calm pervading. A snap of twig, a murmur of voices. Teal'c froze, a finger to his lips. Jack and Sam nodded and Jack signaled for them to move into the cover of the trees. Jack carefully parted the foliage.

"Shit! Snakeheads! Why did they have to pick this neck of the galaxy for their skiing trip?'

'Oh God, no'

Into the clearing where the serpent guards stood, trotted Daniel, head down, glasses off, still fumbling with his pack.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||