THE MÉTIS: Part 1

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


As the four members of SG-1 stepped out of the Stargate portal on PR3-491, Daniel Jackson continued his diatribe.

"Surely, a computer that can come up with that many numbers for a planet, could be programmed to give it a name instead."

Jack O'Neill shook his head.

'Had Daniel talked all the way through the wormhole?'

He wouldn't be at all surprised.


As the others gathered their gear, he took the opportunity to scout the lay of the land. He liked to do that while they were still close to the DHD. Any nasty surprises and you could be out of there in a flash.

It looked like so many of the other planets they had explored and not unlike their own. The Stargate was situated on the crest of a slope, spread out in front of them were vast forests.

'More damn trees!' O'Neill thought.

Everything was covered in a heavy drift of crisp white snow and the chill wind that gusted across the group now and then, heralded more falls to come. Nestled against smaller hillocks in the distance, Jack could just make out what appeared to be a village.


Daniel pulled his anorak closer around him and wiped a smattering of snow from his glasses. "Hate the cold" he grumbled.

"Come on now, people" Jack called. "The sooner we go and check this place out, the sooner we get to go home."

Daniel was hunched over the DHD, muttering quietly to himself.

"Jack, there's something written here on the base. I recognize the form, but it might take me a little while to figure out what it actually says."

"On the way home, Daniel" Jack answered.

"But, Jack" Daniel interrupted in an exasperated tone "It could be important. I've never seen writing like this before on the DHD. It could have significant archaeological information about this place or about the gate."

"I said, before we gate out, Daniel. You'll get your chance. Let's just wind up this recon, see if we can find some new friends, before this weather gets really bad and turns us all into icicles."

"NOW, DANIEL" Jack cautioned, as he saw the archaeologist's mouth open in a further retort.


They moved out, Jack on point, Carter in the middle with a still complaining Daniel and the dependable Teal'c watching their backs.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||