HAPPENSTANCE

by: Jmas
Feedback to: jmtm1@eastky.net

Author's Notes:  Challenge response (1000 words or less), written in a few short hours on a whim.all goofs are mine.and, yes, I know I overused the word 'happens'. We all know what the title should have been.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Shit happens.it's a well-known fact. Sometimes it's big shit.sometimes small, but the one sure rule in the universe is.it happens.

Which is why I knew this was going to happen. I didn't know how or even who, but I knew it was coming.

Two months of nearly back to back missions, days at a time on worlds as diverse as the Sahara is from the Arctic.reaching a point where sleep is something done on your feet on any occasion they don't happen to be moving..

It was just a matter of time.

I was waiting for something to happen.expected it to be bigger really. To be totally honest, I expected it to be you, Daniel.

No offense there, pal.but it's another one of those universal constants.shit happens, check Daniel.

And here you are.

Damn.

After all this time, you really have gotten it together when it comes to skin preservation.sort of. Off world, I know I can count on you to watch my back.

Have I ever told you that?

Probably not.

I will though.someday.maybe.

But put you in the lab or in front of some puzzle and it's off to the Jackson Zone.full speed ahead, and everybody else better be on the lookout. I kind of like watching you when you're so focused nothing else exists.I can see the wheels turning right there in your eyes. Kind of spooky when you think about it, to have so much going on in your head. Which is why we're here, isn't it?

Teal'c feels like pure shit about this.

Who could know he'd be coming out of the workout room at the same time you were plowing down the hallway with your face in some indecipherable file? Wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't been working out with that Japanese staff thing you let him borrow. Wouldn't have been bad at all if you'd been three inches shorter.

But you did.and you aren't.and here we are.

Again.

Gonna have one hell of a shiner for the next week or so. The good news is we have three days off.Thanks, buddy.Sorry about that, but we really could use the break.

Like I said.shit happens. You know it, I know it..

We'll have to work on Teal'c.

Anyway, when you wake up I'll take you back to my place. Doc says I'll have to wake you up every couple of hours and I know you don't want to stick around here any longer than necessary. We'll stop by the video store.maybe I'll even let you talk me into watching The Mummy again. I know you said the facts are corroded, but I've seen the way your eyes light up when they ride into Hamunap...whatever..

I could watch it again.

If only to watch the light.

Doesn't take much to make you happy, does it?

Guess that's a good thing, hunh?

I don't have a whole lot to offer on the friendship front, but I can promise I'll always be there when shit happens..


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||