THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 9

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 9: Sam

When the Colonel comes back into the kitchen, I can see from his expression and the nearly full plate that he wasn't very successful. He confirms this, saying, " Barely a few bites. Says he can't eat..."

I can see the concern and a touch of fear in the Colonel's eyes. He puts the tray on the counter and sits down with us, his back to the wall giving him a clear view of Daniel.

" What do you think it is, Sir?" I ask quietly.

Shaking his head and running his hands through his silvering hair, he says, "I dunno, Sam. Whatever it is it started when Hathor touched him..."

"Do you think she may still have had a mental connection with him?" Teal'c asks.

The Colonel shakes his head again. "I don't think so, at least it didn't seem like it. For now we just take it nice and easy, if that doesn't work..." he trails off in frustration. It isn't often I see the Colonel at a loss for words...or a plan of action.

"Then we will try something else," Teal'c states assuredly. "We will not fail Daniel Jackson."

And that just about says it all, doesn't it?


Back
Back to Stories Page