THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 7

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 7: Teal'c

I am extremely concerned about Daniel Jackson.

My Tau'ri friends have suffered much in the time that I have known them. Daniel Jackson is no exception, but he has always faced his difficulties with courage and honor at times when even a Jaffa warrior might have cringed. I had never thought to see him do completely distance himself from the support of our adopted 'family'.

It is as if he is engaged in a battle for his very being and I fear that all we can do is wait and be prepared to assist him should he require it.

O'Neill has prepared food and a pot of that 'coffee' the Tau'ri seem unable to function fully without. As Captain Carter readies the table, I notice that Daniel Jacson is watching them both with an extremely...forlorn...look in his eyes.

He reminds me suddenly of my own son, R'yac, when he was very small and received his first serious injury after falling from a tree. R'yac had been extremely affronted by the tree and the force of gravity that had caused him to hit the ground so hard. After I had explained these facts to him, he seemed to feel distrustful of his previously secure world.

Of course, as with all children, it hadn't lasted long....

O'Neill calls out that 'chow' is on, undoubtedly another idiom from his abundant supply. I move to assist Daniel Jackson, but O'Neill shakes his head quickly and I turn away.


Back
Back to Stories Page