THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 4

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 4: General Hammond

After Colonel O'Neill and Doctor Frasier explained the situation, I was only too happy to go along with their plan. Hell, I was going to give them time off anyway...that team's been through the wringer lately and God knows they deserve it. Now after hearing their concerns about Dr. Jackson, I feel compelled to offer my own contribution to their efforts and hand over the keys to my little sanctuary up north, O'Neill takes them with a grateful smile and a look of what might be called shock. I'm not that much of a hard-ass, am I?

Don't answer that, George.

Over the past 2 years, SG-1 has run the gamut as far as duty, stress and emotional upheaval are concerned...Any fool could see that and Mother Hammond didn't raise any fools.

I don't even want to think how close we came to losing SG-1 on this one. For the first time in my very long career, I'm involved in a duty that is more than just duty...it's a commitment. And SG-1 is one of the tightest and most strongly committed teams I have ever served with.

From the first time I met them, long before they ever suspected, I knew there was something special about this particular group of people.

O'Neill; military up one side and down the other, but with an ever-vigilant sense of what is right and an extreme loyalty to his team.

Carter; I've watched her grow from a runny-nosed kid on a military base to a fine officer and a premier scientist in her field.

Teal'c; the stoic, steady presence with carefully hidden passions when it comes to his family, his friends and the freedom of his people.

And, of course, Dr. Jackson; scholar, humanitarian, sometimes like a fish out of water among us military types, but a young man who has earned my respect on more than one occasion with his courage, high ideals and passionate opinions.

No, I don't mind if people think I've gone a little soft where SG-1 is concerned. Besides, by thunder, I'm a Major-General, who's going to say it to my face?


Back
Back to Stories Page