THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 3

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 3: Janet

I knew he'd come as soon as Daniel was asleep and sure enough I hear the mobile I.V. wheels scooting along the linoleum floor long before the knock at my office door. I've had the cleaned-up version, now I want to hear the details behind the story that didn't make it into the official report.

Jack comes in and sits down as nonchalantly as one can in a backless hospital gown. I really shouldn't be letting him out of bed this soon; he's still very dehydrated, not to mention bruised and contused. But, like I said, when it comes to Daniel...Jack will do anything to help.

I used to think it was a guilt thing, but after all this time, seeing how they are with each other; I think their relationship is born of equal parts of friendship, respect and loyalty. Just like a good family should be. And when one of your family is hurting, you don't just sit back and let it fester. Take it from a mother who knows.

Jack starts by telling me all of the events surrounding the Hathor 'reunion' and the look in Daniel's eyes when he saw her again. Nobody could blame Daniel for being afraid of that...witch, but what could have affected him so deeply that he still can't let go of it now that he's safely home and Hathor, as Jack puts it, is safely freeze-dried.

Jack shakes his head, I can see he's really disturbed by this. There's nothing wrong with Jack's Daniel-radar.

We just don't know what is going on inside Daniel's head and won't until he's ready to open up. One thing I do know...when he's ready, it will be his family he tells it to, not some imported shrink.

For all his usual volubility, Daniel is extremely close-mouthed when it comes to discussing all things personal. Without a doubt, Jack O'Neill knows more about Daniel Jackson than anyone...on Earth at any rate.

"Jack," I say, hoping he'll catch on and I won't have to explain."What SG-1 needs is a vacation."

He looks at me in confusion at first. He really is tired! Then a slow smile as understanding dawns.

"Y'know, you may be right."


Back
Back to Stories Page