THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 26

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 26: Jack

God, life can be so good sometimes....

Once again we are gathered on the dock, fishing and enjoying the view. However...it is not quiet and I almost tell Daniel to shut up already, but it's so damn good to have him here...really here, that I just don't have the heart.

As I watch him sitting there, still too pale and too thin, but animatedly describing the Native American peoples who once inhabited this region, I can't help but smile.

It's been a long week filled with nightmares, not all of them Daniel's, and long talks. I can't pretend to know how he feels, but I can be there and I can listen. He's working hard to face up to those memories he almost died to uncover and if I know Daniel, and I do, he's going to be just fine.

If Sam doesn't turn him into a blimp. She can't seem to stop trying to feed him-...must be that maternal thing.

Daniel and I haven't talked much about the suicide attempts. It scared him to think that he was so far gone into Hathor's mind trap that he'd even think about doing something like that , which is enough to tell me that, in his right mind, he wouldn't.

He's thanked all of us in his own awkward way for taking care of him when he couldn't take care of himself.

Helllloo? That's what families do.

And that's what we are really...in our own crazy, only slightly dysfunctional way.

Family.


Back
Back to Stories Page