THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 18

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 18: Teal'c

Daniel Jackson is dreaming. I do not know the substance of these dreams, but I can see they are unpleasant. More than once he has raised his hands in a defensive positon and moved as if under physical attack.

I place my hand on his forehead as I have seen Dr. Frasier do to check for fever. Immersion in cold water in his already debilitated state cannot have been beneficial to his health.

A particularly violent attack seems to grip him and I find I must say something.

"All will be well, Daniel Jackson. We will not leave you."

His tense expression seems to calm somewhat and his hands fall to rest against his chest. As his breathing slows, I return to my chair at his bedside.

I recall our first missions as a team, when Daniel Jackson would suffer disturbances in his sleep. O'Neill had been very apprehensive about these 'nightmares' and had questioned the wisdom of allowing Daniel Jackson to continue with SG-1. Captain Carter and I had both assured him that they would pass in time. I am not certain that they ever completely stopped.

Daniel Jackson is a man who feels things very deeply.


Back
Back to Stories Page