THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 14

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 14: Jack

"Hiya, Danny...grab a pole."

I figure the best way to handle this right now is to just play it cool. Hey, I can do cool...

He really does look a hell of a lot better than he did last night.

He shakes his head at my invitation and sits down carefully on the deck chair next to me. His eyes move across the lake and he sighs deeply as if drawing strength, or comfort, from the mountains all around us.

Carter comes up behind us bearing coffee and a bottled water for Teal'c. We all just sit in a comfortable silence; too preoccupied with the peaceful beauty all around us to ruin it with chatter. A real Kodak moment.

Boy, did we ever need this vacation...

After a long while, I look over to check on Daniel and I'm shocked to see a single tear rolling unnoticed down his cheek and a look of such total desolation that I almost jump up. But then Teal'c gets a bite on his line, Carter starts shouting and Daniel blinks, as if waking up.

I start yelling at Carter for making so much noise she's scaring my fish back across the lake.

When I look back, Daniel seems to be asleep.


Back
Back to Stories Page