DAY AFTER DAY: Part 6

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


The Spanish...Mexican...Blackie shines his flashlight into my eyes, then down at Daniel.

He says something to us...reaching for my gun, and motioning for us to get up.

I try to be careful, but Daniel finally does cry out in pain...no real need to be quiet now...

Daniel leans heavily on me and Blackie motions for us to move out ahead of him.

I wonder where the other guy is? They must've split up to search for us.

Daniel tries to lift some of his weight off of me...and I tense up. What's he got in mind and why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to like it?

We travel a few more minutes and suddenly Daniel stumbles. Blackie curses...I know enough Spanish to know those words...and moves forward like he's trying to help and Daniel raises suddenly, pushing Blackie over and collapsing on top of him...

"Go, Jack..!"

*Dammit..*

I waver for a few seconds, but I know this may be our only chance...so does Daniel.

I take off into the trees, cursing the stupid, courageous move my friend just made. I've got to get some help up here...

I'm so close to the cars, I make that my first priority.


I finally come into sight of the cars as the first grey light of dawn begins to break. I don't see anything at first, then I spot a movement in the brush just in front of Daniel's car...I guess this is where Red disappeared to.

I move as carefully as I can to come out behind his position.

I can see him there crouching in the bushes, eyes trained on the vehicles. I've got to take him down...

I reach down and pick up a stone off the ground, throwing it in the direction of the cars. Just like in the movies, the guy spins around thinking something's over there. I creep up slowly and club him across the back of the neck with locked hands and hear a satisfying thud just before he drops to the ground.

I take off my belt and tie his hands quickly. Daniel's keys are still in his car so I use them to lock the unconscious tough guy in the trunk.

One down, one to go...

I use Daniel's car phone to call Hammond, filling him in quickly...That done and knowing help's on the way, I take possession of Red's assault rifle and head back up the mountain...


It's easy enough to track them....

Daniel's leaving a blood trail...jumping Blackie must've broken everything loose.

I spot a couple of places where the ground is disturbed and there's a lot more blood...

Daniel's not going to make it much further...

I pick up the pace.

*This is getting to be a bad habit....*


Back
Back to Stories Page