P Is For... Vader?
by Claire


Notes: Here's the next ABC fic! And thanks to some rather less than legal dealings I saw TPM tonight. *g* That caress at the end between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan almost had me in tears - it was so sweet. Damn, I feel a fic coming on. *g*


Luke strolled around the market place looking at the stalls. Merchants from all over the system were selling various wares. Numerous stalls had caught his eye so far, but none of the items on them had been what he was looking for. Once more glancing around the market, Luke spotted some stalls he hadn’t yet looked at. Placing his hands in his pockets, Luke headed over. Quickly looking over what the merchants were selling, the young man walked to the furthest stall. Reaching the table, Luke looked at the display. Scanning the items there, Luke's eyes were drawn to a small opened box. Tucked into the black velvet was exactly what he was looking for. "Uh, how much are these?" he asked the man behind the stall.

"Vecht chut," came the reply.

"What?!" Luke exclaimed, his face falling when he realised he didn’t have enough.

"Xin recht dint tayla."

"You’ve got a deal," grinned Luke, fishing the money out of his pocket and placing it on the table.

"Zin brecht," nodded the merchant, picking up and closing the small box before handing it to Luke.

A smile crossed Luke's face as he pocketed the box and started to walk back through the market.


"Bought out the market?" grinned Han, as Luke got closer.

Chewbacca whuffled with amusement as a blush spread across Luke's cheeks.

"Damn, Kid, but you’re adorable when you’re embarrassed," smirked Han.

Each of Luke's nerves tingled with Han's husky voice. Finally finding his own voice, Luke met Han's eyes. "Got everything we need?"

Han nodded. "I’ve got it all being loaded on to the Falcon as we speak. Just about should be done so we may as well head back."

Keeping his hand closed around the box in his pocket, Luke nodded and started to follow Han back to the ship.


Back to SWA-L Archive