A Perfect Fit
by Angela Jade


Archive: WAAS, SithChicks and SWAL. Anywhere else, please ask.
Archive Date: March 03, 2002
Author's Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/angelajade/index.html - mostly het (so far...)
Disclaimer: it all belongs to Lucas. I am not making any money from this.
Feedback: constructive criticism and happy thoughts greatly appreciated. Flames laughed at.
Notes: Mega thanks to Glim and 'The Girls' for beta-ing & support.
Pairing: Wes/Wedge
Rating: R


It's because Wedge is smaller than me. That's why he fits so neatly, snuggled into my chest, my arm around him as he sleeps. I love watching him sleep - dark hair drifting across his forehead, darker lashes relaxed against his cheek, all the tiny stress lines that normally settle around his eyes and mouth temporarily gone.

Who'd have thought it. Big, bad Wes Janson, instigator of terror in new recruits and nightmares in Imp pilots, likes to wake up early and watch his lover sleep. Better keep that one a secret. I do have a reputation to uphold.

My hand drifts across his back, over the mole that no one else gets to touch, across a few of the faint scars that still show. His skin is soft and warm under my fingers - I wonder what it was like when he was younger. Fewer scars, a little firmer, maybe. Wish I'd known him then. Wish I'd known him all my life.

Not that we're old. Definitely not. Oh, I know some of the younger pilots reckon we're feeble dotards that shouldn't be allowed within ten meters of an X-wing. Hah! Wedge and I can still kick their asses into the next galaxy without breaking a sweat. Don't know what I'll do when I lose that edge. Retire somewhere on the fat pension I've been promised, I guess. As long as he's there with me. I want to grow old with him.

Of course, we both might end up as so much space dust before then. Happens to the best of them. I've even thought about what I'll do if I see Wedge killed. I've got his holo stuck right next to the self-destruct keypad in my X-wing. I couldn't go on without him, just couldn't bear it. But that's only if I know for sure he's dead. If I don't see it with my own eyes, I'll go get blind drunk and wait for him to show up. We Rogues are pretty difficult to kill.

C'mon, Janson, quit the morbid thoughts. What happened to living in the present? He's in your bed, he's very much alive, and you've both got a two-day leave. What more could you want?

Uh-oh. Must have been thinking too loud. He's waking up. Oh, gods, it's the brown eyes and the sleepy smile. Delicious. He needs another haircut.

"Good morning." His voice is all low and growly. Sexy. He plants a kiss on my chest. "What time is it?"

I can see the exhaustion in his eyes. He works too hard. "It's early," I reply. "Go back to sleep."

"You're awake."

"Yeah, you caught me. Now go back to sleep."

He grins, his chin resting on my chest. "What if I don't want to go back to sleep?" I flinch as his hand creeps down my stomach, tickling and arousing, leaving a familiar trail of fire in its wake.

"How in all the hells do you do that?" I manage to force out between clenched teeth.

"Do what?" His hand reaches its target and starts working its magic.

"You were sound asleep thirty seconds ago." My breath hitches in my throat as his grip tightens ever so slightly. "And now you're wide awake and..."

"Horny?" He wriggles up my body and presses a chaste kiss to my lips, instantly pulling away when I try to slip my tongue into his mouth. "Fast reactions. Guess that's why they made me the commander, Janson."

He tries to tease me with another half-kiss, but this time I manage to grab the back of his neck, pulling him in and plundering his mouth with my tongue. His moans vibrate straight through me and I can't stop myself from thrusting into his hand. He shudders, pushing his own erection against my thigh.

Figuring I can trust him not to stop kissing me, I move my hand from his neck to his cock, squeezing and stroking in time with the rhythm he began. He settles himself more comfortably on his side, his lips never straying more than a centimeter or two from mine. Kissing, licking, nibbling, he continues massaging me higher and higher...

Yes, even after all this time, we can still get each other off with a simple hand-job. Especially first thing in the morning.

He groans, I groan ... our kisses intensify as we thrust against each other. Hot mouths, hot hands, hot ... everything. I have to stop kissing him - I need to breathe. My forehead rests against his as I gasp for oxygen.

"Wes?" he pants.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He knows which buttons to press. Romantic bastard. I come all over him.

It's only when I come down from that euphoric high that I realize he's gone limp in my hand and my stomach is now warm and sticky. He kisses me gently before opening his eyes and melting my heart.

"Every time, Janson. Every time."

I try to frown at him. "Didn't see you holding back, old man." I stretch for the box of wipes that lives on the bedside table but don't quite make it. He's rolled on top of me, pinning me in place.

"Young enough for you, Lieutenant."

"Wedge, get off."

"Done that." He laughs and squirms a little. Yuck. Our sticky bodies make a squelching noise.

"We've got time for a shower," he whispers. Suddenly the wriggling stops. "Hey, we've got two days! We've got time for a lot of things."

"Memory going again, Commander? I take it you'd forgotten about our R&R."

He kisses his way along my collar bone, lightly grazing it with his teeth. "I was a little preoccupied." He looks up again, brown eyes twinkling. "So, what are we going to do for two days?"

I try to push him off me. "First, we shower. Then ... I'm sure we'll think of something."

"You wanna stay in bed for two days?"

"Only if you shower first. You stink."

"Yeah, well, that's what happens when you spend the night with a smelly Tanaabian." He leaps off the bed and holds out his arm to me. "Two days, huh?"

I grab his hand and haul myself upright, trying to ignore the sticky mess smeared all over my stomach and thighs. "Yup, two days. Maybe we could just put up a `Do Not Disturb' sign and lock the door."

There's a definite gleam in those eyes. "Sounds good to me." He slips his arm around my waist and steers me toward the shower room.

My arm settles naturally around his shoulders, squeezing gently as the emotion inside threatens to break out once more. Our lives are so unpredictable - some TIE pilot gets in one lucky shot and ... it's all gone. Maybe that's why our time together is so precious.

Two days. Two whole days just to be together.

My arm tightens around him again, and he squeezes my waist in reply as he rests his head on my shoulder. I kiss his hair.

He's the other half of my soul. And he fits so neatly.


Back to SWA-L Archive