Memories
by MonaR.


Notes: Here's my first crack at the ABC challenge. I reserve the right to do more, but be warned - things like this bring out the silly in me.
Pairing: H/Lu
Rating: PG


"Kid - "

Luke sighed, wondering for the thousandth time if Han would ever call him anything but 'kid'. "Maybe if I live to be a hundred - " he muttered to himself, "or start calling him 'old-timer'," he added, with a grin at the thought of what that appellation would do to the Corellian. "Now what's wrong, Han?" he asked, wandering to the side of the docked 'Falcon, where Han was working on the latest round of repairs to the battered ship.

"Oh, nothing," Han drawled, with a lazy grin, "just wondered if you'd come when I called. Practicing again?" he asked, before Luke had a chance to put a voice to his scowl.

"Quick reflexes are the mark of a Jedi Knight," Luke retorted, jumping up neatly to the deck of the 'Falcon and flashing on his 'saber, holding the no-longer-smiling pilot at bay. "Really, don't you have anything better to do than bait me about this? Salvaging this hunk of junk, for example."

"That's the thanks I get for saving your ass - "

"Uh, Han, the last time I checked, I was saving your ass," Luke grinned. "Vision, memory - are there any other lingering side effects of your hibernation sickness that you haven't told me about?"

"Well, if that doesn't take the - " Han sputtered, practically apoplectic. "X-wing flying's all of a sudden gone to your head, and the 'Falcon isn't good enough for you. You know, I never thought that you'd turn into a snob on me, Skywalker."

"Zip it, both of you," Leia said, shaking her head as she looked up at the two of them. "Acting like a couple of kids, at your age! Bet you were talking about your exploits on Tatooine and Endor again, weren't you - or was it Hoth, this time?"

"Come on, Leia," Luke said, flushing and powering down his lightsaber. "Don't you remember what it was like?"

"Everyone remembers! For the past fifty years, it's all either of you have been able to talk about!"

Grinning, Luke, his once-blond hair now silver, reached down his hand to pull Han to his feet, jumping slightly as his eighty-year-old best friend pinched his ass. "Han," he hissed, under his breath, "stop it!"

"I cannot tell you how many times I have thanked the gods that you two ended up together, and left me alone," Leia added, shaking her head. "Just think of what it would have been like if you'd persisted in thinking that you were straight!"


Back to SWA-L Archive