J is for...Stardestroyer?
by Claire


"Fucking work, damn it!" yelled Han, kicking one of the Falcon’s control terminals. Grinning when it suddenly sprang to life, the pilot was just deciding if the tactic would work again when a hand was placed on his shoulder. Han turned around to find Leia looking at him.

"I was hoping I could speak to you and Luke. Just talk, I promise," she added quickly at Han's dubious look.

"KID!" yelled Han after long seconds.

Luke walked out of the Falcon, stopping dead when he saw Leia standing there.

"Maybe we should go inside," said Leia, motioning up the ramp of the Falcon.

Noticing that people were starting to look in their direction Luke nodded. "Okay," he said, turning and heading back into the ship.

Princess Leia watched as Han followed Luke into the Falcon. Quickly glancing around to see Mon Mothma nodding at her encouragingly, she walked into the Falcon. Remembering what the other woman had said to her, Leia looked at Han and Luke. Standing in front of the two men Leia took a deep breath. "Thanks for seeing me," she said softly. "Uh, I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for the way I acted before. Very, very sorry."

Watching as tears sprang to Leia’s eyes, Luke pulled her to him in a tight embrace.

"X7-AG was right, I *have* been a bitch," said the young woman, her face muffled in Luke's shirt.

"You’re forgiven, right Han?" Luke told her, glancing at the Corellian.

Zeroing in on Leia’s red, teary eyes, Han nodded.

A smile spread across Leia’s face as she accepted the lovers’ forgiveness, thanking the deities that she hadn’t realised her mistake when it was too late.


"Base control, this is Captain Solo of the Millennium Falcon requesting clearance for take-off."

"Captain Solo, this is base control," the grainy voice replied over the comm-link. "Departure has been granted, you are clear for launch."

Ending the transmission, Han glanced over at Chewie and nodded, and the Millennium Falcon left the Rebel base and shot into space.


Back to SWA-L Archive