The Fogs of Leetha
by Athea


Archive: at SWAL, please
Archive Date: February 15, 2000
Author's Webpage: http:members.dencity.com/Athea/Athea.html
Pairing: Q/O


Obi-Wan straightened up with a sigh of relief and rolled his head to loosen tight neck muscles. A large hand began a soothing massage and he relaxed into the gentle manipulation of the strained tendons.

"It's not fixable." Qui-Gon's statement was not a question.

"No, Master. I expect that the flux line was filed almost through so that we'd be well on our way before it failed completely and fluxed out drop by drop until the engine overheated." He turned with a grin to his companion. "And no, even if I could fix the break, there is nothing that we could use for flux."

"The transponder battery is dead as well." Qui-Gon smiled faintly. "Someone does not want us to attend the negotiations at Rol-lando. And our comm links are not powerful enough to reach the capital city."

Obi-Wan watched while his master pondered the possibilities. His eyes drank in the slight frown between the deep-set blue eyes, eyes that matched the azure sky that arched overhead. He watched without seeming to while the full lips quirked slightly amid the close cropped beard and wondered for the thousandth time what the bristles would feel like on his face.

Would they be hard or soft? Would the beard tickle or scratch? He shook himself out of the familiar litany of questions he was afraid he'd never learn the answers to and looked around at the hills they'd managed to crash in. Their speeder was mostly together but with the emergency beacon unpowered, they weren't going to be picked up any time soon.

The speeder was too small to provide shelter but the solar panel on the side with a little adjustment would soon provide enough power to energize the transponder. So, while Qui-Gon thought about why and how and who, Obi-Wan began to work on hooking up the small panel to the emergency communications beacon. Glancing at the sky again, he made the mental calculations as to how long it would take to charge the completely drained beacon so it could begin to transmit.

Too long. They had at most three more hours of light before dusk began to fall and it would take at least ten to fully charge the unit. It looked like they'd be sleeping rough. Yet again. Obi-Wan sighed and tightened the last connection. What did the Universe have against providing them with hot water, dry rooms and soft beds?

"How long will it take to recharge?" Qui-Gon asked.

"It should be sending signals by tomorrow afternoon." He stood upright again and noticed the streak of grease on his fingers.

A large hand raised his chin and a broad thumb brushed against his cheek. "We need to find water soon. There is but one container of water aboard."

Obi-Wan felt almost dizzy when the warm hand dropped away. "We are also going to need shelter for tonight. The temperature drops fast once the sun goes down."

"Yes. I'm sensing water near by." Qui-Gon tilted his head a bit as if he were listening to something. "These hills are volcanic in origin so there may be caves."

"Should we take our bags with us while we go look?"

"Yes. I think so." That half smile was back, the one that Obi-Wan loved to see.

"I'll put the water in mine, just in case. Should we split up?" Hoping he would say no.

Qui-Gon listened again then shook his head. "No. There are tales of rather strange weather patterns this time of the year on Leetha. I would prefer we faced them together."

"It looks just the same as it has the last week, Master." Obi-Wan scanned the sky and horizon for clouds or anything that might herald a change.

"Close your eyes, Padawan. Your eyes can deceive you. Stretch out with the Force." The patient tones recited a lesson oft repeated.

Obi-Wan obediently closed his eyes and opened himself to the air currents that flowed about them. Light...playful breeze...a hint of moisture...smell of damp earth...and sudden bone chilling cold. He shivered and reached out towards the sensation only to feel Qui-Gon's hands on his shoulders.

He could feel his master's concern and caught himself from leaning back against the solid body behind him. "I sense something very cold...moving toward us...damp air. A storm?"

"I think not, Obi-Wan."

No one said his name with such affectionate overtones and Obi-Wan relaxed into both the physical and mental hold.

"There is no electrical disturbance or change in the ozone layer. It's as if the change is coming from the earth itself." That voice flowed over him like honey and he had a sudden vision of golden syrup pouring over his skin. "We'd better take the emergency rations with us as well. I'm sensing some hunger."

Obi-Wan grinned, opening his eyes and reaching into the speeder for their bags. "I'm always hungry, Master. You know that."

It was the Universe's own truth, he mused while Qui-Gon chuckled behind him and accepted his travel bag. Only this appetite went unappeased except by the occasional warm touch and affectionate mental nudge. Placing the water pouch into his own bag, he wondered if he'd ever be allowed to slake the thirsty desire that grew with each passing year.

Looking up it time to see an errant sunbeam set his master's hair to flaming gold, he sighed silently. Probably not. Qui-Gon was an intensely private man who rarely let down his shields fully. Oh, Obi-Wan knew that his master cared for him, felt pride in his accomplishments and enjoyed working with him. But could he ever love him as Obi-Wan loved him?

Intensely...passionately...whole-heartedly?

That was a question that wouldn't be answered today, Obi-Wan decided, adjusting the strap that would hold his bag in place over one shoulder. Opening himself to the currents that flowed about them, he followed Qui-Gon through the tall flowering grasses towards the nearest hill.

A half an hour later, they rested on the boulder-strewn peak, chewing on energy bars. The breeze had died away completely and left a curious stillness behind that had Obi-Wan looking over his shoulder. "Master, do you feel that?"

"The birds are roosting with two hours of daylight left. And all the small creatures that scampered along side of us have gone to ground as if something were hunting them." He didn't look worried but then he never did, Obi-Wan sighed.

"It feels like something is watching us. But not an animal or life form, its something...bigger." Obi-Wan struggled to put it into words. But whatever it was, was greater than his vocabulary.

"Nature. We'd best emulate the inhabitants and find shelter." Qui-Gon headed down the other side of the tor, weaving gracefully through the half-buried boulders.

For such a big man, he moved more like a dancer than a fighter. Obi-Wan followed him thinking silently on the differences between them. His master was large and perfectly proportioned, knowing how to handle himself in any situation. Obi-Wan tripped and barely suppressed an oath. While he, on the other hand, was just beginning to feel comfortable within his own skin.

He'd finally reached his full growth and for the last year, he'd been working hard on honing muscles and developing an awareness of what his body could do in all conditions. Once his bones stopped aching with the growth spurt at twenty, he'd thrown himself into the exercises that would harden the sinews that held everything together. And Qui-Gon had let him concentrate on his body even though he knew that his master was hopeful that he could soon begin to focus on the living Force.

Now, he had almost mastered his body, he should probably move in the direction that Qui-Gon had been gently pointing him. But he'd needed to work on his physical form first, he argued with himself. It was what anchored him to the world when he cast his mind out into the energy field that surrounded everyone. Not to mention that I have some kind of chance of controlling my body since I can't seem to discipline my emotions.

He had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he almost bumped into the solid shape of his master ahead of him. Looking up in surprise, he noticed that the light was fading rapidly, casting shadows over the grasses they were tromping through. A fine mist floated a few inches from the ground, weaving ghostlike patterns through the green sprouts. It wasn't a cloud obscuring the sun but more of the mist that now seemed thicker than just a moment before.

"This way. I hear water ahead. Perhaps there is also a cave where we might find shelter." Qui-Gon looked at him calmly but Obi-Wan sensed a tenseness in his shoulders that belied his words.

"Yes, Master." He moved up to walk at his side, his eyes never ceasing to move over the unfamiliar terrain. "You never said what kind of weirdness the data banks spoke of?"

"I accessed the report of the last Jedi to visit Leetha. He mentioned an old tale of one hundred years ago. He called it the Time of Madness. It seems that everyone reacted rather badly to an abrupt change in the weather."

Obi-Wan was almost panting with the effort to keep up with his master's longer stride. "What...what kind of weather?"

In the silence, he noticed the silver glints of dew suspended in the soft gray mists that now reached their waists. The light was almost completely gone and he could feel the air currents grow wet and soggy with increasing moisture.

"Fog."

For a moment, Obi-Wan thought Qui-Gon was commenting on the weather. Then he realized that he was answering his question. "Like this fog?"

"Perhaps. I'm not sensing anything inimical from it. Just...something growing. Releasing itself from bindings that have long held it captive."

The sound of running water came abruptly out of the shrouded landscape and they turned towards it instinctively. Obi-Wan could vaguely make out a small pool and the gurgling of water.

"There does seem to be a shadow that may be a cave just beyond it in the hillside. I sense a hollowness that feels promising." Was that a hint of relief in his voice? Obi-Wan didn't believe it for an instant. Nothing ever fazed his master. He always took everything in stride.

The mist swirled up between them, shoulder height now and more opaque than Obi-Wan would have thought possible. He could feel it pressing against his clothes, dampening his robe into a heavy mass that weighed heavily on him, slowing his steps. "Master, what made them call it the Time of Madness?"

"Supposedly, everyone who was trapped in it, saw visions of the future. Some were rather horrific and sent the people who saw them quite mad. Just in case there is a kernel of truth to the old tale, I would like you to find your center now and stay grounded." Qui-Gon's voice never changed its even tenor but Obi-Wan immediately reached inside himself for the calm center that began every meditation.

Focus. Serenity. Calm.

He'd done it a million times in a hundred different settings but this time, he really had to concentrate. So much so that he quit moving towards the pool and its promise of shelter. When he next looked up, he was alone. The fog swirled around him with damp caressing fingers that touched him everywhere. Shivering at the cool touches that made his skin crawl, he reached out with his mind for his master.

"Master? I can't see you." His voice sounded deadened as if he were enclosed in a sound proofed room. There was no answer and he felt a shudder shake his spine at the sudden fear that Qui-Gon had been swallowed up alive by the fog.

None of his senses seemed to be working so he closed his eyes and went completely inside to his center as Qui-Gon had taught him. Once he felt balanced again, he reached out into the Force for the bright light that was his master. But the energy field he was familiar with was gone, replaced with swirling lights and pulsing patterns that looked suspiciously like three dimensional pictures flashing past him at hyperspeed.

He was freezing now in the cold mist that stroked his skin into goose bumps. The pictures were slowing now and one set caught his attention and made him forget the icy cold that numbed his entire body. Flashes of blue and green reminded him of their frequent bouts of light saber battles. But why were there red flashes as well?

Gradually, his inner sight grew clear and he watched in horror while they fought a Sith warrior with a red beamed light staff in place of the usual saber. He felt himself fall while Qui-Gon held off the strange attacker, moving away from him. It felt like time slowed along with his body and he watched with growing despair while his master drew further away from him although he tried to catch up.

A pulsing force field held him back while his master fought the evil warrior alone, growing more weary with every blow until the black robed one slashed straight through Qui-Gon's body and he fell to the ground dying. Obi-Wan screamed soundlessly into the pulsating mists in denial, feeling hatred flood through him as the energy barrier cycled off and he leapt to confront the Sith.

Hatred and fear fed his strength and he watched himself fight with every ounce of cunning he had, only to loose his light saber and his balance in the same moment. Hanging on for dear life above the seemingly bottomless pit, he gathered his wits about him and made the leap up while calling Qui-Gon's light saber to his hand. And now the battle turned in his favor and he watched with savage satisfaction as the Sith died on his blade.

No. Not his blade but Qui-Gon's. Now he was holding his master, feeling the life force drain surely from his body and nothing he could do would stop the inexorable advance of death. Chosen one. Promise me. Train him.

The words made no sense but the other Obi-Wan was promising him he would train the boy. And with a last caress, he was gone, taking the light with him.

Blackness. He floated in a cold dark sea of ice and had no will to fight the freezing cold that invaded him body and soul. Without Qui-Gon there was no reason not to give into the dark. Let it take him away into everlasting night.


"Obi-Wan."

He could feel pulsating warmth beating against his skin. Master?

"I need you to wake up now, Padawan. Leave the fog behind and come back to the here and now." A rhythmic sound filled his ears.

The fog.

It all came crashing back into his mind and he cried out in terror, reaching for his master with limbs still numb with cold. And felt warm arms cradling him and the soft sound of his master's heart beating under his ear. But he couldn't make his voice work to ask the questions that flooded him. Only a moan emerged.

"Sh-h-h, Padawan. You got lost in the fog and it took me a while to find you. But we are both safe now. We have a fire, water near by and a small but adequate cave for shelter." His voice was the coaxing one that Obi-Wan hadn't heard since he was a child. "Come, open your eyes and leave the visions behind."

The visions.

Obi-Wan felt tears slide out from under his eyelashes to soak into the finely woven tunic under his cheek. He tried to hold back the sobs but they broke free muffled against his master's chest. Only a vision. Not necessarily a true foreseeing of the future, he tried to tell himself but the vivid pictures still filled his mind with sickening certainty.

Obi-Wan. Share them with me. He felt the warm presence nudge his shields and before he could refuse, they fell before the quiet request and the horror spilled out into Qui-Gon's mind.

Long moments passed but Obi-Wan felt nothing but warm caring that wrapped him in a mental blanket of soft hugs. Then, his master sighed.

You know that visions do not necessarily come to pass? That many paths still exist that do not lead to my death at the hands of a Sith? The words felt like soothing caresses to Obi-Wan's wounded soul.

I know, Master. Obi-Wan struggled with his fears.

Was that a kiss at his temple?

I too had a vision while in the fog, Padawan. Qui-Gon went silent but his heartbeat sped up and that was enough to bring Obi-Wan's head away from its comfortable haven, although the strong arms still cradled him as they had when he was a child.

His eyes focused on his master's face in the flickering firelight. Such torment on the beloved features. Indecision was a foreign concept to his mentor but that was precisely what Obi-Wan was seeing.

"Master? Was your vision one of death as well?"

Those far away blue eyes framed by the drying hair that glinted gray and gold in the firelight dropped to his face and a faint smile tilted his lips up. "Not death but life. And love beyond measure."

Obi-Wan felt the shock of the unexpected words like a blow to his stomach. While he was seeing death and destruction, Qui-Gon was envisioning a life without him. He should be glad that his master had seen a better future than he had and he fought for the strength to tell him so. He kept his eyes open with a supreme act of will and struggled to speak.

But that gentle smile never faltered and a callused finger brushed across his lips. "Close your eyes and see what I foresaw, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan closed his eyes obediently, opening his inner sight to the images that his master projected into his mind.


A small cottage surrounded by a large garden came into view. Bright flowers bloomed among tall decorative grasses, birds sang from atop the trellises that surrounded the stone walls, the sound of falling water echoed from behind the cottage and Obi-Wan saw with a shock that he was in the garden following the flagstone path towards the back.

But he was old. Sixty, perhaps even seventy years old.

Tall trees created afternoon shadows over the lily pond that curved away from the small waterfall that fed it. Under a shaded pergola, he saw his older self approach a tall figure nodding in sleep on a padded bench. The hair was pure white but still as long and luxurious as ever. It was Qui-Gon as he would be in forty years time, his face calm and serene in slumber. He watched the older Obi-Wan lean over and gently brush his fingers over the smooth shaven cheek of the older Qui-Gon. The eyes flickered open, showing as blue as ever and a smile crossed the lips that quirked up at his former student. "Dinner time already?"

The older Obi-Wan returned the smile before leaning over to brush a kiss across the smiling lips. "Yes, it is, love. Come inside and eat. I've got a surprise for dessert. Your favorite."

Older Qui-Gon grinned and stood up slowly, putting his arm around the older Obi-Wan's shoulder. "My favorite dessert is honey covered Obi-Wan."

"Exactly." And his older self hugged the tall figure to him, kissing him with passionate fervor.


Obi-Wan's eyes shot open in astonishment. "You...we...we were lovers."

"Yes. We were." Those blue eyes smiled down at him. "I prefer my vision to yours, Padawan."

"Master." Obi-Wan found he was crying again but this time they were tears of relief.

"Does this mean that my vision has a chance of coming true?" Was there a note of uncertainty in his voice?

Obi-Wan couldn't find his voice but he let his actions speak for him. Reaching up with one hand, he ran his thumb over the full lips he'd been daydreaming about. The short hairs of Qui-Gon's beard tickled the palm of his hand with their soft silky spikes. Looking into those wise blue eyes, he let all he'd been feeling for the last two years flow from him and into his master's safe keeping.

Love.

Passion.

Fantasies too numerous to detail.

They all poured out and into his master's mind and he felt Qui-Gon's shield drop completely, returning to him the feelings doubled in strength. He was surrounded and filled with love that overflowed into the Force, wrapping them both in a cocoon of astonished delight. But even that wasn't as good as the feeling of Qui-Gon's lips on his and the warm tongue stroking inside his mouth.

Obi-Wan felt as if he were floating in bliss. Strong hands held him close, shaping him with long soothing strokes that made him tingle with longing. They had to break apart to breathe and Obi-Wan felt the Force surrounding them still, flowing about the small cave in small pulsing waves.

"I never dared hope that you might one day feel anything beyond the love and respect you would give a teacher." Qui-Gon murmured against his brow.

"A beloved teacher. I do respect you and everything you've taught me. But it's been several years since I have loved you with all my heart." Obi-Wan raised a hand and traced the strong jaw above him, running his fingers through the soft bristles. "I never thought you would look on me as anything more than a sometimes annoying student."

"Never annoying, beloved. Exasperating...arousing...enticing..." He punctuated each word with a kiss down his throat to the hollow at the opening of his tunic.

Obi-Wan gasped at the ticklish sensations of soft lips and bristling beard, his head falling back to give him more room for his explorations. "I could...use...the same words for you. Or maybe I should say...fascinating...enthralling...seductive."

"They definitely describe you, my dearest Padawan." Qui-Gon drew back a little and looked deep into his eyes. "This need go no further right now, Obi-Wan. Perhaps you should take some time to consider what bonding yourself to someone so much older would mean."

"It means that we must take great care of each other so we can make your vision come true. I know my own heart, Qui-Gon. I have looked at others my own age, done some experimenting with both sexes and none of them make me feel like you do." Obi-Wan held onto the front of Qui-Gon's tunic, almost shaking him in his desire to make him believe.

His chuckle filled the cave with its joyous sound. "So passionate, my love. Perhaps your passion will keep me young. Just how much experimenting did you do?"

Obi-Wan blushed and sat up, not quite leaving the arms that still supported him. "Not much really. It felt more like physical exercise than making love."

"And are you ready to make love? For the rest of our lives."

His eyes glowed like blue sapphires in the subdued lighting of the cave. Obi-Wan thought he'd never seen anything more beautiful in his entire life. "I would like you to teach me what I need to know, Qui-Gon."

We will teach each other, Obi-Wan.

Now? He asked hopefully.

He chuckled again and shook his head. First we will drink some tea and perhaps wash off the grime of our trip.

Obi-Wan's stomach chose that moment to growl and he joined in his master's laughter. And eat something, too?

Most assuredly. We can't have you fainting from hunger, now can we?

No, my master. That would be most disappointing. And he looked up through his eyelashes with a shy attempt at flirting.

"Padawan, Padawan, I can see that I will need to eat as well to keep up my strength." And setting Obi-Wan to one side, he got to his feet and ducked through the vine covered entrance.

"Master!" Obi-Wan scrambled after him only to find the fog gone and a star filled sky overhead. "It's clear."

"Yes, it didn't last long at all. Perhaps thirty minutes at the most." Qui-Gon knelt by the pool and filled both their water bag and the pot that he always carried with him for emergencies.

Obi-Wan took the pot from him absentmindedly while he searched the small glade for any trace of the mind-altering fog. "But it seemed to last for hours. The fight was longer than that."

Qui-Gon stood by his side and tilted his face up, feathering a kiss across suddenly sensitive lips. "Time is fluid, as is the future. The Force is strong in this place. Perhaps the reason we were stranded here was to face our greatest fear or desire."

Greatest fear. Obi-Wan followed him back inside and set the pot on the small tripod over the fire. Yes, losing his master had always been his secret fear. Even knowing that he was pleased with how quickly his padawan was learning hadn't been enough to still the faint tremor of despair that he would fail him and be set aside. Or worse, win through to his trials, succeed and still lose his best friend to duty.

You will not lose me, Obi-Wan. Our hearts are bound together by friendship and love. The soft mental caress brought his head up in time to see Qui-Gon's cloak removed and carefully laid out on a man shaped layer of freshly picked grasses.

He almost forgot to breathe when the utility belt was unbuckled and laid to one side. Master? Even his mental query seemed breathless to him.

I think we'll be more comfortable with a wash, Padawan. And we can't risk fouling the pool where I'm sure most of the small creatures of the hills come to drink. His boots were next and then he paused and raised his eyebrows in silent question.

Obi-Wan ducked his head and removed his own cloak and utility belt, setting them on the other side of the quiet fire where the water was beginning to gently bubble. "Should I make tea, Master?"

"I think we would both benefit from a cup, Padawan. And what is left of the water can be used to bathe with." He calmly removed his over-tunic and Obi-Wan forgot how to breathe at the new/old sight of his master's bare chest. The small smile reminded him that it was his turn and he fumbled with the fasteners, jerking it off with little finesse and almost tearing it in his awkward haste.

"Gently, Obi-Wan. We have all the time in the world, now. Savor this moment as I plan to." Qui-Gon reached for the pot with a corner of his tunic to keep from burning himself, pouring the hot water into the tea bottle they kept with them, always filled with the leaves of the jarbala shrub that made such a soothing tea.

Setting it aside, he motioned to Obi-Wan to stick out his leg so he could remove his boot. A slight tug and the brown boot was set aside and the other one removed as quickly. Then long fingers were kneading his feet, seeking out the sore spots one after another until Obi-Wan was wriggling in pleasure.

"So passionate, my Padawan. It is what first drew me to you and kept me enthralled by your enjoyment of life." He drew out a cloth they often used while bathing and dipped it in the hot water, beckoning him closer.

Obi-Wan scooted across the remaining distance until they faced each other, a handbreadth apart, both sitting cross-legged on the bare stone floor. At the first touch of the warm water, he shivered, but not with cold. He kept his eyes on his master's, loving the intent gleam there. The cloth moved slowly from one shoulder across his chest to the other then dipped briefly to tease the nipple over his heart. Trickles of water ran down his chest to the waistband of his pants.

He'd never realized how sensitive his skin was. He could feel each drop of water. Each path taken through the curling hairs on his chest. The cloth was almost too rough as it slid down across the other nipple. He felt his body begin to change with the slow caresses. Some parts tightened and hardened while others rippled with sudden tremors.

"Your turn." Qui-Gon dipped the cloth in the warm water and handed it to his apprentice.

Grinning in anticipation, Obi-Wan took the wash cloth and traced the same pattern on his master's gleaming skin. But the tanned skin he washed was laced with scars that shown like white paths against the golden flesh. He'd seen most of them before but now he could touch them for himself, follow the ridges with his fingertips and wash away the memory of pain from each and every old wound.

His actions were producing some interesting physical reactions in Qui-Gon's still figure. The brown nipples were hardened peaks that made Obi-Wan want to taste and touch further. The broad shoulders tapered to a rock hard stomach and trim waist which were even now rippling stomach muscles as the warm water seeped into his waistband.

Eyes locked again and his master shook his head. "I think it's time for some tea, my Padawan. Before we finish our...bath."

"Yes, Master." Obediently, he placed the wash cloth into the pot and pulled out the collapsible cups from his bag and held them out for the steeped green tea that his master poured in a fragrant stream into the two cups. Opening two more energy bars, he handed one to Obi-Wan.

They sipped and chewed in expectant silence, their eyes never leaving the other. Obi-Wan could feel the anticipation humming through the Force and when he exerted himself, he could even feel the emerging shape of their new bond. A shared space laced with some of him and some of Qui-Gon's essence, intricately woven into something new and so beautiful he could hardly bare to look at it.

As beautiful as you are, my Obi-Wan. The silky smooth thought caressed his heart.

You are the beautiful one, my Master. Obi-Wan felt the hesitant denial from his other half. Remember, you always told me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And when I look at you, I see nothing but strength and grace and infinite beauty.

Qui-Gon's eyes widened and turned a sultry midnight blue. I shall not argue with you, beloved. Only marvel at the way the Force has brought us together.

Two halves of a single whole. Obi-Wan finished his tea and set his cup aside. Gathering his bravery in both hands, he stood up and unfastened his pants, slowly pushing them down his legs and kicking them aside. Standing proudly before his master, he waited patiently for Qui-Gon to make the next move.

His master knelt up and reached for the cloth, running it up the front of one leg then across his stomach and down the other leg. The lukewarm water felt good to Obi-Wan's overheated skin. Reaching behind his apprentice, he washed the backs of both legs and trailed the cloth down his cleft with a tender stroke that made him tremble.

But the caress that made him sway and almost fall was the soft kiss that Qui-Gon placed on the head of his swiftly firming cock. Liquid fire flowed through his veins and the combination of soft lips and tickling hair almost sent him into premature release. Seizing the Force, using it to help him control his natural desire to seek the safe haven of his master's mouth, brought him a semblance of control.

While he was fighting his instincts, Qui-Gon had finished washing him and stood to face his student. His head brushed the ceiling of the cave and Obi-Wan felt as if a giant stood before him, larger than life. But when he released the clasp at his waist and slowly slid the cloth down the long legs to puddle on the stone floor, Obi-Wan felt his stomach clench in anticipation.

"My turn." He took a deep breath and knelt to reach for the cloth in the pot of cool water. Starting at the shapely feet, he washed up the strong legs, trying to ignore the heavy shaft that bobbed near his head. There were more scars scattered among the fine sandy hairs that darkened when wet. He couldn't resist kissing the six inch scar on his left hip, where Qui-Gon had taken a blaster shot while flinging a young Obi-Wan to safety on one of their first missions.

The back of his legs were dealt with swiftly then the cloth slid down the cleft of the powerful buttocks and around to the front where the heavy balls hung below the rising cock. Tentatively, he slid the damp cloth up the turgid shaft before leaning in to lick away the clear bead of moisture from the satin smooth head.

Qui-Gon hissed and raised him to his feet in one fluid motion, taking his padawan's mouth with his own. Obi-Wan dropped the cloth and slid his hands up and down the long arms that held him so tightly. Their tongues slid against each other, sharing the tastes of tea underlain by the sweet essence of each man. Obi-Wan was quite sure he'd never tasted anything so wonderful in his life.

Then he was flying through the air and his eyes popped open in astonishment only to find himself laid gently on his master's cloak atop the bed of grasses. The welcome warmth of Qui-Gon's body at his side made him sigh in relief.

Beloved padawan. Qui-Gon's hair was loose and fell like a silken curtain about his face. Obi-Wan raised a hand to comb through the slightly graying strands.

Dearest master.

Then there were no more words, just tender touches and heated kisses. As their bodies met in an ancient dance of passion, so did their souls meet and entwine until Obi-Wan could no longer tell which body he was in. Hands stroked each other. Mouths sucked and licked. Flesh slid together in a glide of silk and satin. Sweat oiled their movements. A thrust...a touch...a whimper...and scalding heat pulsed between them, anointing their skins with blood hot liquid.

One body.

One heart.

One soul.


Epilogue, 25 years later:

Obi-Wan came around the corner of their home looking for his absent mate. Breathing in the sweet fragrance of the night blooming Adorus flowers, he released still another council induced headache into the Force. Running a hand through his graying hair, he pondered for the thousandth time why their garden seemed a magnet for the Force currents that flowed erratically over the surface of their adopted home planet of Gravin. Qui-Gon was the envy of the local garden club and they'd hosted the annual garden show for the second time in the last ten years just a few months before.

I'm here, beloved. A hand waved from the newly planted Costa bed and Obi-Wan saw Qui-Gon on his knees industriously weeding between the short purple shoots of what would soon be showy white flowers of unsurpassed beauty and fragrance. I think you've said that before, love. Only last time it was about the Adorus lilies.

"Is it my fault that everything you plant grows more beautiful than the last?" Obi-Wan reached down and raised his lover to his feet, stealing a quick kiss while he held him.

Qui-Gon deepened the kiss until they were both breathing hard before pulling just far enough away to rest his forehead against his lover's. "I believe it is your fault, beloved. You were the one who christened the Adorus lily bed."

Obi-Wan blushed when he remembered their impromptu lovemaking on the newly raked and prepared earth. The ground, warmed by the afternoon sun had cushioned their naked bodies while they rolled back and forth in lazy lovemaking. Qui-Gon had taken him from behind, coaxing a copious spraying of the soil with Obi-Wan's own seed. "What ever would the garden society say if they knew of our unorthodox gardening practices?"

His white haired lover smiled, crinkling the corners of eyes the color of the sky. "Do you think I should share our secret the next time they ask?"

"No!" Obi-Wan's reaction was swift and he was rewarded with the hearty laugh he loved to hear.

"Dinner's ready." The call came from the kitchen where Obi-Wan's apprentice waved to get their attention.

"Coming, Luke." Obi-Wan smiled at the fifteen-year-old towhead who grinned at them from the open window.

Qui-Gon chuckled and slung an arm over his lover's shoulders, turning him towards the path that led to the back door. "We got a holo-letter from Anakin and Amidala. She's pregnant again. What does this make... six?"

"Well, you did say the Force was strong with the Skywalker family. I think Mace is enjoying Leia as his Padawan. She was questioning him about the Council's decision this afternoon when I left." Obi-Wan rested his head against the shoulder that had been made just for him. "Hopefully, we'll all be able to visit Naboo again before the baby is born."

They wiped their feet on the back door mat and paused for a moment to watch the shadows of dusk spread across the garden pond.

"I planted some new water lilies today." Qui-Gon nestled a kiss at Obi-Wan's temple. "Perhaps we should come out after Luke's gone to bed and do a little...fertilizing."

Obi-Wan laughed out loud. Why not, indeed.


The end for now

Back to SWA-L Archive