I Caught A Falling Star
by Laura JV


Archive: SWA-L
Disclaimer:
Georgie Lucas, pudding and pie
Owns the boys, and they don't cry...
Until we get them, by and by.

Then we hear them cry for wanks
(Or maybe cuz they're being spanked)
And so we say, Georgie, thanks.

We send our fiction out for free,
And on the 'Net we save a tree,
So don't send lawyers after me.
Notes: I seem to like slashing Luke just after ROTJ. This is *not* connected to the Luke/Lando series that starts with "Comfort, Surrender, Sanctuary", nor is it connected to my AU series "Father & Son", although that series is also Luke/Wedge. I was writing the Luke/Wedge story for that series ("Tales of the Future"), and this came up and bit me in the ass. So.
Pairing: Lu/W
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Luke and Wedge find some comfort in each other.


"I caught a falling star. It cut my hands to pieces." --duVivier

It felt good going back to them, joining in the celebration. Leia's body warm against me as she drew me in; Han's firm, affectionate hug, unspoiled now by jealousy over my sister; the others, touching me, wary and respectful but friendly. And the wariness was just one more aloneness, and not the worst I'd had. Not like the shocking, overwhelming loneliness of Ben's death on top of Uncle Owen's and Aunt Beru's. Not like the consuming sorrow of being Vader's son. Not like the deep empty ache of losing my Master. Not like the desperate scrabbling against the door of my father's heart, or the devastation of opening it only to find a dying man inside.

And then Wedge was there, pulling me into an embrace, as casually as he ever had, his hair unruly, as though it understood his excitement and obliged by standing on end. "You'll have to tell me where you were," he said, as he let me go. "Otherwise, you won't tell anyone, and that's unhealthy."

I squeezed his arm. "Later."

"Yeah. Later is two hours from now, and don't you forget it."

I laughed and went to see some of the others, talk to them--and then I felt my master, and Obi-Wan, and...and my father, and went to see them, to spend some time--but Leia drew me back to the world of the living, and I let her.

Two hours is a long time to wait. I needed, desperately, to tell someone. Anyone. And I was so glad Wedge had volunteered.

He came to collect me, slightly drunk on the mild Ewok version of beer. Together, we found an empty hut, high in the trees, dusty from disuse but warm and isolated. I sat down on a low bench and looked up at him. The silence stretched between us, until I sighed and began to talk.

"I've...not had a good time of it lately. Since. Well." I ran my hands through my hair, and fought the fear within my heart. "Since Bespin. I left my Master...didn't finish my training. And...I did things I should not have done." He made a small move then, the quick shift of his body as eloquent as speech. I met his eyes. "You've heard stories of how Vader used the Force? To hurt others?"

"Yes." He was confused, a little wary.

"He was fond of choking people. I discovered...it's really a very easy trick. You just reach out and twist, and someone's throat has swollen shut."

He looked angry now, and frightened. I searched his face, looking for compassion, and found it somewhere--the sadness behind his eyes, maybe, or the way his lips parted in shock.

"I was on the Death Star," I whispered. "And...Vader killed the Emperor, for me."

"Vader killed--why?"

"He was my father, Wedge."

He shook his head, as if clearing his thoughts. "Who?"

"Vader." I laughed then, as I felt tears begin to fall. "Anakin Skywalker. Darth Vader. Same person. My father." I was shaking, trembling uncontrollably. "Maybe choking people runs in the family. Light and Dark, Leia takes people's breath away."

He sat down next to me and put his hand on my arm. "You're going too fast. What does Leia have to do with this?"

"She's my sister. Damn. I wanted for so long to get into those pants of hers--what a beautiful woman--and then I find out she's my sister. So it's a good thing she fell for Han instead of me, or this would have been one hell of a mess." I inhaled, calmed my body.

"Oh, hell," he breathed, and his hand tightened, fingers digging into my muscles--and then the pressure was gone, as he snatched his hand away.

"When did you get those, Luke?"

I looked at him, darkly amused, and pulled my tunic off over my head. "These?" I knew how I looked, strong from training--not the half-grown boy I was when he met me, not the Rebel pilot thin from too little food and too much work. This was the Jedi Knight, muscled from fighting and running and hours upon hours training with Yoda. And, truth be told, Yoda's cooking, which had grown on me and which I now missed.

"Yeah. Those."

"Here and there. It's been a year since you saw me, really."

He looked away, and in that moment, I knew.

Tension shivered through every line of his body, and his face was sad and confused and hurt and--oh, lust underneath it all, lust sweet as water in the desert.

Deliberately, slowly, I stretched, letting the day's abuses ease out of me, letting Wedge watch the muscles move under my skin. As I brought my arms down, I turned so that my hands fell on his shoulders. He jumped and I slid one hand down, around his waist, and pulled him close to me, lifted him and slipped a thigh between his legs so he was half-sitting on my lap.

"Luke."

I tasted his neck, tasted the salt of dried sweat and the faint tang of soap, and he gasped and arched his back.

"Luke."

I tangled my fingers in his hair, tipped his head back, and kissed him along his jawline, feeling the faint stubble against my skin. He clutched my shoulders, and tried to control his voice.

"Lu-Luke. What...are you doing?"

I didn't answer, not in words. Instead, I kissed him, and his mouth opened under mine, and his arm snaked around my waist and I pressed him back onto the bench. He moaned into my mouth as our erections brushed through our clothes.

The clothes I couldn't take off quickly enough, and we pulled apart to strip. He cursed softly as the fastener on his flightsuit caught, and I helped him with it, helped him slide the fabric off his hips, down, down, until we were naked before each other.

And then we were on the floor of the hut, our skin touching--oh, everywhere, as hot and soft as sand. He thrust his hips against me and there was nothing more perfect than this--nothing, nothing at all, because this was Wedge, who reached out to me with love and affection and friendship, not with that damned awed respect.

I moved down his body, enjoying the taste and smell of him. Sweat and musk filled my nostrils, and when I touched my tongue to his erection it was already beaded with liquid, the salt-and-lust taste everything I'd been craving. Life and affirmation and the utterly simple pleasure of sex. Losing myself and my grief and pain in another's touch.

I licked the shaft, and he thrust helplessly into my mouth, cursing again, begging. I laughed and sat back, then lifted his hips up and bent down again, this time seeking and finding the ring of muscle that would allow me entrance. I stroked it with my tongue and felt him relax and call my name--and I moved up, kissing his erection and his stomach and his nipples and then I thrust once, quickly, and was inside him.

He cried out, but not in pain, and I smiled into his eyes. "You've done this before."

He nodded and moved, just a little, and I was lost, murmuring his name over and over, like a prayer, as I rocked against him, one hand wrapped around his erection.

He shuddered and arched his back, his semen covering my hand and our stomachs, and I came a second afterwards, shaking until I almost collapsed. The heady feeling of release and pleasure was followed by a rush of relief and joy and--

Light and Dark, Wedge touched me when no one else would. The last of the Jedi, Vader's son, alone and wounded--and he gave me solace.

Light and Dark, I've fallen in love.

He shifted and I moved off of him, cuddling into the curve of his shoulder. He turned and kissed my hair. "Love you," he whispered, his breath warm against my skin.

I began to laugh, barely able to respond and tell him I loved him too. He held me close and ran his hands through my hair until I fell asleep.


Back to SWA-L Archive