E is for... Droid?
by Claire


NOTES: Hi guys, here's number 5 in the ABC series. Enjoy!


"Master Luke!"

"Not him," muttered Han, under his breath.

Offering his lover a sympathetic smile, Luke turned and waited for the two droids to catch up to them.

"Please tell me it isn’t true!" wailed C-3PO.

Quickly taking in the tone of the droid’s voice, Luke frowned. Reaching out, he placed a hand on Threepio’s cool metal body.

"Say you’re not leaving us behind!" Threepio continued.

"Threepio, I’m not sure what you’re talking about," admitted Luke. Understanding the protocol droid when he got worked up was always difficult.

"Various people have been telling us that you’re leaving," explained Threepio, "and that...rude piece of equipment said you’re going without us!"

"What rude piece of equipment?" Luke asked, barely able to keep the smile off his face at Han's snort.

"X5-P6," Threepio replied. "You *wouldn’t* leave us behind, would you, Master Luke?"

"Zzzp."

"Artoo! Behave!" C-3PO placed a hand on the smaller droid, quietening him down. "Don’t carry on so, or Master Luke *will* leave you behind. Each of us will be valuable additions to the Millennium Falcon’s crew, especially as I am fluent in over six million forms of communication."

Feeling Han squeeze his hand, Luke watched as his lover turned to the two droids.

"Goldenrod, if you don’t quit it we really *will* leave both of you!" snapped Han.

"I’m sure he was just..." Luke defended Threepio, his words trailing off as he realised what the other man had just implied.

"Just be on the Falcon when it leaves, we’re not waiting for you," Han said, as he started to pull Luke away. "Kid," sighed Han, when he realised Luke wasn’t moving, "it’s not as though you would have left them behind, is it?"

Luke grinned at his lover’s acquiescence, mentally promising to make it up to him that night.


Back to SWA-L Archive