Acceptance
by 'chelle


Category: still pretty much PWP
Disclaimer: The characters belong to George Lucas and Lucasfilm. I just borrowed 'em. For fun, not profit.
Pairing: Q/O
Rating: NC-17
Series: sequel to "And So It Begins" 2/?
Summary: Qui Gon and Obi Wan face themselves and each other, and, oh yeah, have sex.


Obi Wan entered the common room abruptly, looking around frantically. He was disshelved, looking like someone who had spent the night on the ground, which he had.

"Is something wrong, Obi Wan?" asked a nearby Master.

"Have you seen Master Qui Gon?" he asked. His breathing was labored from running all the way back from the forest and his voice was edged with fear.

"Obi Wan, I am here." came the familiar voice from behind him.

Obi Wan spun to face his Master, relief flooding across his face. "Where were you?" he demanded. Realizing his tone was not entirely appropriate for an apprentice addressing his master, he hastily added, "I couldn't feel you. I thought something might have happened." He looked down, his initial relief being replaced with mild embarrassment.

The other Master met Qui Gon's eyes over Obi Wan's head. "Since Master Qui Gon does not appear to be missing, I am needed at the practice ground." With that he walked away.

Qui Gon looked down at his young apprentice, his expression unreadable. His master's implacable gaze did nothing to ease Obi Wan's embarrassment. "I'm sorry," he stammered. "It's just...I've never not been able to sense you before."

"Last night you appeared to need some privacy. I was simply trying to oblige."

Obi Wan flushed. He thought of how he had stormed off, slamming up shields to shut his master out of his mind. "I behaved badly, I should never have spoken to you in that manner." His head still down, he lifted his eyes to look up at his Master, "Please forgive me."

Qui Gon smiled slightly. "I was hardly blameless, my Padawan," he said gently. Reaching up he removed a stray leaf from Obi Wan's hair. "Go clean up. Then meet me in my quarters. I'll prepare some breakfast for us."

"Yes, master." Obi Wan replied. He turned to go, thinking to himself that having to endure Qui Gon's cooking was certainly sufficient punishment for his behavior the previous evening.

I heard that. Qui Gon's voice said into his mind.

Obi Wan laughed and increased his pace.


Later, refreshed, Obi Wan entered his master's quarters. Most Jedi preferred spare quarters, with simple furnishings and few belongings, but his Master's quarters were bare even for a Jedi. A small kitchen lay to the right, with a private bath to the left, and a bedchamber at the back. The main room contained a small table with chairs near a large window, two more chairs near a fireplace, with a small table between them, a desk, and, the oddest thing in the room, a bookshelf.

Qui Gon was in the kitchen. It was a tiny space and he filled it. The kitchen's small size was often blamed for Qui Gon's culinary failures. He claimed that one could not properly prepare food if one could not move freely. Obi Wan had his doubts about the accuracy of this explanation. On one occasion he had pointed out to his master that the food he prepared over an open fire was equally bad, something which could hardly be blamed on a lack of space. His master had blandly replied that he could not be expected to cook well without the proper equipment. As he approached, Obi Wan noted with pleasure the absence of any of the sounds and smells of combustion that normally accompanied his master's culinary efforts.

Qui Gon glanced up. "Just fruit and bread. I didn't want to give you further reason to believe yourself a martyr."

Obi Wan winced, remembering the self-pity he had nearly wallowed in the night before. Reaching toward a nearby counter, he asked innocently "How could anyone be a martyr who lives in the shadow of your greatness, Master?" Grinning, he popped a berry into his mouth.

Qui Gon shook his head ruefully. He should have known better than to try to tease his apprentice. Obi Wan was inevitably the victor in such contests. Lifting some dishes, he headed toward the table. "Let's eat. I heard your stomach rumbling from the hallway." Picking up the remaining platters of fruit, Obi Wan followed his master.

They ate for several minutes in awkward silence. Finally, Qui Gon spoke.

"I owe you an apology Obi Wan." His usual calm missing, Qui Gon sounded tense, awkward. He took a deep breath before continuing. "I should have spoken with you about my feelings, instead of acting upon them so suddenly. I should have..."

Obi Wan reached across the table and entwined his fingers with those of his Master. "You did nothing wrong master. I am an adult. I was willing."

Qui Gon's eyes twinkled, "Yes, I remember." The twinkle faded as he recalled the events which had followed their lovemaking. "But you clearly felt differently afterwards."

"Do you remember when I was 3 or maybe 4 and I decided that if I stayed in your lap at all times you would not be able to leave me anymore?"

Puzzled by the apparent change of topic, Qui Gon nevertheless chuckled, "Vividly."

"I wanted you here because I felt safe with you."

"And yesterday I took that from you," Qui Gon said quietly, understanding. "I'm sorry, Obi Wan."

Obi Wan shook his head. "Don't be. I'm too old to need someone else to keep me safe."

There was more. Qui Gon sensed it. "That is not the only reason for your anger with me."

"I can't, Master. Can we drop it? It's too petty, too small."

Qui Gon just looked at him. That damn calm had returned. Sighing, Obi Wan relented. "I thought...I know better... It was just a momentary reaction." He met his master's expectant gaze. There was no getting around this. He looked back down at their still entwined fingers. "I thought perhaps the only reason you had taken me as your Padawan was because..."

"Because I desired you." Qui Gon finished for him.

He could not let this go unanswered. After taking a moment to gather his thoughts, Qui Gon resumed speaking. "You were an unusual child Obi Wan. Charming, funny, extremely bright. Even then you were good company. I was fond of you. The way adults are fond of children. When you agreed to become my padawan I was delighted. Teaching you would be challenging, but never dull. I was honored to be entrusted with the training of someone so promising."

Qui Gon paused and looked at his apprentice for a long moment before continuing. "I cared for you, and cared more for you with each passing year, but it was the caring of a teacher for a beloved student. Then one day I turned around and you weren't a child, or even an adolescent anymore. You were a man. And you were breathtakingly beautiful. And you made me laugh. And your presence could fill my mind and my senses like no one else I'd ever known."

This time it was Qui Gon's gaze which moved to their entwined fingers. Looking back at Obi Wan, his voice quavering ever so slightly, Qui Gon spoke, "If this is not what you want, it ends now. If you want a new Master, I'll arrange it."

Obi Wan rose and walked around the table. Very deliberately he placed a knee on either side of Qui Gon's thighs, kneeling over him. Looking intently at his master, studying his face from this unaccustomed direction, Obi Wan raised one of his hands. Lightly caressing his cheek, Obi Wan answered him. I want this. The kiss which followed left no doubt in Qui Gon's mind what "this" was.

Qui Gon reveled in the feel of his young apprentice in his arms. His hands ran slowly up the younger man's back, finally resting on the back of his neck. Reluctantly, he pulled away from the younger man's eager mouth. He gazed into Obi Wan's face, searching.

"Qui Gon?" Obi Wan asked quietly, confused by his master's sudden hesitation.

"Are you certain that you truly want this? That you are not doing this out of loyalty or a desire to please me?"

"Oh, I want to please you all right."

"I'm serious, Obi Wan."

"This is because of last night isn't it?"

"I won't take advantage of you again, Obi Wan."

"You did not take advantage of me." Obi Wan responded, a hint of exasperation in his voice. "As I mentioned earlier, I am an adult. I could have said no."

"Yes," Qui Gon acknowledged. "But you had not considered such a relationship between us until I forced the issue."

Sighing, Obi Wan leaned back, resting his weight on the edge of his master's knees. His master clearly needed more conversation. "You're right. I had not considered this before yesterday morning." His voice softened, "And I will admit that I was surprised by your feelings, but I was more surprised by my own." Looking vaguely uncomfortable, he continued. "As you know I am not entirely inexperienced."

"Umhmm," Qui Gon responded. Obi Wan had never lacked for partners since becoming sexually active three years before.

"What I felt with you was quite unlike anything I have ever known before." He paused. Saying these things, even to Qui Gon was not easy. "I never wanted to give myself to someone else before, to lose myself completely, open myself completely." Obi Wan forced himself to meet his master's gaze. "The experience was overwhelming, even a little frightening." Suddenly, he grinned, "Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to repeat it."

Qui Gon laughed. "You are irrepressible, and impudent."

"That's why you love me."

Qui Gon's face was again serious, "As a matter of fact I do."

Obi Wan grinned mischievously, "I know. Now if you've had your fill of conversation, there are some things I want to do, beginning with this." He brought his mouth back to Qui Gon's and kissed his master slowly. Purposefully holding back, he repeatedly slid his tongue into the other man's mouth, pulling back just before Qui Gon could stroke it with his own. Then he would withdraw it entirely, sucking sensously on Qui Gon's lips.

Qui Gon groaned. You are such a tease.

Another reason you love me.

Qui Gon responded by kissing Obi Wan forcefully. His lips and tonque were firm, demanding. Obi Wan responded eagerly, feeding his master's forcefulness, encouraging it. His master's erection throbbed beneath him and Obi Wan pressed himself against it unthinkingly.

Suddenly, Qui Gon stood, easily lifting Obi Wan. Obi Wan wrapped his legs around his master's waist, pressing more firmly against him. Qui Gon carried the younger man to his bed.

He laid Obi Wan on the bed, his legs slightly over the side. Bending over, he quickly removed Obi Wan's boots, then kicked off his own before joining him on the bed.

Obi Wan reached up with his hand and lightly touched Qui Gon's face, tracing his lips with his fingers. Slowly, he continued his explorations, the hand sliding down to Qui Gon's chest. "Let me touch you this time," he said softly.

Qui Gon took hold of the hand and raised it to his lips. He kissed the palm gently, tickling it with his beard. "I will."

"And undress me with your hands?"

Qui Gon chuckled. "Yes, if that is what you want my beautiful padawan."

"It is." Obi Wan replied seriously. "Being undressed by someone using the force is...disconcerting."

Qui Gon laughed harder. "Hands it is then." He reached for Obi Wan's belt, undoing it and opening up his tunic. He slid his hand along Obi Wan's rib cage. Then brought it across his chest, grazing a nipple. Obi Wan inhaled sharply at the contact and Qui Gon bent his head, seeking a nipple with his mouth.

Obi Wan stopped him with his hands, raising Qui Gon's head, he kissed him. You promised, he said, unfastening the other man's clothing. Opening Qui Gon's tunic he gently pushed the other man onto his back and straddled him. He leaned forward, his mouth moving along the side of Qui Gon's neck. Finding a sensitive spot, he took some the skin into his mouth, nibbling gently. Then he released it, now licking softly. Finally, he sucked, firmly and suddenly, enjoying his master's sudden intake of breath.

Obi Wan then moved his mouth slightly lower. Kissing lightly, he continued down Qui Gon's neck, rising when he reached the base, to gaze at his master's face. Lowering his gaze, he opened Qui Gon's tunic further. He slid his hands over his master's chest, repeatedly, avoiding the nipples, but coming closer each time. Obi Wan could clearly sense his master's arousal, part of him wanting those fingers on his nipples, the other part wanting the anticipation to continue. Lowering his head, Obi Wan took one of them into his mouth. He sucked gently, far softer than he knew Qui Gon wanted.

"Obi Wan," Qui Gon groaned, partially in frustration, partially in arousal.

There was no response from his Padawan, who continued his ministrations, sucking slightly harder. After a few more moments, he moved to the other side. This time he gave Qui Gon what he wanted. He sucked hard, pausing to flick the nipple with his tongue. Qui Gon's hands tangled in his hair and he arched his back, pushing his chest toward Obi Wan's mouth. At last Obi Wan released his master and moved to lie beside him, his mouth seeking Qui Gon's. They kissed wildly, almost frantically. Obi Wan's hand sought Qui Gon's erection, stroking it through his leggings. Qui Gon moaned into Obi Wan's mouth and began tugging at his clothing.

"What's wrong, master? Am I dressed inappropriately?" Obi Wan asked pulling back.

"Yes," he replied, voice laced with desire. Qui Gon also sat up and removed Obi Wan's tunic from his shoulders. Then he moved to the edge of the bed. Standing, he removed the younger man's leggings. He moved to rejoin him on the bed, but Obi Wan was sitting, tugging at his leggings. Smiling down at him, Qui Gon assisted Obi Wan in removing the last of his own clothing. Obi Wan rose, his hands moving up his master's torso.

"All the times I saw you naked and I never really saw you." Obi Wan said wonderingly.

Qui Gon took Obi Wan into his arms, relishing the feel of skin on skin. He bent his head, his mouth again seeking Obi Wan's. Obi Wan responded hungrily, his tongue moving rapidly in and out of Qui Gon's mouth. Again, Qui Gon lifted his apprentice, this time lying him fully on the bed.

Sliding onto the bed beside his padawan. Qui Gon ran his eyes over him, drinking him in. He ran his right hand over Obi Wan until he reached his cock. Qui Gon stroked slowly, savoring the mixture of pleasure and desire that was flowing from Obi Wan. Obi Wan's head was tilted back, his eyes closed, he was breathing rapidly, and his legs were slightly open. "So sensual, so open, and mine," Qui Gon thought. He lowered his mouth to the younger man's erection. He sucked it in, loving the feel of it, the taste, the way his apprentice smelled. Taking the base in his hand, he began moving his head slowly up and down.

"Qui Gon, Qui Gon" Obi Wan groaned and Qui Gon was not certain if the words had been said aloud or only into his mind. He didn't really care. All that mattered to him was the flesh in his mouth and using that mouth to pleasure his apprentice. Gradually, he picked up his pace, sucking a little bit harder, a little bit faster. Obi Wan's hands were entangled in his hair, and his hips thrust upward in time to Qui Gon's movements.

Obi Wan thrust hard. Moving deep into his master's mouth, he came. Qui Gon swallowed, tasting his young lover's juices for the first time. When Obi Wan's trembling subsided, Obi Wan released his cock and moved up alongside him.

Obi Wan kissed him, tasting himself on Qui Gon's lips. He tried to move lower, to do for his master what had been done to him.

"Not yet, my padawan," Qui Gon said stopping him. Raising Obi Wan's face with his fingers he resumed kissing him. Remembering the spot he had discovered on Obi Wan's neck the previous day, he moved his mouth there. Within seconds Obi Wan was hard again.

"I want you. I want you inside me." Obi Wan said, in a voice barely above a whisper.

Qui Gon held out a hand and a bottle of oil flew from a drawer to his hand. Opening it he poured some onto his hands and began stroking Obi Wan. The oil allowed his hands to move freely, and he used the lack of friction to full advantage. He stroked with just fingers, with both palms, with both hands enclosed around Obi Wan's cock. He ran his thumb along the underside, rubbing it back and forth just below the head.

Obi Wan surrendered himself to the sensations created by those hands. All thought ceased as one wave of pleasure followed rapidly after another. He panted, moaning for his master. He wanted Qui Gon, wanted him desperately. Sitting up he grabbed the oil and applied it liberally to his master's cock. Looking into Qui Gon's deep blue eyes, he said quietly, but with surprising firmness, "Now."

"Yes, my padawan, yes," Qui Gon rasped, returning Obi Wan to his back. He placed his cock at Obi Wan's entrance and pushed forward slowly.

Willing himself open, Obi Wan relaxed into his master. The feeling of indescribable pleasure from the day before returned.

Qui Gon's slow, gentle strokes were maddening. He longed to be pinned to the bed and fucked, hard. Then Qui Gon was in his mind wordlessly showing him how to relax, to open himself to the pleasure flowing through and between them, to let it come to him, rather than rush after it. Obi Wan moaned, beyond coherence. His whole being caught up with Qui Gon's, he came.

After what seemed an eternity, the pleasure subsided, leaving langurous warmth in its wake. Reaching up Obi Wan pulled Qui Gon onto him, snuggling into him, trying to rejoin him in that incredible melding. "I love you," he said softly.

"I know."


"Beyond sex is God."
-Marvin Gaye


Back to SWA-L Archive