-- Dear Journal 13 --
Decisions

by Patt Paulos-Darrow


May 28, 2000

Dear J:

Today Simon called us into his office to tell us that we have to be split up most of the time. He suggested that Megan be teamed with Jim since she knows a lot about the Sentinel business. I am trying not to totally freak out. Jim doesn't do the same, he is freaking big time. It takes Simon and me about 20 minutes to calm him down. Finally we tell him that we will still be working together and this might be for the best. I gave him one of my famous smiles and told him we would work things out. Not to worry. :(

There are some major crimes going on, I am telling you. Now I know why they call our department, Major Crimes. There is some sicko out there and we don't have much to go on so far. But we need to do something because he is killing young men right and left. We find out that they do have one thing in common. They are all gay. So, Simon decides that we should work together on this one. Well, isn't that convenient? Man, he pisses me off sometimes. That is for another story.

We went to the families and asked them questions and you can't believe how strange these people are. They act like their loved ones weren't gay. We tell them that we knew they were hanging out at this gay club and they denied that they were gay. They all say this. Like this is something to be ashamed of. Or that their life would take on less meaning if they were gay. How sad. So we start talking to people at the clubs, running down leads and then we decide to go in under cover. Did I mention, I hate to go under cover? I always end up getting hurt. :(

Well, and we are not going in as a couple, but as single guys. Rafe, Brown and Joel are going to be watching from the front and back. We do this three nights in a row. It is getting boring; fighting off these guys let me tell you. And every now and then I see Jim being all stoic and realized we were not getting into this right. I moved to the restroom and motioned for him to meet me in there. It was empty so I put my arms around him and hugged him like crazy. Then I had to tell him, we had to loosen up. I for one am going to dance the next time someone asks, so it looks like I am there for a reason. And I told him to do the same. And I might have mentioned that if he took the stick out of his ass, he could loosen up a little bit. I am evil, I know. :)

Well, I don't know about Jim, but I am having a blast. This dancing stuff is fun. I have never gone to the gay clubs since I met Jim and I had forgotten how much fun they were. They dance like every night is their last. (Now why did I have to go and say that)? I looked over once and Jim is slow dancing with this really good-looking guy and I have to tell you, it is hard remaining calm. :( And he seems to be really getting into it. I am going to teach him a lesson about that. :) Well, this guy asks me to dance and I said, sure, why not? He and I are dancing like crazy and he tells me he wants to take me home and I said, well, I have a place, if you want to go there. (Did I mention that we rented a place to take these guys, where Simon and Megan would be)? His eyes sparkled and he said, all right.

So off we go, I left Jim to do his thing in the undercover business. In the mean time, Joel and Rafe are watching this guy with me and ready if this guys happens to be the one. I don't feel like it is. But you never know. We get to the room and I start talking to him. I told him I was nervous and could we talk for a while first? He seemed okay with that. The next thing I knew he grabbed me, pulled a knife out and was about ready to cut my throat. But they don't call me fast-talking, fast moving and fast action, Sandburg for nothing. I was out of the hold in a heartbeat, and I got the knife out of his hand, and then took him down with no problems. I then took the cuffs I had hidden in the room and put them on him. In bursts Simon and he has a big smile on his face. He said, good job kid. You did a real good job. And you proved to me that you and Jim don't have to be with each other every second. Hey, this is kind of like one of those happy endings in a Disney movie, eh? Well, except for Jim, he is going to get it big time for enjoying that dance so much. I am only kidding. He did a good job. We both did. I love being a cop. And I think Jim likes me being one too.


June 28, 2000

Well, court went well, everything is going well. When I got back to MC, there was a big bouquet of flowers on my desk. I read the card and just melted.

*~*~*~*

Chief,

I have never been more proud of you in my life. You did a good job; you have proved you are indeed the better half of this team. How about dinner, dancing, movie and some entertainment?

I love you very much.

Jim

*~*~*~*

What can I say, I just melted? This man can turn me into Jell-O with one touch, or one little note. I can't wait to get home. Oh yeah, this man is going to rock my world. :)

Well, J, here is my poem. Not sure how I am feeling about poetry these days, I have too much on my mind. Like where Jim is going to fuck me senseless. :) Or when.


Next

Back to Patt's Stories Index