Go to notes and disclaimers


Stalled in Fargo
by Siberian Skys


The course of true love never did run smooth.
—from A Midsummer Night's Dream

xx

Krycek couldn't understand how he got himself into this vulnerable position, his legs spread wide and knees resting over Mulder's shoulders. Fucking was something he had intimate knowledge of, but this felt more like — He closed off the forbidden thought and let his lashes fall against his cheeks as he turned his face away from Mulder's searching gaze.

xx

Mulder looked up from the file he was studying and watched as his agitated companion paced in front of the picture window, the snow covered fields beyond obscured by the lacey pattern of frost building up on the inside of the single pane of glass. "If we can't get out, I don't think they're going anywhere."

"Jeb tvoju matj," Krycek snapped as he stalked by the couch where Mulder reclined and slammed the heavy wooden door closed behind him.

Mulder tossed the folder onto the cluttered coffee table and followed Krycek into the master bedroom of their latest hideout. He lingered just inside the doorway and watched as the ebony-haired man sat on the edge of the California King and rocked himself as he rubbed his shoulder.

"Get out," Krycek said without bothering to turn toward the interloper.

Mulder ignored the rebuff and flopped down next to the obviously suffering man. "Would it kill you to ask for help?"

"You want to help me, Mulder?" Krycek whispered dangerously.

Mulder ran his tongue between his lips and gave his head an almost unperceivable nod.

"On your knees," Krycek ordered.

Not liking where this was headed, but not sure he wanted to stop it either, Mulder rolled over onto his knees and elbows.

"You're way too easy," Krycek said giving Mulder's denim encased ass a hard smack before disappearing into the bathroom.

Mulder let out a puff of air and as he felt himself melt into the folds of the thick feather bed. Surreal was the only word he could think of to describe his current situation. Eleven weeks ago, he woke up in a hospital in Sioux City, Iowa to find Alex Krycek sitting in a chair next to his bed. It had been fifteen months to the day since he'd disappeared into the belly of a UFO. Life had gone on without him. The X-Files had been permanently shut down, Skinner had taken early retirement and Scully had given birth to a child whose origins even she refused to scrutinize too closely. Four months after his disappearance, she'd tendered her resignation and moved to San Diego, where she was currently working as a Medical Examiner. Krycek had spelled out Mulder's choices: go back to the FBI and sit behind a desk or roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty. The decision was a lot easier than he'd like to admit.

xx

Krycek stood under the steaming shower, letting the hot water pound on his throbbing left shoulder as he massaged what was left of his biceps. Leaning his head against the tile, he conjured up the image of Mulder offering up his body.

Mulder chewed on his lower lip as he examined Krycek through the clear glass. He knew his presence would only irritate the man further, but he couldn't fight the need to touch his warm, wet skin. He toed off his shoes and then pulled his well- worn Georgetown sweatshirt over his head.

"You can stop right there," Krycek said, tilting his head so he could see Mulder out of the corner of his eye.

Working leisurely at the button fly of his faded jeans, Mulder's pensive stare was interrupted by an evil grin. "What are you afraid of?" he challenged.

The word "you" almost tumbled out of Krycek's mouth, but he swallowed it and forced his eyes away from Mulder.

Stepping out of the jeans and boxers pooled at his feet, Mulder opened the shower door and embraced Krycek from the rear. "Don't you miss this?" he whispered.

"What I miss is not having you attached to my hip."

"My being here was your idea," Mulder said.

"My plan was to work together to stop colonization. I don't remember offering to be your fuck buddy as a fringe benefit."

"Is that what you think this is about?"

"I know what this is about. You're bored and horny and I'm the only game in town."

"There was a blizzard. It's five below, the snow's up to your knees, not to mention the three foot drift the snowplow left in the driveway. There isn't a damn thing we can do about the lab tonight."

"What do you want?" Krycek asked, turning so he could see Mulder's eyes.

"A snow day."

"A what?"

"A snow day, Alex. Come on, you weren't hatched. I want to play Trivial Pursuit, feed you S'mores by the fireplace and we can't leave this house with out breaking in that bed." Mulder said, exploring Krycek's body with trembling hands.

"You've got no idea what you do to me," Krycek groaned.

"The only thing I want to do to you is make you feel really, really good," Mulder said, leaning in for a kiss.

xx

Cold Irons Bound
By Bob Dylan

I'm beginnin' to hear voices and there's no one around
I'm all used up and the fields have turned brown
I went to church on Sunday as she passed by
And my love for her has taken such a long time to die
Well, I'm waist deep, waist deep in the mist
It's almost like, almost like, I don't exist
I'm twenty miles out of town, Cold Irons bound.

Well, the walls of pride are high and wide
Can't see over to the other side
It's such a sad thing to see beauty decay
It's sadder still to feel your heart turn away
One look at you and I'm out of control
Like the universe has swallowed me whole
I'm twenty miles out of town and Cold Irons bound.

There's too many people, too many to recall
I thought some of 'em were friends of mine, I was wrong about 'em all
Well, the road is rocky and the hillside mud
Up over my head, nothing but clouds of blood
I found my world, found my world in you
But your love just hasn't proved true
I'm twenty miles out of town and Cold Irons bound
Twenty miles out of town, Cold Irons bound.

Well the winds in Chicago have torn me to shreds
Reality has always had too many heads
Some things last longer than you think they will
Some kind of things you can never kill
Though it's you, and you only, I'm singin' about
But you can't see in and it's hard looking out
I'm twenty miles out of town and Cold Irons bound.

Well, the fat's in the fire and the water's in the tank
Well, the whiskey's in the jar and the money's in the bank
I tried to love and protect you because I care
I'm gonna remember forever the joy we've shared
Looking at you and I'm on my bended knee
You've no idea what you did to me
I'm twenty miles out of town and Cold Irons bound
Twenty miles out of town and Cold Irons bound.

Go to Snow Day

xx

SiberianSkys@aol.com

Title: Stalled in Fargo
Author: Siberian Skys
Rating: R
Classification: M/K slash
Spoilers: The series, but there are certain occurrences I choose to ignore.
Summary: Man plans, but Mother Nature has other ideas.
Archive: Yes, as long as you leave the header attached and I'd appreciate it if you would let me know where, so I can visit.
Disclaimers: No copyright infringement intended.
Notes: Written for the third M/K Lyric Wheel. Thanks to Ursula for the lyrics, Griva for the Russian and Tammy for all the support. And as always my thanks and gratitude go to my beta, X-Scribe, for her skill and patience.
Feedback: Is welcomed at SiberianSkys@aol.com

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]