Go to notes and disclaimers


Victim of the Game
by CKing

Part IV


Alex could feel Mulder's warm, firm body up against him. Normally, this would be welcome. Now, though, Mulder was trapping him in the dark, closet-like space that echoed with their ragged breathing.

Mulder stood between Alex and the door, the agent's hip against the small sink. The placement of the toilet forced Alex into an awkward position as he tried to stay on his feet. He braced his hands on the walls on either side, stubbornly refusing to retreat into the tiny shower stall in the back of the room.

They heard the voices just outside the trailer. Alex tensed at the sound of the outer door of the trailer being rattled. A pause, and the voices moved away. The two men stood quiet, waiting and listening.

Alex fought the feeling of the air compressing around him. Breathing was an effort. He trembled from a tangle of undefinable emotions: not really fear or anger—maybe a reaction to escaping one prison only to be trapped in another. He swallowed dryly, tried to slow his breathing.

Mulder heard the change in breathing. It didn't sound like a man out of breath from running or a fight. Alex was upset. At least, he was pretty certain it was Alex and not the alien. He'd sensed the difference after the fight. It was in Krycek's face in the parking lot and as they broke into the trailer, in the way the man moved. He'd seen that hard, dangerous edge back in the man's features. The alien's gentle curiosity was gone. Mulder wasn't sure how Alex had regained control, but he knew that the younger man had to be shaken.

"Are you all right, Alex?"

The soft question startled Alex and he sucked in a deep breath. Mulder. The reminder that the agent was here with him, that they were both relatively safe, helped push away the rising fear. His breathing slowed and returned to normal.

"It is Alex, isn't it?" Mulder asked quietly.

"Yeah. I'm back. Disappointed?"

"Are you all right?" The monotone voice gave nothing away.

Alex's jaw tightened at the evasion. He fought the urge to pursue the issue. He'd seen Mulder interact with the alien, almost friendly. But pushing Mulder, even to find out whose side he was on, never worked.

"I'm just ducky," the sarcastic tone was pure Krycek. "Especially considering I'm fighting off alcohol poisoning." He shook his head. "'Go ahead and drink, I won't let you get in trouble'? Jesus, Mulder!"

Mulder's rich laugh came out of the darkness to him. The sound was welcome, even if it was at his expense.

Alex shifted uncomfortably in the cramped space, forcing Mulder to move to accommodate him. They stood with less than an inch between their bodies. If Mulder stood against the door they should have more room. Not much, but a little. But the older man stood farther into the room. Alex wouldn't complain. It felt good to feel the other man's solid presence.

The trailer jerked into motion, jarring them. The vehicle rocked slowly as they pulled out of the gas station. After a few minutes they picked up speed and were soon moving smoothly. Both men relaxed, adjusting to the rocking movement.

"We just need to give them time to get on the highway." Mulder's calming voice came out of the dark.

Alex nodded, then realized Mulder couldn't see him. "Great." A few minutes in the dark wasn't beyond him.

A sudden jerk as the trailer went over a bump in the road threw him against Mulder, forcing the agent against the door with a muffled grunt. Alex braced his hands on either side of Mulder's shoulders, leaning into the agent. Mulder's arms automatically went around Alex's waist. Both stood still, regaining their balance.

Alex stifled a moan as his body responded to the solid warmth against him. What the hell, why not? He'd seen how Mulder responded to the alien using his body. It was worth the risk. He considered moving them out into the main cabin. Getting out of the cramped space. But making Mulder move would be a mistake. Here, the darkness gave an illusion of safety, of anonymity. There were no distractions, and no-one else around. He could put up with the dark and a tight space for a chance with Mulder.

Alex brought his left hand inward until it rested against the side of Mulder's face. Finding his landmark, he bent his head forward and gently feathered his lips against Mulder's, barely there, almost chaste, asking permission.

Mulder tightened at the gentle kiss. His fists clenched automatically at the soft touch. Alex was his enemy, he had betrayed Mulder over and over... and had also risked everything to save his life. The alien had said Alex had feelings for him. Had to help him. Krycek wouldn't hurt him. Mulder's body relaxed. His fists opened.

Alex smiled in pleasure as Mulder accepted the touch, as his lips reluctantly parted. Alex deepened the kiss, keeping it gentle, moving his hand to cradle Mulder's face, his fingers splayed out over the smooth planes. His tongue traced Mulder's lips before returning to explore the recesses of his mouth.

Alex felt a lurch inside as he relished the sweet confirmation of life he found in Mulder's mouth. He'd come so close to losing not only himself but worse, losing Mulder. Alex needed this taste, this one moment when he could push all the ugliness of his life aside and feel alive.

He barely realized Mulder's slow participation until soft lips mirrored his own lightly, parting more with each sampling. Until at last, their mouths were wide open, barely touching at times, but ever tempting and tasting.

Mulder pressed his mouth to Alex's and deepened the kiss. Surprised, but delighted, Alex opened to him, letting Mulder have his mouth. Mulder's lips were warm and moist, his tongue a welcome interloper. Alex surged with the kiss, surrendering to its lure, feeling lazy and lavish and light. There was too much tangled up in that kiss for him to sort it out, so he didn't try. In a rare instance in his life, he simply closed his eyes and enjoyed the feelings. And the darkness—the darkness seemed to heighten every sensation.

Alex's left hand drifted down the side of Mulder's face to lightly caress the smooth neck a moment before continuing to the front of his shirt. His right hand came up to join in the exploration, and he deftly pulled Mulder's shirt open. Alex slid his hands inside the soft material to the solid chest.

His touch started whisper-light and tantalizing. His finger breathed over the sensitive skin sending fire through Mulder's groin. His nipples firming instantly at Alex's touch. Slowly Alex's hands drew teasing circles around the aureoles of his nipples, deliberately not seeking the aching, throbbing centers. Mulder moaned and arched his back, demanding more.

Alex pressed the pads of his thumbs against the taut peaks eliciting another sigh as Mulder relished the sensual pressure. Then Alex raised Mulder's pleasure to a higher level by squeezing the tight little buds between his thumbs and forefingers with exquisite care. He absorbed Mulder's moan of desire into his own mouth eagerly.

Mulder tightened his arms around Alex's waist, hauling him against his body with a fierceness that surprised the younger man. Alex groaned as Mulder's hands moved to grip his hips and brought him tight against his hard front.

Alex pulled his mouth away for a split second, and Mulder growled a protest. Alex kissed him at the pulsing hollow at the base of his throat, lingered a moment, and moved upward to the line of his jaw before toying with an earlobe. He nipped the lobe gently, making Mulder shiver, then worked his way back down the side of his neck.

Alex moved his mouth to the pulse point of Mulder's neck, pausing to bathe the skin with his tongue. His tongue moved in counterpoint to the strong pulse beat, increasing the wild tempo before moving on. He traced a leisurely path down Mulder's body, lingering over his nipples before licking his way down again. Alex's mouth followed the faint line of downy hair that bisected Mulder's flat abdomen. He began placing hot, open mouth kisses against the quivering belly as his hands moved to the front of Mulder's jeans eliciting an animal sound of need from the agent.

Alex wouldn't hurry. He couldn't. There was no telling how Mulder would feel tomorrow. No guarantee Alex would even have his own body after tonight. If he'd ever be able to touch another human again. This night might have to last him forever.

Eyes closed, he savored Mulder's smell, breathing deeply, losing himself. This sensual delirium was heaven. Alex actually welcomed the utter blackness of the room. There was no sight here, the sound of heavy breathing the only sound, everything was touch, delicious sensation. The sense of touch, taste, smell that he had been desperate for, and he was losing himself in it, mindless of his fierce grip on Mulder's body and of the soft sounds of satisfaction that escaped his own throat.

He pulled back from the intoxicating body when he couldn't wait any longer. Ignoring the small noise of distress from his lover, Alex knelt before him. His hands fumbled as he opened Mulder's jeans, as he strained to control his own desire and not rip the zipper apart.

He slid a hand into the opening, seeking the heat there. His fingers tangled in a coarse thatch of hair, feeling beneath it a softness, a hardness, a throbbing. He slid the underpants and jeans down, stroking the muscles of Mulder's thighs as he did.

He could feel Mulder trembling with the effort of holding still. Alex stroked him in airy strokes of silk, measuring his length, exploring the hot flesh. A tiny sound came from Mulder's throat as he bucked forward, urging Alex into a tighter, more erotic grasp.

Alex ran his fingers over the thick shaft and sensitive underside before leaning his face in closer. He opened his mouth and let warm breath brush over the head of Mulder's cock like dandelion fluff. Mulder convulsed helplessly, biting back a moan as he arched forward. Alex's hand closed firmly over his hip, holding him back.

Alex spoke for the first time. "Mulder, what do you want?" he whispered. He needed Mulder to hear his voice. To be sure that Mulder was aware of who he was with, no hiding in the dark.

"God, Alex!" Mulder's voice was as taut as a wire, as frustrated as if he'd been bound by one with no hope of escape.

It was enough answer for Alex. He delicately licked the end of Mulder's cock with just the tip of his tongue quickly, almost too fast for Mulder to feel. He grinned at the groan that brought from the frustrated agent.

If Alex's own body cried out for release-which it did vociferously-he had only to think of tomorrow night and the night after that, and he was in control once again. This night he'd remember, every tiny, tormentingly beautiful moment of it. Now he wished for light. For the chance to see the beautiful man above him, desperate, wanting him.

Mulder brought his hand to Alex's face. His long fingers explored the carved features, drifted over his eyes momentarily, then down to trace the fine sensual shape of his lips. Catching Mulder's fingers, Alex drew them to his lips, taking one after another into his mouth, sucking gently on each. Rather than a gesture of studied seduction, it was one of need, a need that he knew Mulder was more than willing to meet. Mulder pulled his hands away from the hot mouth and gently bracketed Alex's head with them.

Alex finally took Mulder's cock into his mouth. He chuckled low in his throat as Mulder cried out in relief. The vibrations in his throat dragged a long groan from the agent. Deciding the older man wasn't going to hold out much longer, Alex began working on the rigid shaft. His tongue danced over the head and the sensitive area just below its flare, gently and sensuously. Each stroke over his flesh grew more intimate, more prolonged until Mulder was so close to coming that Alex could feel the energy radiating from his body.

The air was nearly vibrating with the energy when Mulder's back arched. Time suspended for a long, pulsing moment before finally exploding into a series of rapturous spasms that left Mulder gasping for air, crying out Alex's name. Mulder's hands clutched at Alex's shoulders, seeking an anchor, something to keep him on earth.

As Mulder's shuddering eased, Alex sat back, reluctantly letting the spent penis slide from his mouth. He straightened and leaned into Mulder's sweat covered body. His mouth closed over Mulder's. His lips were hard and searching, almost brutal as he forced his tongue inside. The kiss was urgent and hot, full of need, and he could feel Mulder responding to that need. Alex felt his own control slipping away, then breaking up completely, but he didn't care. Control didn't matter; nothing mattered but this burning, sensuous force that consumed him. The slow smoldering gave way to sizzling, the sense of imminent explosion, this undercurrent of suspense that seemed to surge from Mulder's body to his and back.

Their hunger was mutual and explosive. Greedy lips slanted and grasped. Heated breath mingled, producing urgent moans. All the while frantic hands clutched shoulders, backs, hips, in avaricious re-acquaintance. The vibrant caresses provided Alex only brief solace. Aroused to a state of near oblivion, he strained against Mulder. Mulder's hands slid between their bodies. He fumbled Alex's jeans open, releasing the painful erection from its prison. He stroked the rigid shaft slowly, exploring it. Alex could feel Mulder smile against his mouth in pleasure at the heft and rigidity of the hot flesh in his hand. Alex gave a tormented groan and leaned against him harder.

Mulder's mouth moved to Alex's neck, seared across the elegant curves. Alex sucked in the cool air of the room, his breathing uneven as the warm mouth moved over him. When the empty air made Alex miss the feel of Mulder's mouth on his he dipped his head to nip at the exposed flesh of the agent's neck and shoulder.

Mulder began stroking Alex's shaft roughly. He tightened his fist around the rigid shaft almost to the point of pain. Alex welcomed the force. He needed it, if for no other reason than to assure himself he wasn't dreaming. He craved it, rose to meet it, found the fireball inside himself growing, consuming him, bursting. Mulder's name flowed from Alex in a deep breath, carrying a bit of the younger man's soul along with it.

It was a long time before either spoke, before either could catch his breath to produce so much as a whimper. Mulder pressed his lips to the soft flesh of Alex's neck, left them there while he inhaled shakily. Alex settled his head back in the crook of Mulder's shoulder and neck, his arms tightly around the older man. Mulder's hands ran under Alex's shirt and over his back soothingly.

His arms around Mulder's waist, their cheeks touching, Alex spoke with his lips against Mulder's skin. "Let's get out of here."

Mulder nodded and shifted so they weren't up against the door. They readjusted their clothes silently. Without turning, Mulder reached back to turn the door knob. Cool air rushed into the cramped space and helped clear their heads. Alex followed him out into the trailer's living space. The dizzying lights of cars passed through the windows into the dark trailer. The two men made their way to the bunk beds at the rear of the trailer.

Mulder turned toward Alex, his mouth opening. Before he could say anything, Alex stepped around him and sat on the floor with his back to the lower bunk. He wrapped his arms around his raised knees and rested his head on them with a deep sigh.

"We need to talk," Mulder told him quietly.

"No. We don't." The flat monotone was muffled by Alex's face resting on his arms. It seemed wrong to try and analyze what had happened, just as it would be a travesty to apologize for it. It was one bright moment, over now but leaving in its wake a vibrant memory. Alex did not want to talk about it.

"Alex, we need to talk about this thing between us." Alex sighed at the beginning annoyance he heard in Mulder's voice.

Mulder took a deep breath. "Alexei told me about what you did. I know..."

"You know nothing!" Krycek's snarl took Mulder by surprise. Alex sat up straighter. "I know what it told you. You have no idea what I did, Mulder."

Mulder braced his hand against the wall and stared down at him, accepting the anger silently. He adjusted to the trailer's rocking with unconscious grace.

Alex forced his face to smooth. The implacable mask returning. "I couldn't let you die, Mulder. I need you. I can't do this without your help. That's all."

Krycek turned his face from Mulder's stare. "This tonight... I just wanted human contact. I needed to feel human. To feel anything. Just for awhile."

Mulder's voice was soft. "It was more than that, Alex."

Alex's head snapped back around toward him. "Turning into the psychologist on me, Mulder?" He grinned without humor. "Going to tell me what I really meant by blowing you till you screamed?" He turned his face to look out a side window at the passing car lights. "It was just sex, Mulder."

"I don't believe you."

Krycek snorted. "There's a surprise." He looked at the agent from the corners of his eyes. His voice softly mocking. "You calling me a liar, Mulder?"

Mulder crouched down in front of the younger man, putting his hand on the edge of the lower bed for balance. "Alex," He paused, took a deep breath. "Alex, I am on your side. I want to help you."

Alex looked at him doubtfully. Mulder shifted, loosening the tightness in his shoulders. "There's something between us, Alex. I think we need to work it out."

Alex shook his head. "Mulder, I'm tired. I've only had two hours sleep. My little parasite woke me up when it got hungry. Then the two of you decided to play games in that bar," he threw the agent a dirty look before continuing. "Between what they did in that lab," he swallowed dryly even mentioning it. "Healing you, and the damned alcohol-" Mulder grinned at the sharp look Alex gave him. "Not to mention a bar fight, and running for my life..."

"Not to mention having hot sex in the bathroom just so you could make me scream," Mulder offered helpfully.

Alex sighed in exasperation. "I'm tired, Mulder. I need to sleep."

Mulder studied him quietly. Had it really been only this afternoon when Alex had been in that lab fighting for his life? When he had risked everything to save Mulder from that sniper's bullet? It seemed longer. He looked at his watch, pushing it to get the soft blue glow. Actually, it was yesterday, since it was now after midnight. They'd been on the move almost constantly since getting up yesterday morning. Mulder shifted his position, fatigue creeping up on him on little cat feet.

"I'll keep watch."

Alex looked over at the quiet offer. His head inclined slightly, and he pulled himself up and onto the lower bunk. Alex sprawled on his back, his arm resting over his eyes.

"Wake me up if we start to slow down."

Just like that, Alex was willing to leave their safety to him. Mulder shook his head and let himself sink down onto the floor, leaning against the edge of the bed. He speared both hands back through his hair as he dragged in a deep, cleansing breath. Arguing with Alex wouldn't do any good. It would be like shadowboxing—all effort and no satisfaction.

Mulder yawned and stretched his arms over his head before settling back down. He hadn't had any more sleep than Alex, and it had been a busy day. He should have been tired. Paradoxically, all his senses seemed to be alert yet sated at the same time. Mulder sat beside the bed, going over all the problems facing them. He struggled to make sense of the things he'd learned. After awhile he found his mind drifting through the maze of emotions having sex with Alex Krycek had resurrected.

As the highway spun out beneath them, Mulder's mind wrestled with the conflicting facets of the man beside him and with the strange situations Alex seemed to always be getting him into. Again, and again, he poked and examined every word, every smile, every touch, all the times they had been together. Alex Krycek lived in a different world than he did, and yet, he touched something in Mulder as no-one else ever had.

This is wrong, wrong, wrong, his inner censor scolded him. But his body wasn't listening. It begged instead to feel Alex against him again. Under him. He tried to remind it of all the betrayals, all the reasons he couldn't trust him. He told himself that Alex Krycek was a man who wouldn't know a scruple if it bit him on his handsome butt. But his body and his heart refused to listen.

He looked over to see Alex was sound asleep, his arm having fallen to the side. Mulder laid the arm back onto the bed and stared at his companion. He lightly traced one finger over the delicate facial features of the sleeping man. You are going to break my heart, Alex. And there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

They had less trouble than they expected getting out of the trailer unseen. Two hours after leaving the gas station they pulled into a truck stop and both occupants of the truck headed for the rest rooms. Mulder and Krycek slipped out of the trailer and went toward the building.

A small grassy park sat just off to one side of the building with covered picnic table areas. There was a pair of young men leaning against one of the tables talking quietly. Alex studied them suspiciously. Both men appeared to be in their early twenties. Both wore tight, faded denim jeans and tee-shirts. As the red haired man turned, Alex saw the cartoon character on his shirt. It looked like one of the gray aliens, only it was wearing a baseball cap backwards on its head, its skinny butt covered in baggy jeans and affecting a tough guy stance. The second man was taller and had long black hair hanging down onto his shoulders. He wore a dark shirt bearing the Greek symbols fraternities used to identify themselves.

As Alex watched, the red head threw his head back and laughed in delight at something his friend said. The laugh was clear and honest, making the corner of Alex's mouth quirk up in response.

The sound of the two men's voices carried to them easily. The dark haired young man put his hands on his hips and glared at his friend. "Stop it," he commanded, "I'm trying to extricate myself gracefully."

His companion continued to chuckle. "Sounds painful."

"You don't know the half of it. And you're not making it any easier." Laughter threatened in his own tone.

The red head leaned forward and gently kissed the taller man, wrapping his arms around him. "Sorry," he said as they broke apart. His face and tone said that he was utterly unrepentant. His dark haired friend sighed and pressed into him. Both men leaned back harder against the picnic table, wrapped up in each other. Neither paid any attention to Mulder or Alex.

Alex saw Mulder look at and dismiss the two, walking on without pause. Given Mulder's paranoia, and his own gut feeling, Alex relaxed his guard. The type of men that might be after them weren't this devious. They wouldn't act like lovers just to gain a few seconds surprise. The two men hadn't even looked at Mulder in his tight jeans. Since they were obviously gay, this told Alex the men were either blind, or they had to be in love with each other.

The lower level of the two story building held a booth of travel information, a bank of phones, vending machines, an ATM bank machine and the restrooms. A concrete staircase led up to the upper level. A sign by the staircase stated that the restaurant upstairs was open twenty-four hours for their convenience.

Alex followed Mulder into the restaurant. This late at night, there were only two other couples sitting at tables. Mulder slumped into a corner booth, settling against the cheap vinyl seat. Alex stood beside the table. "Mulder, I'm going to recycle this alcohol and call Jaak. Order me a double breakfast platter, okay?" Mulder nodded, his head resting against the paneling behind him.

Alex went downstairs to use the facilities and make his phone call. From the phones Alex could easily watch the parking lot and picnic tables through the glass walls. Standing in the bright light surrounded by glass had his nerves tense. He twisted his back against the phones and kept scanning the area carefully.

Alex grinned slightly at the low, sleepy voice that answered on the third ring. Looking at his watch, he decided that Bailey couldn't have been in bed more than an hour or so.

"Bailey, I remembered that Pennsylvania has a working phone system."

"Oh, bully for you, Alex. Have you mastered telling time yet?"

"Bailey! You're surly in bed."

"Oh, Alex, I am many things in bed, surly is not one of them." He heard the faint click of a light switching on. "Jaak called earlier. What happened Alex?"

"It's a long story. We had to leave in a hurry. Could you get in contact with Jaak?"

"Of course. What do you need Alex?"

"We need a ride, and Jaak has some gear we need. We also need a place to hide for awhile."

"I think we can arrange something, Alex. Where are you?"

Alex read off the location to her from a map of the area that covered the wall behind the information booth. As they talked he continued to scan the lobby and the parking lot. He idly watched the two lovers outside as they sat on the picnic table kissing and enjoying the mild night air. The dark haired young man still fussing over his friend a little.

Alex was gratified when Bailey refused offer of compensation for her help as unnecessary. She and Jaak would help because they wanted to. Bailey was going to let him and Mulder stay at one of her safe houses, an option very few were allowed. She had a cabin not too far away that she'd recently acquired. No-one had used it yet and she assured him nobody could track him there. Jaak would give Spectre money to get home and Alex could repay him later.

Warmth went through Alex as she talked to him. Jaak had already risked his life for Alex without comment and Bailey was willing to give him anything he needed. In his line of business, and hers for that matter, being able to count on someone, trust them, was a rarity to be treasured. You learned quickly that everyone was an enemy and a liar, with very rare exceptions. Bailey and Jaak were just those exceptions for Alex, as he was for them.

Bailey was telling him that it would take Jaak several hours to get what was needed and to pick them up when Alex noticed a pair of rough looking men on heavy motorcycles park near the picnic tables.

The bikers noticed the two young men at the table. The glare they sent towards the pair was malevolent, full of homophobic hate. The young lovers at the table were too wrapped up in each other to notice the bikers climbing off their machines and heading toward them. The bikers wore denim and leather, heavy tattoos covering their bare arms, their feet covered in heavy black leather boots. Alex would bet that those boots were steel-toed, all the better to kick the shit out of someone. One of the bikers had an ugly swastika tattooed on the side of his shaved skull.

"Hold off, Bailey," Alex interrupted her. "We can't wait that long. Tell Jaak to bring everything and meet us at the safe house instead."

"Are you sure, Alex?"

The bikers were walking toward the harmless college men. Alex felt anger surge through him, his voice dropped to a low growl. "Yeah, I think we have transportation. Give me directions."

Alex's fist tightened on the phone as he watched the two bikers start harassing the harmless couple. Part of him automatically memorized the directions Bailey gave him as a darker part studied the biker's movements for weaknesses.

"Uh huh, thanks Bailey," he murmured into the phone, missing her last sentence, something about meeting him. "I'll call you later." He hung up without giving her a chance to reply.

Alex took a quick look at the top of the stairs, then back out at the struggle going on outside. No sign of Mulder. The agent wouldn't be able to see from where he was in the restaurant. Alex stared back outside.

"All right parasite," Alex kept it a soft whisper, knowing the alien would hear. "Front and center."

Yes? He could sense Alexei suddenly paying attention, as if the alien had been distracted.

"What are you up to?"

Alexei sent him a mental image of the alien kicked back in a recliner in a dark room, a bowl of popcorn in his lap, a large movie screen on the wall in front of him showing what looked like home movies. Alex recognized a close up of his mother's face on the screen. She was looking into the "camera" and making silly faces, her mouth moving in a way that hinted she was talking to a small child.

Alex shook his head, clearing the image. "Stop that!" Silent laughter came to him. Great. Why did he have to get stuck with the only alien on the planet with a sense of humor?

"Pay attention! You want to prove we can work together?"

I would like that.

"Can you control that virus of yours? Keep it from getting out to hurt people?"

Yes, if I know ahead of time, and if the damage isn't too bad. Not if we're shot. Why?

"I need you to put me in combat mode. Hype my reflexes, give me a little added strength. I can't afford to have your virus kill anyone if they cut me. That would bring the hounds down on us in droves."

Why... Oh, wait, what are those men doing out there? Alex! Why are they hurting those other men?

The two young men were on the ground, bloody and trying to get away as the bikers continued to taunt and kick at them. Alex saw the red haired college man try to pull a biker off his friend, only to be grabbed from behind by the other biker. Alex started forward.

"I don't have time for this, just do it!" he hissed.

A rush of adrenaline and endorphins flooded him so suddenly he staggered. His perceptions obtained an astonishing clarity, all his senses heightened. The blood coursed rapidly through his veins. He straightened, regaining his balance, and almost ran out the front door. His face was a cold mask as he ran to close with the bikers before they seriously hurt the men on the ground.

Mulder sat his coffee down impatiently. What the hell was keeping Krycek? Mulder had fallen into a light doze, interrupted when the waitress finally decided to wake him. Bored, she tried to engage him in conversation, introducing herself as Barbie.

She sat down next to him, pinning him between herself and the wall. He almost gagged at the heavy perfume she wore. Up close, he could see the dark roots of her bleached ash-blonde hair. She had a irritating, nasal voice, a Bronx accent, and overly high confidence in her desirability. Mulder tried to politely get rid of her but the hints just bounced off the shield of her stupidity. She proceeded to regal him with stories of the interesting people she'd seen in the course of working the restaurant for three years. He was finally freed when three truckers across the room called her over.

Mulder had eaten as Barbie talked. He frowned as he realized how long Alex had been gone. Mulder threw bills on the table and got up to find his wayward companion. As he started down the stairs he saw Alex coming through the front doors carrying a pair of leather jackets.

Alex smiled as he looked up and saw Mulder standing on the stairs. As he approached Alex held up the leather jackets in one arm and a set of keys in the other hand. A self satisfied smile tipped the corners of his mouth. "Let's saddle up, Mulder."

Mulder frowned. "What are you talking about, Krycek?"

"I persuaded a biker to sell us his hog. Let's go."

Mulder's eyes narrowed. "Persuaded?"

Alex's eyes glittered at him as he leaned toward him, his voice low and throaty. "Yeah, persuaded."

Mulder's eyes darkened as he held his gaze, possibilities racing through his mind. He glanced out the front windows and could just make out the two young men from the picnic table running to their car and scrambling into it.

Alex saw Mulder's face starting to tighten in anger and looked over his shoulder. "Guess their break is over."

"Alex..." Mulder's voice lowered ominously.

"The biker's fine, Mulder. His buddy will give him a ride. They're in the restroom. I had money on me. The guy can buy a new bike when he gets to town."

Mulder's face relaxed slightly, not entirely convinced. "I doubt you had that kind of money on you."

Alex's face tightened in frustration. "I got it at a bargain price. I'm a hell of a negotiator, Mulder."

He turned up his smile a notch. "Come on, Bailey has a place we can crash in for awhile." Alex indicated the door with his head. "We need to get going."

Not entirely convinced, Mulder followed Alex outside. As they approached the parking lot Mulder idly noted the grass around the picnic table was crushed and had ragged gouges in it. Mulder dismissed the dark wet area he saw on the table as a spilled drink.

Krycek led him to a massive-looking machine of black and chrome with a faded Harley Davidson symbol on the gas tank. The bike had obviously seen hard use, but still appeared to be in good condition. Alex threw one jacket to Mulder and slipped into the other.

Mulder stared at the worn, heavy saddle bags and pack on the bike. "Krycek..."

Alex sighed and looked at him from under lowered brows. "I gave him an unsigned bank debit card with the access code. I ran it through the machine inside and confirmed the cash in the account, Mulder. It was more than this thing cost new. I over-heard the guy complaining that he needed the money to his pal, I just had to convince him I was legit. I spun a tale of how I got stranded out here and I had to have a ride right now. He agreed, and when he hits the bank tomorrow he'll have more money than he probably earns in two years."

The deception came easy to Krycek. He had a lot of experience, and it was automatic now... a reflex like breathing. They both kept him alive. Sometimes he surprised even himself with his ability to effortlessly create a lie, in perfect context, consistent with a whole world of other lies.

Mulder stared into the inscrutable green eyes, trying without success to detect the lie. Giving up, he slipped into the over-large leather jacket. His arms barely in the jacket, Mulder fumbled but caught the glossy black helmet that Alex tossed him. He frowned as Alex swung one long leg over to straddle the big machine.

"Put it on, Mulder. I don't want to see if my parasite can put your brains back in that thick skull of yours or not." Alex pulled a pair of goggles off the handle of the bike and slipped them over his eyes before shifting the bike off its stand. He kick-started the engine and the bike roared into life, vibrating like something alive.

Jacket and helmet adjusted to his satisfaction, Mulder slid onto the bike behind Krycek. He slipped his fingers between their bodies and located the leather strap on the seat. His knuckles dug into the pockets of Alex's jeans. An amused Krycek waited patiently as Mulder tried to situate himself on the bike without holding onto Krycek's body.

"Ready?" Alex called out.

"Yes," Mulder yelled to make himself heard over the rumbling engine.

The bike lurched forward like a lion that spotted its prey, and Mulder was thrown back against the seat rest. His hands tightened around the leather strap, hanging on for dear life. Alex took the curves leading from the truck stop at a breakneck speed that forced the bike to lean dangerously to one side. Mulder automatically leaned to the other.

"Don't do that," Alex shouted back. "You'll throw us off balance. Move with me, lean into the curves."

Mulder felt a flash of annoyance, but he scooted closer to Alex and tried not to struggle against the next curve as they moved into miles of road construction.

They threaded their way along the outskirts of Philadelphia, a thin mist of rain now falling as they scooted among the semis making their late night runs. As they maneuvered through the huge trucks, Mulder gave up his grip on the relatively thin seat strap and wrapped his arms around Alex's waist. After an initial stiffness, Mulder adjusted quickly. He fell into the rhythm of the bike—his body flowing easily with Alex's as they took to the road.

"All right!" Alex called out. "You've got the hang of it."

Mulder's fists tightened in the leather of Alex's jacket. He didn't try to make himself heard over the wind.

The piercing wail of a siren caused all the traffic to pull over to the side, trying to leave room for the ambulance to pass them through the construction barricades. Alex pulled the bike in between two of the bright yellow drums. The shrieking siren drowned out all other sound, made conversation impossible. Alex was turned slightly on the seat, his profile to Mulder.

In the misty rain the revolving emergency beacon seemed to have a preternatural substance: it splashed like blood across the road, washed over the two men on the bike, and briefly transformed Alex's face into a mask that might have been that of any bloodied victim. The goggles made Alex's eyes look wide but sightless and darkened by a glimpse of Death's own cold face. Mulder shuddered and wrapped his arms tighter around Alex's waist. Alex looked back over his shoulder in question. Mulder just shook his head. With a shrug, Alex started the bike forward again.

They emerged on the south side of the city and then the highway stretched out, wide and mostly empty in front of them. The rain stopped as quickly as it began. The Harley was a good one. It purred smoothly, hugging the road, bringing the sense of exhilaration that came with freedom and speed. By then, Mulder rode like a pro, like he'd been sitting behind a man in leather, on the back of a Harley, all his life. No problem on his part.

Alex was the one with the problem. It had nothing to do with Mulder's ability to go with the motion of the bike, and everything to do with the way Mulder's thighs felt pressed against his, and the feel of Mulder's arms around his waist, hugging him. He restrained himself and kept their speed just slightly over the speed limit. Getting stopped for speeding was not an option. He'd have Mulder in a safe place soon enough.

After an hour they left the highway for a side street. They left that road after a half hour and went up a long, private drive. Stones popped under the tires and trees flashed silver in the glare of their headlight. Mulder's head throbbed from fatigue, his eyes were raw as if sand had been thrown into them and his butt was sore from the bike's vibration. All in all, he wanted to cheer when he saw the two story building standing in the clearing ahead.

The Harley growled its way up the drive, its headlight illuminating a white Toyota parked to the side of the drive. A porch light cast a warm golden light in a small circle across the grass.

As the bike came to a stop the front door to the cabin opened. A tiny figure tottered out the door to meet them. Mulder felt Alex relax as he saw the figure. Alex called out something in a language that Mulder vaguely recognized as Japanese.

The tiny woman, dressed in leggings and an oversized sweat shirt, approached gabbling rapidly in a high, shrill voice. Alex laughed. "Slowly, Mariko-san, slowly, I'm rusty." He put the kickstand down as he shut off the engine.

Alex's greeting loosed another spate of staccato syllables. The gray haired lady stood by the bike apparently scolding Alex, albeit without any real anger. Alex took the dressing down with good grace, nodding and agreeing with the small woman. He threw a leg over the bike and dismounted, talking to her slowly, hesitating as he tried to translate the long unused language.

As the two talked, Mulder removed his helmet and climbed stiffly off the bike. He stretched luxuriously, releasing kinks he hadn't even been aware of. He took a deep breath and caught a whiff of the lovely forest fragrance-damp earth, fresh water, the soft rot under logs. Other than the two people talking softly in front of him, it was quiet. No traffic noises, just the soft patter of rain falling from the leaves of the trees.

Mulder saw Alex gesturing toward him and stepped forward. He heard his name and the tiny Japanese lady smiled at him. Her head bobbed energetically as she took Mulder's hand between her tiny hands and pumped it.

"Say hello," Alex whispered to him.

"Ohayo," Proudly, Mulder produced one of the gems of his very limited Japanese vocabulary.

"A lovely state," Krycek muttered from behind him.

Mulder turned to glare over his shoulder at Alex, and was surprised as always by the brilliance of the smile Alex gave him. A squeeze on his hand turned him back around to face the smiling elderly woman.

Mulder regretted his polite attempt to greet her in Japanese as the woman continued to hold his hand while rattling off a string of incomprehensible syllables, smiling broadly.

Mulder shot Alex a pleading look. Alex shrugged.

"I'm sorry," Mulder said gently when the older lady paused expectantly. "I don't understand Japanese."

She dropped his hand like a hot potato, turned, and shuffled to her car in a huff. Mulder held his hands out, palms up, fingers spread beseechingly. He looked over at Alex as she climbed in the car. "What did I say?"

"You insulted her," Alex said. "She was speaking English."

The two men jumped out of the way as the car leaped into reverse and left in a spray of gravel. Mulder stared after the receding tail lights in confusion. Alex laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. Mariko was already upset about having to come out here this time of night." He looked after the disappearing car. "She used to be a hell of a chemist. But now her eyesight is too bad and her hands too unsteady." He looked back at Mulder. The car out of sight. "Bailey keeps her on the payroll anyway. She takes care of the cabin and a few small things for Bailey now. Sometimes she just gets a little cranky."

Mulder sighed and started up the crushed shell path to the front door as Alex pulled the packs off the bike. The house sat serenely, the natural wood siding and shingles combining to create a distinctly natural effect sitting among the trees.

Even before he entered the large open living room Mulder had guessed what he'd find. The entire back wall of the room was glass. The sliding glass door was open, allowing a large screen to admit the breeze and the sounds of the country at night.

The only lights left on were in the kitchen off to the other side of the entry, but a cheery fire crackled in a stone fire place in the living room. Mulder wandered away from the heat of the fire, across the hard wood floors to the cool air near the French doors.

The doors opened onto a wooden deck that faced a large, tree rimmed lake. The full moon created streaming silver ribbons of light and deep purple shadows on the placid water of the lake. He could hear water gently lapping against a dock.

Mulder was barely aware of his surroundings as he struggled to understand just what he was doing here. He tried to tell himself that what happened in the trailer had been a fluke, nothing more than a reaction to stress. But he knew that was a lie. He wanted Alex and it confounded him. He was too smart to fall into the trap of wanting a man who could never stay with him, even if he lived through this; a man who would always be running. But he wanted him. He wanted his touch, his kiss. Alex had awakened an instinct in him that had lain dormant. Now it roared with life, with hunger. It unnerved him and thrilled him.

Alex came in the front door, annoyed that Mulder had left him to carry the gear in alone. The sharp comment on his tongue died as he saw Mulder standing in the living room.

Mulder had shucked his jacket and stood bathed in firelight. The flickering light from the fire cast his face in an amber halo, it caressed the sensual planes of his face, glistened off the vulnerable curve of his lower lip. Alex was entranced.

Out of a sense of self-preservation, Alex tried to deny the feelings running through him. What he felt for Mulder was desire and nothing more, he told himself. A desire that seemed to be insatiable. It stirred in his gut again as he watched him standing there, looking more beautiful than any man had a right to. The desire for him was like glowing coals of a fire that could be banked but not extinguished. Fighting the surge of desire down, Alex dropped the packs in the entryway and closed the door quietly. He moved off into the kitchen.

Mulder turned from his contemplation as he heard a soft sound behind him. Alex stood in the doorway to the living room in his shirt and tight jeans. He held a pair of cut crystal glasses in his hands. He walked over and pressed a glass into Mulder's hand without a word.

Mulder stared down at the liquid in his glass. Firelight glinted off the exquisite etching in the glass and made the golden liquid inside glow. He took a cautious sniff, his eyes still on Alex. Alex took a drink from his own goblet.

"Beerinauslese," he informed Mulder. "Late harvest German white wine."

Mulder took a sip, approved, and took a deeper drink. He raised his eyes to see Alex standing only a few inches from him, his eyes burning into Mulder's with a curious longing. What Mulder saw in those green eyes was a mirror of his own bewilderment, need, and wariness of that need.

Mulder had put away that need for a long time, but now he felt the strange stirrings in his chest, foreign fingers of emotion touching him in a way that was intrusive and seductive, and ultimately disturbing.

Seemingly of its own volition, Alex's hand rose toward Mulder's face. Like a man trying to touch a dream, Alex's fingers reached out hesitantly to whisper across warm skin. There was something incredibly sensual in the act, something strongly erotic, though Alex barely touched him. Mulder inhaled sharply as desire streaked through him, tingling through his nerve endings.

Alex's fingers explored his features one by one, as if to memorize the feel of them. Then, not satisfied with feel and suddenly frustrated by the sheen of firelight alone, he reached behind him, groping for the lamp.

"What are you doing?" Mulder asked softly, then closed his eyes against the light.

"I want to see you," Alex whispered. "I want to look at you and know that you're really here."

"I'm here."

"You are," Alex breathed, as though believing it only now. "J'aime te faire l'amour avec toi, ma amie."

He might have been saying anything. He might have been saying that Mulder was a swamp toad. But the words, spoken in his smoky voice and combined with the earnest expression on his face, had their desired effect just the same. Mulder raised his hand to touch Alex's stubbled cheek.

Alex caught his hand as it dreamily stroked his face and carried it to his mouth. His lips were warm on Mulder's palm. Mulder felt the sweep of Alex's tongue against his skin and his mouth curled in a lazy smile. He knew that tongue, knew what it could do for him.

"French? Would you mind only fucking with my mind in one language, Alex?"

Alex's teasing smile flickered, and the glint in his eyes brightened them to the color of peridots as he spoke with his lips still against Mulder's palm. "Mais oui, mon coeur." He licked Mulder's palm again before lowering his hand. "Of course, Mulder."

The molten heat in Alex's eyes as he straightened stirred an answering warmth inside Mulder. He found himself staring at Alex's mouth, that incredibly sensuous, well formed mouth, then back to meet his eyes. With an effort Mulder found his voice, but it was soft and smoky and he barely recognized it when he spoke. "How can I think straight when you look at me like that?"

Alex released Mulder's hand and leaned in closer to him. "You don't have to think straight. That's my job. You can close your eyes-" he did it for him with a kiss on each lid—"and let yourself go. Let me take care of everything, Mulder." He planted a row of kisses across Mulder's cheekbone to his ear then ran his tongue around its sculpted edge. His tongue moved in warm, soft ways along the sensitive skin just under the ear and Mulder could feel his sex grow warm and heavy.

Mulder leaned into Alex, his exhaustion, and the alcohol he had consumed in the bar with Alexei, finally catching up with him. The long, stressful day weighed heavy on his shoulders. It felt strange, feeling safe in Krycek's arms. He wasn't stupid, he knew Alex could and had killed. He knew Alex would do whatever it took to survive. Underneath that cool facade was someone life had kicked in the teeth more than once and who was willing to fight back. But not tonight. Not with Mulder. Krycek wouldn't hurt him. Not anymore. He'd shown that.

Mulder wrapped his arms around Alex, pulling tight against him. In response, Alex's hand ran up his back, sliding up to cup the back of his head. He tilted Mulder's face to a better angle and brushed his mouth gently across the satin of his lips. Mulder tasted of sweetness and wine and need, a need that called out to his own lonely soul.

Alex drew back a little, planting tiny kisses along the line of Mulder's jaw, then drew back a little farther so he could look in his face. Fresh air rushed in and out of his lungs, bringing with it a measure of sanity. It seemed an eternity since he cared about the person he was with. His hormones were screaming for him to press his advantage and take Mulder right here and now, but as he looked into the hazel eyes he saw not only desire, but vulnerability and uncertainty. Mulder might want him, but he wasn't clear on the reasons why or if it was something he would regret for the rest of his life.

What do you see in me that scares you, Mulder? You see in me what you're afraid to feel. You think if you go that deep you might drown, lose yourself... like me. Like me, you're in over your head, but we know how to swim, Mulder. You just suck in a breath and start kicking, and you never give up.

Mulder looked up blearily as Alex pulled back from him. The glimmer of a smile quivered at the corners of Alex's mouth as he looked into the confusion in Mulder's eyes. Alex's fingers curled under Mulder's chin. "You're wiped out, Mulder. Let's get you to bed."

Mulder nodded. He could deal with things better in the morning. His tongue drifted over his lips momentarily. His lips were hot and sensitive and still tasted of wine and Alex. Longing ribboned through him again, and he squelched it, wincing as he ground out the fragile emotion.

Alex guided the sleepy man up the stairway to the second floor loft, the moon sending a silver ribbon of light onto the stairs from a skylight. Mulder automatically started pulling his clothes off, glad to be rid of the dirty material, as he sat on the side of the bed. He sank gratefully into the mattress and sprawled on his back as his muscles began to relax. Physically, he was tired, emotionally he was exhausted from the constant war between feeling and trying not to feel. He was too tired to even comment as Alex pulled the blanket up to cover him. He allowed sleep to overtake him, pulling him into unconsciousness.

Alex stood beside the bed, gazing down on him. Desire gripped him, despite the release he had obtained in the trailer. His need felt stronger now, maybe because the speculation had ended; now he knew the ecstasy of sex with Mulder. And he wanted it again. He wanted him again and again; he needed Mulder in a way he had never needed anybody in his life. Seeing the man succumb to exhaustion, the beautiful face easing into needed sleep, he curbed the fire within himself with an effort.

Alex turned and went back down the stairs. Jaak would be arriving in a couple of hours. If he wanted either of them to get any sleep he would have to sleep on the couch, away from temptation. But first a cold shower was in order. Alex went back to the packs by the door and carried them into the kitchen. He dumped the sacks onto the table, sorting through them carefully, wary of finding a needle.

He was pleased to find no drugs in the meager luggage. Even more pleased to see that the clothes were still clean and close to his size. He carried a set of clothes and the shaving kit into the bathroom.

One chilly shower later, Alex was sprawled on the leather-covered camel-back couch reading a book he'd pulled from the built in shelves. He'd already made his rounds of the building, assuring himself that everything was locked up and that it was as secure as he could make it. Now he had to wait for Jaak Danko to arrive with the supplies he had asked Bailey to send along. He yawned and fought falling asleep, and tried to keep from thinking about how good it would feel to go upstairs and climb into bed beside Mulder.

Alex's thick blue blanket fell to the floor as he got up off the couch and opened the French doors. He stepped out, bare foot on the cool wet planks of the deck. A soft, rustling night spread around him. The air was ripe with the smell of green growth, full of the smell of grass and wet earth. Night sounds whispered as the sweet air traced his cheek.

He swept rain water off the deck railing, pushed up his sleeves and rested his forearms on the damp wood. He felt himself relax as he let the peace of the area settle around him. The quiet murmur of the wind, the humming insects, the subtle noises of small animals living their lives, all served to relax him. Something broke the surface of the lake with a pop and a splash. A fish snatching a late snack.

The sound of tires on gravel made him spin around. He could see the vague outlines of trees and bushes across the grounds tipped in silver as headlights reflected back onto them from the curve of the driveway. Alex moved around the corner of the house cautiously.

As he peered around the side of the cabin he saw a dark sedan stop in front of the house. He relaxed as he saw Jaak Danko step out from the driver's side. Seeing no-one else, Alex walked around to meet his friend.

Alex could see the big Russian was tired as he approached him. He also knew Jaak would never complain about it. The two men picked up the bags of supplies with minimal conversation. Alex was delighted to see his battered and torn leather jacket laying on top of Mulder's laptop computer. He reached into the inner pocket and felt a sudden fierce thrill of need race through him as his fingers found the glass vial of green nutrient fluid he had placed there so long ago. Alex fought the feeling down viciously, forcing his fingers to leave the fluid where it was. He scooped up the computer, a pair of flight bags and the jacket. After a quick scan of the area again, he followed Jaak into the house.

As Alex sat the computer up on the dining room table Jaak settled himself onto the couch. The big Russian was sound asleep by the time Alex made a preliminary run through the computer to see what files it contained. A tension he hadn't even been aware of eased as Alex saw that Mulder had copies of the files he had obtained from Sarcus and Alex's Russian files. Combine those with the data tape copy he would get from Bailey and Alex would give the smoker and his allies some problems to deal with instead of going after one lone rogue agent.

Alex's first job was to release the information Spectre had hidden for him on the web. In minutes the data was sent to carefully selected individuals and groups chosen for their ability to cause trouble for the Consortium and/or his previous employers in Russia. Normally, Alex would use this information for trading or to sell to the highest bidders. Now, he just wanted to sow chaos and difficulty for his pursuers. He was hoping that suppressing the security breaches would keep them too busy to pursue him, at least for a while. After he had one of his copies of the DAT tape again he could really stir things up. He grinned as he imagined Mulder's reaction when Alex handed him his own copy of the tape. Talk about someone who could cause trouble...

Alex looked up to see the eastern sky beginning to lighten. The midnight blue velvet of the sky was coming alive with glorious pinwheels of deep pink, crimson, yellow and orange. Alex shut down the computer, his eyes were beginning to burn anyway. He stretched stiffly as he got up from the chair. Looking over, he saw Jaak dead to the world on the couch, and smiled.

Stifling a yawn, he trudged up the stair case to the loft. Not my fault, Mulder. Jaak took the couch. I had no choice but climb into bed with you. You wouldn't really expect me to sleep on the cold, hard floor would you?

Mulder was laying on his side in the bed. Alex looked down on him, something twisting painfully in his chest as he reached out to touch him. Alex stopped himself, his fingers a scant inch above Mulder's face. The man was beautiful, but he needed to sleep. Alex sighed and stripped, tossing his clothes casually into the corner. He slid into the bed, back to back with Mulder, and pulled the covers over both of them.

The warm body behind him was comforting, and it didn't take long for Alex's body to relax. He drifted slowly into sleep, visions of a unlikely future with Mulder lulling him in deeper.

Alex lay flat on his back on the lounge chair. His eyes were closed as he reveled in the healing warmth of the sun. The background sounds, the sound of sea gulls overhead, and the feel of the ocean air washing over him, it was all soothing. He took it all in, letting his body relax and his mind free itself of thought. He didn't know why they hadn't done this a long time ago. A cruise, especially a cruise booked exclusively for men, was exactly what he and Mulder needed.

A slow smile spread over his face as he thought of his lover. He raised his head, pulling his sunglasses down onto his nose and searching for the man he loved by the pool. His smile grew as he spotted him.

Mulder had recently emerged from the water. He sat on the edge of the pool. His back was arched, he was leaning back on his elbows, his head thrown back, face turned to the hot sun. Alex watched as he spread his hands and flattened his dark, shiny hair against his skull, smiling happily.

With a smooth move, Mulder was on his feet. Alex's eyes took in the tensile strength and beauty of the long thighs, the flex of muscles as Mulder moved across the deck toward him.

Mulder's smile was eager and alive with affection and delight. For a moment Alex couldn't pull any air in through the tightness in his chest. That smile warmed him more than the Caribbean sun in his bare back ever could. Coming up beside him, Mulder offered a hand and pulled Alex up onto his feet.

As Alex stood, Mulder moved in against him. "Hi."

"Hi," Alex exhaled a long breath of contentment. For the first time in years he felt blissfully happy, fully alive. The shadows that had covered his heart for so much of his life were far away.

Mulder brushed his lips against Alex's, teasing them open with the tip of his tongue, tasting faintly of chlorine and sun. It was warm, it was delicious, a moist caress that seared a fiery path through his bloodstream. It was increasingly hungry, caused increasing hunger.

Alex moaned as Mulder pulled away. Mulder smiled at him, his eyes dancing in mischief. He leaned in and nipped at Alex's earlobe. "I want you, Alex."

The soft words caused an intense reaction in Alex's already aroused body. His cock came to immediate and painful attention, dragging another groan from the back of Alex's throat.

To his confusion, Mulder led him past the cabin level down into the working areas of the luxury liner. Laughing, Mulder ignored his protests, pushing him into a doorway once to avoid being seen by a pair of crewmen going through the hallway. That was Mulder, eager and as erratic as a summer storm.

"Mulder," Alex started to complain. Mulder shut him up with the simple expedient of kissing him senseless. Dazed, Alex followed as he led him farther down the hallway.

Mulder finally stopped in front of a plain metal door. He cracked it open, then turned back to Alex. The look on his face when he turned back made Alex suck in a deep breath. The playfulness was gone. Mulder's gaze was intent and loving, yet somehow tinged with a deep sadness. A wave of compassion, mixed with fear, welled up inside Alex. He trembled with the need to erase every vestige of unhappiness shadowing Mulder's face while at the same time part of him wanted to run.

Mulder pressed his lips to Alex's, the kiss desperate, full of need and sorrow. Alex was lost in confusion. His senses were full of Mulder while his mind cried at him that something was wrong. Mulder broke off the kiss, his lips still against Alex's.

"I don't think I can tease and play anymore, I want you too much, Alex."

Mulder's voice was low, seductive. That, plus his body pressed up against Alex caused Alex's mind to overload. He couldn't think. He didn't want to think. He let himself be led through the door into the dark room.

Mulder continued kissing him, one hand sliding up his back to caress the back of his neck. His other hand ran up Alex's back and up and over his left shoulder. Tingles went through Alex as Mulder's hand ran down his left arm to his wrist, gently circling it with his fingers. Alex sighed into the warmth of Mulder's mouth as Mulder moved against his body rhythmically, rubbing him with excruciating sureness.

His pleasant haze abruptly ended as he felt the cold kiss of metal around his left wrist and heard the sound of handcuffs being locked onto a metal object. Alex jerked away frantically, gasping as the handcuff held his left arm still.

Mulder moved quickly out of reach. He backed toward the door, the light from the hall back lighting him and letting Alex see that the room he was in was all featureless gray metal. He was handcuffed to a thick metal pipe running floor to ceiling.

"Mulder, what the fuck?" Alex strained to gather his scattered wits, watching in horror as Mulder shook his head sadly.

"I'm sorry, Alex," Mulder told him softly. "I didn't see any other way."

"Other way for what?" Alex heard the whine and fear in his own voice and fought for control.

Mulder's face held infinite sorrow. "You've gone too long without the nutrients I need, Alex. I need to take control until I can locate what I need."

Understanding came at the same time as anger. "Alexei!" Alex hissed the name with pure hatred.

Mulder shimmered and his form blurred. Alex found himself starring at his own face and form. He snarled and lunged forward, intent on destroying the doppleganger. The cuff rattled and jerked him to an abrupt halt. Alexei shook his head.

"I need those nutrients, Alex. I'm starting to feel withdrawal. Much longer and I'll start getting sick." He shook his head sadly. "I picked up your intention. Refusing to find or take the fluid isn't a solution, Alex. You can't get rid of me by denying me the nutrients. You'll just end up killing us both. I'm sorry, but I have to take over for a short time."

Alex's reply was a string of vulgarity in four different languages.

Alexei flushed. "I don't want to erase you. I promise, Alex. I will let you out as soon as I can."

"Kurite mojo trubku!"

Alexei smiled faintly. "Suck your dick? I think that would be a little difficult given our situation. Maybe in your next dream."

Alex snarled and Alexei stepped through the doorway. He started shutting the door, removing the last of the light from the room.

Alex lunged forward again, this time in panic. "Wait! DON'T!"

The door clanged shut, shutting him away from all sensation.

Translations:
J'aimerais faire l'amour avec toi, ma amie = I'd love to make love with you, my love.
Mais oui, mon coeur = But yes, my heart
Kurite mojo trubku = Suck my dick.

xx

Part Five

cking828@aol.com

cking828@aol.com
Rating: NC-17
Classification: XA M/K slash
Summary: Krycek enlists Mulder's help in dealing with an alien.
Disclaimer at the end.
I have to thank my beta readers, Katy, Shawna, and Liza. Shawna especially, has put a lot of time and effort into making this story what it is. I have no doubt sorely tried her patience as she tried to teach me the basics of correct writing style. All three ladies have been absolutely wonderful in their help and their encouragement and in administering the necessary kicks in the pants. I couldn't do it without them.
Disclaimer: Mulder, Krycek, and Scully belong to Chris Carter and Company. I'm just borrowing them. I can't help it, Krycek fascinates me. The aliens all belong to Carter and I have no idea what his grand scheme is for them. Call it creative license on my part. Absolutely no money to be made from this. No harm is meant to Mr. Carter or anyone else.
I am an eclectic and ravenous reader. I read a little of everything, from Sci-fi to Tom Clancy, fantasy, to medical thrillers. In fan-fiction I read exclusively M/K X-files slash. I have not copied any one to my knowledge and any similarity to anyone else's work is absolutely accidental.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]