Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
552
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,438

A Beautiful Day For A Picnic

Summary:

For Dee's L_R  challenge of a picnic.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


A Beautiful Day For A Picnic
By Poe

 

 

It was the fifth day of consistent rain and for Remy that usually meant that he was feelin lonely and depressed. He sat by the picture window holding a book limply by his elegant fingers his Chicory coffee beside him cold. He watched the huge pregnant raindrops splatter on the window. He sighed picked up the coffee absently sipped it then made a face "cold" he whispered.

He was so bored none of the X-Men's many enemies had seemed likely to gone into hibernation,no missions no nothing it was if the whole world had fallen away. His stomach growled as he put his bare feet on the hard wood floors "Merde everyting be so damn cold today." then went into the kitchen then found it was bare. He slammed the door cursing in cajun at the inconsiderate jerks that was his family. He knew that Logan had stocked up their fridge in the boathouse with tasty little appetizers that the feral knew that he loved. He didn't want to leave the mansion because it was raining harder and harder and to be honest he didn't like to get rained on.

The cell phone buzzed in his pocket he took it out looked down and smiled. "Bonjour cher." All he heard was Logan on the phone saying "Come home. I got a surprise for ya." then he hung up. As much as Remy hated the rain he loved the surprises that his partner had whipped up. He never would have thought Logan as the type to surprise his lovers but after being with him for more then ten years he still got excited over them.

He picked up his trench coat opened up the door and ran to the boathouse. The lightening and thunder flashed in the sky. The boathouse looked dark as Remy ran up to the porch and opened up the door. "Logan? You here?" He heard a fire crackaling merrily in the living room as he heard someone out in the kitchen

"Go on into the living room Rem..get warmed up and I'll be in a few minutes."  Remy sighed and took off the rain drenched jacket and put it on the coatrack what he saw when he walked into the room took his breath away. There was a huge fire burning in the fireplace,candles all around,champagne chilling in a bucket and tantalizing smells coming from the kitchen.
He sat down pleased on the bear skin rug. He touched the soft pelt and remembered how upset he had gotten when Logan had told him that it was real.  But now he was appreciative of the warmth. There was a thick blanket near him as he picked it up and draped it over him and shuddered.
 
For the next 15 minutes Remy must have dozed off because all he heard was Logan humming an old Joe Crocker song as he came out of the kitchen baring a tray of food. Remy wiped the sleep out of his eyes and smiled. Logan had an odd peacefull look in his eyes as he sat the tray down. The first thing Remy did was kiss him passionately and said "How did you know?"

"Happy Rainy Day Picnic darlin."

end part 1
TBC

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Poe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.