Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
384
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,221

This Time Around

Summary:

Kelly, Joe and Dixie have a conference with Mike about his attitude toward Station 51's A-shift.

Work Text:


 
 
This Time Around
by Lynneste
 
 
Drs. Kelly Brackett, Joe Early and Mike Morton and Nurse Dixie McCall were inside the staff lounge at Rampart General Hospital. Mike was getting a lecture on his etiquette.
 
Kelly said, "Mike, the reason we called you in here is because we've noticed you've been having behavior problems."
 
Mike said, "Sometimes firefighters and paramedics can be stubborn."
 
Joe said, "But still, all patients, regardless, should have compassionate care."
 
Dixie said, "How about the time when Johnny injured his shoulder in a rescue from a fire? Your demeanor was a little 'off'."
 
Mike said, "Johnny was complaining about the injection I gave him to kill the pain."
 
Joe said, "Still, you could've gently explained the shot was a good thing for the pain."
 
Dixie said, "That's right."
 
Kelly asked, "Do you remember when you sent Chet and his friends on a health food diet?"
 
Mike replied, "Yes. I thought it would do them a little bit of good."
 
Kelly said, " Well, it went a little too far."
 
Mike said, "But I did go to Station 51 to correct the problem."
 
Dixie said, "Apparently, Chet barely took the message."
 
Joe said, "When he and the rest of his friends went out on a rescue, and their captain got electrocuted and was rushed here, Chet apparently had the health food diet on his mind, still."
 
Dixie said, "The captain put his engineer in command of the shift. When Chet fixed a meal for the rest of his friends, they saw it wasn't enough. So they leaned on him like a ton of bricks."
 
Mike said, "I'm sorry Chet was leaned on like a ton of bricks. Apparently, he took the health food diet thing a little too personally."
 
Kelly said, "Well, much too personally."
 
Joe said, "In recent times, you've been lightening up on your attitude problems. That's good."
 
Kelly said, "Your demeanor seems to be getting better with firefighters and paramedics."
 
Mike said, "I was teaching myself how to modify my behavior patterns."
 
Dixie said, "That was a good start. We've also noticed you've improved them over several weeks. You're doing a good job."
 
Mike said, "I've learned lots of lessons."
 
Kelly said, "We all see you have. Keep up the good work."
 
Mike said, "Alright."
 
Mike had a better understanding. He, Kelly, Joe and Dixie then got back to work.
 
 
DONE