Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 8 of Lovely Days, Lovely Nights
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
402
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,506

Tempted

Summary:

This little tidbit was in response to a challenge. What is Jennifer hiding from Kid?

Work Text:

 

Tempted

By Denise Craig

She was beautiful! The most perfect angel he had ever seen. Her long blond hair fell in waves to her waist. Her figure was that of a goddess and her face...her face was beyond description. He was having a hard time just breathing, let alone thinking.

She beckoned to him with one beautifully, sculpted finger. It was an invitation...a divine order.

The white sheath she was wrapped in blew out from her with musical grace. Her mouth turned up in a delicious smile. Her eyes, lovely, deep pools of blue, said volumes while remaining innocent.

The breeze blew her scent towards him and he filled his nose with the flowery essence. He was tempted as no man had been. He would have gone to her if he hadn't been frozen to the spot. He wanted to go, needed to go. It was his imperative. He had to be with this lovely vision. He would die if he was denied.

Jennifer heard the backdoor slam as her husband came home. She quickly hid the book in the sofa cushions. She knew such books were drivel but sometimes just wanted a frivolous moment. She knew Jed wouldn't care what she read, but she was just a little embarrassed anyway.

Jennifer kissed Kid as he hung up his hat and followed him into the kitchen for dinner.

Later that night

Jennifer beckoned to her husband with a welcoming finger.

"You want me...over there?"

Her response was a smile and a nod.

"Jennifer, I am tempted, as no man has ever been tempted. I would run to you this very minute if I was not frozen to the spot by your loveliness. I want to go, I need to go. It is all I think about. I would die if I could not be with you." Kid's eyes were sparkling with mischief.

Jennifer gasped and covered her mouth. Her face turning a deep red.

Kid's smile grew bigger. "I found your book in the couch. I sat on it actually. I looked at where you had been reading..."

"Jed!"

"Well, that author got one thing right. I am sorely tempted!"

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Series this work belongs to: