Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
314
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,054

Out of the Mouth of Teens

Summary:

Jubilee's shocking mouth causes Emma to wonder why she tries; reflection brings her answer.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Out of the Mouth of Teens
by Pirate Turner

 

        Jubilee burst through the door in a flash of yellow and pink. "Ya got a bathroom?" she called immediately to the clerk.

        "There," Emma stated, trailing behind the impatient teenager and pointing a slender finger at the door in question, "is the restroom, Jubilation."

        "Yay!" Jubilee grinned, jumped, and started to run.

        "Yay?" Emma questioned, her eyebrows slightly raised.

        "Yeah," Jubilee shot back over her shoulder. "What? Would have ya preferred 'Hot damn! I gotta piss!', Frostie?"

        Pink colored Emma's face, and Jubilee grinned broadly as she shut the door. The look on Emma's face was well worth the stares from the other customers.

        Emma turned to Sean, her face a mixture of exasperation and exhaustion. "Why do I even bother?" she queried, shaking her head defeatedly.

        "I di nae knae, Em," he replied, chuckling and making her blush grow, "but ye're cute when ye blush."

        Emma narrowed her blue eyes at the laughing Irish man and gave him her coldest Ice Queen glower. When most men would have slunk away, Sean grinned in return. As he continued to laugh, Emma stalked off, storming inwardly. She had been in the coma for years, but yet it felt like only a few months ago that she would have wiped his mind clean for daring to laugh at her. She cut a look at him back over her shoulder, and her embarrassment grew at the realization that her other students, with the sole exception of the well-trained Monet, were also laughing. It would undoubtedly serve them right if she did wash their brains clean and teach them manners the easiest way known to telepaths.

        She stole a quick glance at Sean's merry face and sighed to herself with admission, knowing she would never betray him that way. Ah, but he was handsome when he laughed!

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.