Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-08-25
Words:
872
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
21
Hits:
2,408

The Last Honest Man

Summary:

adama/tigh implied.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Tigh/Adama from a story i haven't finished. but this is complete. maybe I'll get to it later. 

Chapter Text

 

 

When I'm sober, I remember things. I've got at least 30 years worth of things I don't want to remember. So I drink. I wanted to be alone with my wife last night, so I got drunk. I think she prefers it that way. When I'm all hers and we're in the moment and there is no past. She's not a slut and I'm not a weak man. 

 

But now it's morning. The liquor has lost its effect. I'm greeted with the sight of my wife's bare ass on my rack. She's got a great ass.  If Ellen wasn't Ellen …I think she would deserve better than me.  But this is what works for us.  I stumble towards the head and I feel slightly ill.  I'm at the mirror but I avoid looking myself in the eyes. I wet a towel and clean the night's leftovers off my face.

 

"Saulie?" 

 

She's awake and coming up behind me. She slides an arm around my waist. Her other hand is holding a glass. I wonder how she managed that in her current state. I feel the slick fabric of her slip against my back.  She's still drunk.

 

"Breakfast?" she inquires as she holds the glass up to my mouth. I smell it. It's the cheap stuff.

 

"Not now baby."  She pouts so prettily. I want to make her happy. But I don't take the drink she offers. "I have to meet 'The Old Man' in 30."

 

I swear I can feel her sour behind me.  She gives me a shove and walks out of the head. I let her fume alone and I shave.  She knows how far her control goes.  I leave the head in search of my under shirts. I'm pulling on my trousers when she finally says something.

 

"I really hate you sometimes." 

 

I continue to dress not taking the bait.  I don't want to fight.  I just want to get to work.  I button my uniform blouse. I ignore her. It's nothing I haven't heard before. It's nothing I don't deserve.

 

"And him too." She spits out.

 

There's the line. I pause.  No, I decide. Not this morning. But I guess she's not letting it go. She comes up and puts her hand under my chin.

 

"Look at me." She slurs. "I love you."

 

"I love you too." It's not a lie. But she doesn't have the exclusive on my heart. I know it. She knows too.

 

She scans my face.  She must have found what she was looking for; she claws my cheek.

 

"Don't forget that." She hisses.

 

"Frak all Ellen!"  I say as I grab my injured face.

 

I push her and walk back to the head not waiting to see if or where she falls.  In the mirror I see that she broke the skin.  A small amount of blood is welling out of a hole near my jaw. There are two red lines above it.  I mop at the blood.  I wish she would have just slapped me.