authors choice #190 - How To confuse your roommates - any pairing - any length:
Write a story, ficlet, drabble, snippet, slice of life [or a series of stories] around this theme. Go to the extreme on this.
Got a kewl challenge for you'se all today. Thanks to Mystic for inspiring it by sending a list of ways to drive your roommate nuts. So here is the challenge. Set up the playful one in your pair as a prankster trying to bonker out his partner. Here's the list that inspired the challenge. You can use as many, as few or create some ways of your own for the wild one to torment and tease his/her lifemate:
HOW TO CONFUSE YOUR ROOMMATES
1. Sit up. Say "time to make the doughnuts." Leave. Do this often.
2. Every five minutes, get up, open door, peek out, close door, and look relieved.
3. Name your socks.
4. Express an extreme fear of sunlight. Move away from and flinch at any areas of the room that are sunny.
5. Pick up the phone every five minutes and say "hello." Look confused and hang up.
6. Answer the alarm clock when the phone rings and vice versa.
7. Try to make meals using your roommate's electric blanket.
8. Hang your posters upside down.
9. Unwrap a candy bar. Throw the chocolate away. Eat the wrapper. Smile.
10. When listening to the radio, sing along with different lyrics and a different tune.
11. Address your roommate by a different name each time you talk to her/him.
12. Speak in limericks.
13. Announce "nature is calling." Run for the phone. Answer it.
14. Seal an envelope. Write a letter. Complain loudly that you cannot get it into the envelope. Discard and repeat.
15.. Aerate your underwear drawer. Claim "they" are not getting enough oxygen.
16. Constantly drink from an empty glass.
17. Respond to your roommate's questions with unrelated answers.
18. Every time you handle something of your roommate's, use a tissue or gloves.
19. While unlocking your door with the key, complain that the engine won't start.
20. Name your animal crackers. Mourn them after you eat them.
My first thought was this would make a perfect foil for Mad Murdock to torment the big man
in gold, but that would be easy..Who would you choose to do the prankstering and why?
Happy writing, folks
Please link back to this site when using the prompts on other sites so interested folk can find it easily
FINAL NOTE: Would be nice to see some stories on the comm. Prompt generated or not.
Fandoms: General Challenges Characters: