Gene Roddenberry's "Earth: Final Conflict"

... began in syndication in fall, 1997, distributed by Tribune Entertainment Company. Set in the near future, it starred Kevin Kilner as William Boone, a cop assigned to security for an alien race called Taelons, who refer to themselves as "The Companions." The Companions have come to Earth ostensibly to aid humans and cure our ills. But their methods are shady, and the story revolves around a growing underground which does not trust the Taelons' true motivations.

Near the end of season one, leading man Kilner reportedly asked to be let out of the show so he could pursue more theatrical work. The truth is he was replaced, but the reasons are unclear.

As season two opened, Boone was killed by the scheming Taelon Zo'or, after a battle with another alien -- a Kimera -- who arrived on earth in a long-range space capsule. The alien created a hybrid child which grew to adulthood in a matter of hours and replaced Boone as Da'an's protector. The new character, Liam Kincaid (played by Robert Leeshock), retains the memories of his alien father as well as the humans Sandoval and Beckett, his human parents.

As season three begins,
the second lead character,
Lili Marquette (played by Lisa Howard),
is also killed, replaced by
Renée Palmer (Jayne Heitmeyer).
What gives? And who's next?
Augur (Richard Chevolleau)?


This is a continuing tale, so you have to pay a little attention. The stories have been pretty interesting, the effects are as good as any sci-fi show I've seen and so far the show has failed to annoy me as most shows do with silly plot tricks three-quarters of the way into the script.

E:FC is the baby of Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Gene's widow, who is better known for her roles as Lwaxana Troi on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and Nurse Chapel from the original "Star Trek" series. Ms. Roddenberry is co-executive producer of the series and has a recurring role as Dr. Belman, a resistance sympathizer.


Home