Ask the Minotaur
Search the Database
Browse the Database


Your search turned up 38 hits

Laura Mann asks,

I've recently read The Charioteer, by Mary Renault. It is a very tastefully written book, so I feel like a bit of a pervert for thinking about this, but I would really like to know what the protagonists actually _do_ in bed.

First of all, there is the general question of what two soldiers, or two public-school boys, might have been willing to do together, back in the forties. (I'm guessing they wouldn't be so different from modern soldiers or schoolboys.) But then it gets a bit more complicated.

You see, the main character, Laurie Odell, has had his knee shot off at Dunkirk, and he can no longer bend it very far or put his full weight on it for long. In fact, he has to be very careful of that leg, at all times. In a sexual context, this seems quite incredibly awkward, unless perhaps poor Laurie chooses to spend the entire time stretched out passively on some flattish surface.

That doesn't sound like all that much fun to me. Can he play any active part at all? What do you think?


Dear Laura Mann,

I haven't read The Charioteer in many years, and have at best a vague memory of it. The 40's were a different time, especially in England. I do know that in the US in that time period, oral sex was much more common than anal. And the passive/aggressive roles were much more clearly deliniated - you were either a queen (bottom) or trade (top).

For a better understanding of that time, at least in the US, I'd highly recommend Ethan Mordden's "How Long Has This Been Going On". He's a great author, and this is one of his best books.

Now, as to Odell's physical handicap. With a bad leg, he would probably be more comfortable stretched out on some flattish surface, but that doesn't mean he has to be passive. The other guy would have to do most of the physical work, but Odell could easily be directing the action. He could have his lover sit on his dick, or be lying on his good side for some spooning action, or any of a number of other positions. Depending on how damaged the leg is, he could even be on top in a standard missionary position (puttin all his weight on the good knee, with the bad one just sort of stretched out behind him). I'd think that the sex would be awkward at first... but that they'd find ways to do the things they wanted to.

-- Minotaur




muscle bear asks,

I love to nibble and suck on my lover's soft tits. I also love fucking him deep. Can I put the two together? Whats the best fucking position to be in where i can go to town on my boy's nice nipples while I grind my cock up his ass? If there's more than one position, I'm all ears to more possibilities...thanks


Dear muscle bear,

Hmm, unless he's a gymnast or yoga expert, you're pretty much limited to the face-to-face positions if you want to do both at the same time. Missionary, with his legs in the air or around your waist. Or with him lying sort of on his side, with the uppper leg drawn up towards his chest so you can get into his ass - you'd still have access to one tit at least, if you leaned over or lay on top of him. Or he could sit on your cock - when you're either lying down or sitting in a chair/on the sofa. That would actually give you great access to both your favorite bits.

Have fun!

-- Minotaur




Dawn asks,

I've heard of a technique in which you actually hum...I've also heard of blow jobs referred to fleetingly as 'hummers'. What info do you have on that? Is that all there is to it, just humming while performing oral sex?


Dear Dawn,

"Hummers" as a term for a blow job is more a straight guy term, at least the only people I've ever heard use the term were hets. So far as I know, the actual technique of "humming" is just that - humming while you work (so to speak...). I suppose if you were particularly into it you could vary the tune - see if he gets off more on Mahler or Madonna....

-- Minotaur




Eve asks,

1) In some fanfic that I've read, rather than anal penetration or some other form of stimulation, the guys are able to come almost simultaneously by one lying on top of the other and both of them kind of thrusting at the same time. The stories claim that the friction of the two penises rubbing together would be enough to make them come. Is this possible, and a common thing for guys to do? It seems to me that it would be a little difficult to coordinate and maintain enough friction.

2) This is random, but people seem so obsessed with the whole boxers vs. briefs question. What determines what kind of underwear a guy chooses to wear, and does it really make a difference? Is it uncomfortable to go "commando"?


Dear Eve,

Possible, yes. But if the guys are anywhere past their teens, not very likely or satisfying (well, except in that *any* orgasm is pretty satisfying... but you know what I mean - it'd be like buying a carton of New York Super Fudge Chunk, and finding plain chocolate instead...). Simultaneous orgasms are possible... but take concentration and knowledge of your partner's responses, and aren't really worth the trouble. But this is such a staple of erotic fiction, both slash and gay porn, that we can let it slide (so to speak...).

2) This is really a matter of personal choice. Does he prefer "hanging loose", or does he want the family jewels cradled snugly?

The only problem with going commando is that if you're wearing zippered pants you have to be *really* careful doing them up...

-- Minotaur