Disclaimer: Pet Fly and Paramount own the copyright to The Sentinel and its characters. This piece of fan fiction was written solely for the love of the characters and to share freely with other fans. No profit is being made from the posting of this story.

Rating: G

Summary: Jim and Blair spend a week at a cabin in the woods.



Last Warm Night

by Marion



They'd spent a week at the cabin. They'd hiked for miles, fished in little streams and generally relaxed. Tomorrow they'd pack up and return to the mayhem of the city. But tonight...

It was probably the last warm night of the year. There was a hint of autumn in the air and they'd built a fire outdoors, just to take away the chill. The picnic table carried the remains of an alfresco meal and a portable CD player was playing soft jazz. The stars and a crescent moon peeped through the trees.

Two figures moved slowly to the music, dancing so close they looked like one being.

One figure partly detached himself from the other. "Bed?" he said.

"Good idea," the other said softly, bending to plant a kiss on his lover's head. "You get the music and I'll put out the fire."

"You'll never put my fire out, Jim," Blair laughed.

"God, I hope not!"

The two men separated long enough to tidy up, then, hand-in-hand, they walked into the cabin and closed the door.



Return to Marion's Little Blue Book