Disclaimer: Pet Fly and Paramount own the copyright to The Sentinel and its characters. This piece of fan fiction was written solely for the love of the characters and to share freely with other fans. No profit is being made from the posting of this story.

Rating: NC-17

Warning: Mild partner betrayal aka 'Jim being stupid' -- happy ending.

Summary: After receiving an unpleasant shock, Blair teaches Jim a lesson.



...is a dish best served... hot?

by Marion



Blair had had a good day. The sun had actually appeared in the sky over Cascade on a Saturday he had off. There had been no summons into work, no grisly crime scene to investigate - even the bad guys seemed to have taken a vacation. He and Jim had done some pretty basic food shopping, nothing too extreme to torment the Sentinel's acute taste buds, and they had bumped into one of the few people from the university who hadn't ostracized Blair over the fracas about his dissertation. Mike had become a good friend; he and Blair had adjourned to a coffee shop while Jim had returned to the loft with the groceries to do some chores.

The fact that the big cop had not only actively encouraged Blair to join Mike, but had also offered to do Blair's share of the chores so the ex-teaching fellow could spend longer with his friend was not lost on the young detective and as he started home he decided he would cook up a storm for Jim to show his appreciation.

He entered the loft, running through recipes in his head. What would appeal to my Sentinel, apart from the infamous Wonderburgers? As he threw his keys into the strategically-placed basket, he became aware of noises coming from his bedroom. Why would anyone be in my room while I'm out? he thought. He reached for the poker beside the fire. Too often in the past the loft had been broken into - it left him cautious, and though he now carried a gun, he still preferred to use more unorthodox weapons whenever possible. His gun stayed in the holster attached to his belt. Quietly crossing the living room to investigate, he began to think that the noises sounded familiar.

He pushed the door open just enough for him to see inside. His eyes were drawn to the heap of clothes thrown haphazardly on the floor. He looked across to the bed where his best friend and partner, James Ellison, was lying, half-naked with an equally undressed Simon Banks, captain of the Major Crimes Unit and their boss, riding said best friend's cock and, from the look on his face, obviously enjoying the ride!

A soft sheen of sweat coated Simon's skin. His head was thrown back and his eyes were closed but his mouth open. His hands gripped his own cock, working it in time to his rocking movements. Jim's hands were grasping Simon's thighs, holding on so tight Blair was sure that he would leave bruises. Jim's shirt was open and Blair could see that smooth chest moving as his breath hitched. The detective was clenching his teeth, trying to hold on and not come too quickly. Both men were so engrossed in their own pleasure that they didn't register Blair's presence.

For a long moment the young man simply stood by the door, stunned and shaken by the sight before him, then a moan escaped his lips and he spun on his heels back into the main room.

Jim's eyes flew open at the slight sound. "Simon, Blair's back."

Simon's own eyes were still heavy and unfocused. "What?" he mumbled.

With all thoughts of sex forgotten, and his cock rapidly deflating, Jim tried to carefully disentangle Simon away from his body as gracefully as possible. Finally realizing what was going on, Simon cautiously raised himself from Jim's body and the two men hurriedly got dressed, neither man prepared to meet the other's eyes.

Finally Simon looked at Jim. Jim just shook his head and the captain left the bedroom, still buttoning his shirt, not sure he wanted to face his younger officer. Blair wouldn't even look at him; he kept his back to Simon and stood staring out of the balcony windows. Simon picked up his coat from the hook by the door and folded it over his arm. He turned to say something, but at Blair's soft "Just go, Simon," he sighed and left the two men to pick up the pieces.

Jim watched from the door of Blair's old room. He ran a hand over his short brown hair, uncertain of what to say or do, but needing to say 'something'. "Blair..."

His partner spun round, anger and pain etched over his face. He threw down the poker that was still in his hands. It landed on the floor with a rousing 'clang' that had Jim's ears ringing.

"I can't believe you, man. You talk about us being exclusive, not wanting to share me with anyone, male or female, and then I walk in to find YOU in bed, in MY old bed, with SIMON! What's the deal here? Aren't I enough for you that you need to fuck Simon too? Haven't I been paying you enough attention or something? God, I'm stupid!" Blair's voice broke on the last word and he turned back to the window, his arms hugging his body, tension written in every line of his body.

Jim cringed. Great! You've really blown it this time, Ellison! You're your own worst enemy. You've hurt him badly. This man's more important than anything else in your sorry life. Now what are you going to do? Say something, you idiot, before he walks out that door and you lose him forever. Grovel, get down on your knees and beg if you have to. More than anything, he wanted to go to his partner, but he held back. "You're more than enough for me, babe, you should know that. You're everything to me. And you are not stupid."

Blair snorted.

Jim took a breath and continued, "Simon's hit a rough patch what with Daryl being away and work being the way it is. He said he felt lonely, detached from everyone."

Blair didn't move, didn't say a word.

Jim wanted... needed a response so he pushed forward. "We had a drink and, well, I told you that in the past Simon and I made out now and again, before you and I got together. I'm not even sure what happened but it just seemed like a good idea at the time. This was just a 'buddy fuck', just a way to, I don't know, relieve tension, provide comfort. Emotionally, it meant nothing, Blair, just to let Simon know he's not alone." Jim was floundering and he knew it. He tried once more. "What you and I have isn't about sex, it's love. I thought you of all people would understand."

Blair let out a deep breath. "That's low, Ellison, even for you, and no, I don't believe you 'thought' at all, not about me, certainly not about 'us'". He paused and sighed. "The sad part is that if you'd spoken to me first I might have suggested a way to help, because I DO understand the need to connect with, to touch someone. Would you even have told me if I hadn't walked in on you both?"

Jim didn't answer and Blair straightened. All of a sudden he felt restless and the loft made him feel hemmed in, suffocated, almost claustrophobic. "I've got to get out of here," he said abruptly. He picked up his keys on the way out, slamming the door behind him.

Jim stood for a minute, his jaw clenching, listening to the sound of his lover rushing away from him, then, taking his own keys, he followed on Blair's heels.

Though he wasn't exactly running, Blair still had a head start and Jim had to sprint to catch up.

"Look, Chief, at least let's talk about this. Don't just walk away."

"What is there to talk about, Jim?" Blair's voice was soft but flat, his hands in his pockets, and his eyes down, not looking at Jim.

Jim stopped. "Blair, please, I LOVE YOU." The last was a loud plea and Blair halted in his tracks, aware of the stares of passers-by. It allowed Jim to catch up with him.

Blair took his partner's unresisting arm. "Let's go to the park. It's late and should be empty by now." His hand left Jim's arm and he stuffed both his hands back deep in his pockets. The two men walked in silence, aware of the space between them.



Blair was correct, the park was almost empty. Here and there a few hardy souls remained, some walking their pets, others hand-in-hand with their loved ones.

Blair sat on an old picnic table, his feet on the bench. He rested his elbows on his knees and covered his face with his hands, scrubbing his eyes as if he could wipe away what he'd seen.

"Jesus, I can't believe after all we've been through, all the crap I've put up with from you, it would be Simon who could break us up."

Jim had seated himself on the end of the bench, near, but not touching his partner. At his lover's words, the color drained from his face and it took on the stony, blank expression Blair knew very well. He could almost hear Jim's teeth grinding. He suddenly found the dirt on the ground very interesting.

Jim stood and turned towards his partner. "So that's it. You're breaking up with me. No chance to explain, or make things right, you're just going to cut me out of your life?" He wasn't sure he wanted to hear Blair's answer.

Blair's anger flared again and he bolted from the table towards Jim. "Me cut you out of my life?" Blair shook his head. "I don't believe you, man. Can you even begin to imagine how much hurt you've caused by this," he raised his hands to empathize his words, "meaningless buddy fuck?" Blair stepped into Jim's space, causing the other man to step back. "Just think how you would feel if our roles were reversed and you caught me screwing Simon!" He punctuated each word with his finger jabbing at Jim's chest.

His partner swallowed and took Blair's hand, holding it close to his chest. "Okay, Chief. I've messed up big time. I've been stupid, okay? I know it. There are no excuses for the way I behaved. So tell me, how do I put it right? What can I do so you can forgive me?" He kissed the hand he held, and heard Blair's breathe catch. "I love you and only you. Please, talk to me. What can I do?"

Blair shook his head and smiled, sadly. He gently took his hand away and returned to his seat on the table. "I don't know any more," he shrugged. "I never thought you could hurt me this badly, that I could love someone so much. Or maybe I did, but believed you never would." His eyes narrowed, and he sat up straight. "You've got some serious groveling to do, my friend, if you want me back. For a start you can get rid of anything that has yours and Simon's scent on it. I may not be a Sentinel, but I can still smell sex and semen. If I come back..." Blair saw the panic on Jim's face and relented. "When I get back to the loft I don't want to be able to smell Simon or his cigars in the apartment, or on you."

Jim frowned. "Just where do you think..." Blair raised an eyebrow and Jim hesitated, and then softened his tone. Now was not the time to lose his temper and further antagonize Blair. "Where are you going, Blair?"

"I'm going over to Simon's. Don't worry," he said at the look of dread that crossed Jim's face. "I don't intend to kill him. He's still our boss and though I don't think he'd have me up for assault, under the circumstances," the ghost of a smile returned, "I've still got to find a way to work with him, and I've got some anger to work out."

"And us?"

Blair stood and straightened. "In all honesty, Jim, I need time to think about us. Can you give me that? Can you allow me some space to sort out how I feel?"

Jim risked putting his hands on Blair's shoulders and bent to plant a kiss on his lover's forehead. "Anything, Blair. I just want a second chance. If you need space and time then you'll have it... only..." he took a deep breath and swallowed, "... only, please, don't forget to come back."

Blair lifted his face to gaze into Jim's eyes. For a moment he just stood there, as if trying to see into Jim's soul. "Just do as I ask, Jim. Go home and... tidy. I won't come straight back after I've seen Simon, but I won't do anything stupid. I'll be back by morning." He stepped away. "Now, do you want to walk with me back to my car?"

Jim nodded and released his partner. Together they walked back the way they'd come, still not touching, but a little closer than before. They stood in the street in front of Blair's car. Jim's hands grew damp as his old fears and insecurities came flooding back. As Blair opened the car door and climbed in, Jim asked, "Chief... you will come home?"

Blair nodded. "Yes, Jim, I said I would. I'll see you in the morning." With that, he started the car and drove away.



Jim methodically went through their home. Using his enhanced senses, he sorted out anything that 'said' Simon and their intercourse, and then cleaned it. He and Simon had started to have sex in the main room, and then moved into Blair's old room because a) it had been convenient, and b) he hadn't wanted to have sex with his captain in the bed he shared with the man he loved. So now his partner's old room would have to be especially 'cleansed' and the sheets washed. Jim even covered his nose and mouth then lit some sage incense in the old storage room. He opened the doors to the balcony, aired the place as much as he could, then showered and changed. When it began to grow dark, he closed the doors and started cooking one of Blair's aromatic recipes. He was so absorbed in his tasks that he jumped a mile when the phone rang.

"Jim? It's Simon." A pause. "Sandburg's just left. He... he asked me to call you to make sure you were okay."

"Is he all right, Simon? Are you?"

There was a long sigh on the other end of the phone. "We talked. I don't know if it cleared the air between us. I tried to explain, but I can't say that I'm sorry about what happened. I know it's selfish, but it's been so long since I felt... something." Simon hesitated. "I don't think he'll ever forgive me for turning to you, though, and that I do regret."

"I know, Simon, I know." Now it was Jim who sighed. "Did Blair say what time he'll be back or where he was going?"

"No. Sorry, Jim - he just said that you should eat something and try to sleep - he'll see you in the morning. He really cares about you, you know? A real 'mother hen'.... Are you going to be all right?"

"Yeah, Simon, I'll be fine." Liar! Jim thought.

"I know you're both due in tomorrow, but under the circumstances, Blair said he wanted the day off and I agreed. If you need time to work this out, you have it. Take the day. I'll expect you in on Monday. Just... take it slow, okay? And let me know how things go."

"Thanks, Captain, I will." Jim put the phone down, turned and carried a plate of food he'd prepared over to the couch. He switched on the TV, just for the illusion of someone else being in the loft. Neither the program nor the food really appealed. All he wanted was to hear Blair's heartbeat outside the door and his key in the lock. His emotions spun between guilt and anger, though whether he was angry with himself for doing the deed with Simon, or for getting caught, he wasn't totally sure. And that made him feel even guiltier. He knew how badly he'd damaged Blair's trust in him and he cursed himself.

After a while, he realized he'd just been moving the food around the plate, so he stood and scraped it into the trash, then turned down the lights and lay on the couch facing the flickering screen. A few restless minutes later, he went up the stairs to their bedroom and lifted the pillow Blair slept on. Jim pressed his face to it, inhaling his partner's scent, then he carried it downstairs and lay back down, using the colorful throw to cover himself and resting his face against the pillow. He barely noticed the soft tears that fell from his eyes.

He awoke to find his cheek being caressed.

"Come on, Tough Guy, let's get you up to bed." Blair had his arm around Jim's waist and was trying to help him stand.

"Chief? You came back?" Jim looked round, disoriented. "What time is it?"

"Yes, I came back. I promised, didn't I? Now come on, it's just turned 4am. You know you'll end up with a stiff neck if you spend the rest of night down here," Blair panted, as he assisted the slightly groggy Jim to his feet.

Jim pulled away and looked at his Guide. His eyes were puffy and Jim thought he could detect a slight smell of salt. "Blair.... Will you be joining me upstairs tonight?"

"Yeah, I guess so. The couch isn't that comfortable and somehow my old bed doesn't seem that inviting."

Jim flinched. That was a slap in the face if ever there was one.

"You want the bathroom first, man? I'll just grab a glass of water and then lock up." Blair headed for the kitchen and Jim for the bathroom. He wanted to ask Blair where exactly he'd been for the past... what, six, seven hours? Blair's voice was... rough, and when Jim had caught a glimpse of his partner's knuckles, they seemed red and swollen. The cop in him screamed to know, but somehow Jim felt he didn't have that right anymore, if ever he had. Blair never appreciated being treated like a child. Even tracking Blair's movements around the loft seemed like an intrusion, but he just couldn't help himself. His senses were acting up, drawn to the sight, sound, and smell of his Guide.

He sighed, finished up and opened the bathroom door, wiping his hands and face as he stood in the doorway. "Simon called." Jim waited for a reaction. Nothing. "Asked if I wanted tomorrow off, since you weren't going in." Still nothing. "What do you think, Chief? Do you want me around?"

"I think that's a good idea, Jim. We both should know by now that being apart, and not communicating, just makes things worse." Blair's voice dropped really soft and low. "Mind you, getting James Joseph Ellison to communicate is hard work."

"Hey, I heard that!"

"Good! You were meant to!" Blair walked over to the bathroom. "One other thing, I don't want to have sex with you tonight."

"Ahh, Chief..."

"No, Jim. I don't mean it as some twisted revenge... well, maybe I do, but seriously, after all that's happened, I don't know about you, but I'm too tired." He half smiled. "I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not in the mood." He brought up his hand and stroked Jim's face, feeling the smooth skin where his lover had just shaved. Jim leaned into the touch. "I still love you, I don't think I can ever stop, but right now I don't trust you and until I can look at you and not see you and Simon together, let's just leave it, okay?"



Half an hour later, they lay on their backs in the large bed, in the dim light of the room, staring up at the ceiling, both of them aware that the other hadn't gone to sleep.

Jim cleared his throat. "Simon said he didn't think you'd ever forgive him."

"Yeah? Well, there's a lot to forgive. What brought on his need to connect anyway?"

"Didn't he tell you?"

"No, not really. We danced around the subject. It has to be more than Daryl and work, right?"

"He had a letter. Standard form really, from higher up, asking if he'd ever considered early retirement."

"What?!" Blair turned towards his partner, even though he couldn't actually see much of him in the semi darkness, and leaned his head on his hand.

"Yeah. A couple of days ago at his medical, the doc gave him a lecture about his stress levels, blood pressure, the cigars, the whole works. Then this form arrives. He thinks the two are linked, some sort of budget/healthcare/cost saving exercise. The final straw was when he realized that he hadn't picked up on Megan and Rafe."

"That's been going on for months."

"I know. It started him wondering what else he'd missed - that maybe he's getting old and tired. Then to crown it all, a so-called 'old friend' let slip that Joan has a new young lover and she looks better than they've ever seen her."

"Ouch! So you thought of a way to make him feel more appreciated." Somehow Blair couldn't help himself; he just had to pick at the wound.

"Chief, it wasn't like that. It just seemed to happen. I didn't deliberately set out to hurt you."

"Simon said he regretted turning to you and that it wouldn't happen again." Blair turned to stretch out on his back again.

"It won't, Blair, you have my word. I need you."

"You mean The Sentinel needs his Guide."

"No. I mean yes, this Sentinel does need his Guide, but I, Jim Ellison, need you, Blair Sandburg. Always have, always will." He paused. "Are you still angry?"

Blair sighed, "No, I'm way too tired to be angry."

Jim turned towards his lover. "Can I at least hold you? I don't think either of us will sleep like this." He waited for what seemed like an age, then,

"Okay, I guess I need a hug - but that's all, right, man? Don't go getting any ideas. It's late and I'm tired."

"That's all, Chief. I can't give you my dick's word though, but if he starts to take an interest, just ignore him, okay?"

"Always knew he had a mind of his own." Blair moved closer, turning so his head rested on Jim's chest. "Well, tell him not to start something I'm not going to help him finish. If 'Big Chief' can keep quiet, so can 'Big Jim'."

"Go to sleep, babe."

"Yeah, Jim." Blair yawned. "I love you," he whispered. "Just give me some time to process."

"I love you too, Blair." Jim wrapped his arms round his lover, and as he drifted off to sleep, prayed silently to any deity that might take care of insensitive Sentinels and their Guides, that they could get through this.



Jim woke up in one of his favorite positions, snuggled up to his partner, with his growing erection rubbing against Blair's ass. The clothing that they wore to bed was no hindrance to Jim's sensitive cock. He started to tighten his hold and leaned in to nuzzle Blair's neck when he remembered the past day's events and carefully released his partner, moving out of their bed as gently as possible to avoid waking his sleeping lover.

Blair sighed in his sleep and turned over, missing his human body warmer. He pulled Jim's pillow into a hug and went right back to sleep.

Jim waited a moment, just in case Blair woke up, then grabbed his robe and went down the stairs. It was past 11am, too late for breakfast, too early for lunch. Normally he'd try and coerce Blair into going for donuts or some sticky pastry, but today he'd better try and get on the good side of his mate, starting with coffee.

The rich smell began to percolate round the loft and Jim heard Blair's heart rate move from sleep to wake mode.

"Coffee, Sandburg?" he called out.

A sleepy voice said softly, "Oh, yeah, man."

Jim hesitated. "You want me to bring it up?"

"No, it's all right, Jim. I'll come down."

Blair came down the stairs a minute later, scratching his head and yawning. To his partner watching, he looked almost edible, clad in a bathrobe that seemed at least one size too big.

"Thanks, man." Blair took the mug offered him and went to sit down, nursing his mug between both hands. He took a deep sniff of the dark liquid. "Oh, that smells soooo good." He took a sip. "Tastes wonderful too."

"Sweet talker." Jim smiled and got a grin back in return.

"Come on over, Jim, and sit down. We still need to talk."

Here we go, Jim thought, as he sat opposite his partner and nursed his own mug, studying its depths. He really didn't want to have this conversation all over again but he knew Blair would want to, and he wouldn't get anywhere by denying his lover something so important. When he raised his eyes, he saw Blair appraising him over his own mug.

"So, Jim," Blair leaned over and placed his mug down on the table, then sitting back. "What are you willing to do to make our relationship work?"

"Me? I thought there were two of us in 'us'." Jim went on the defensive. Was this a taste of things to come? Is he going to keep making me jump through hoops for one really stupid mistake?

"There are. I know what I'm willing to do, anything and everything, counseling, sex toys, love potions, whatever it takes. Did you ever go into counseling with Carolyn?"

"We discussed it." Jim shifted uncomfortably. "But in the end Caro thought I was unlikely to open up to anyone. At the time I guess she was right. Is that what you want us to do?"

Blair picked up his mug. "Suppose I want you to resign from your job?" He raised the drink to his lips.

It's all an act, Jim was thinking. He's as nervous as I am, but when he looks at me with those baby-blues, I don't know whether to be shit scared or just turned on. Maybe a bit of... Resign?

Jim gaped at the younger man. "You want me to stop being a cop? Is that some half-baked idea to keep me away from Simon?"

Blair shook his head, his curls bouncing around his face. "That's not what I said. If I thought that leaving the force would keep us together... " he spelled it out "... would you?"

Jim frowned. "I don't know what else I'd do." He paused, seriously considering the idea. "Security work wouldn't suit me. Consulting? No, I need to get my hands dirty every now and then. You wouldn't want me to rejoin the military. I honesty don't know, Chief. Maybe I could go private, James Ellison, PI." He smiled a little. "You think I'd look good in a trench coat?"

Blair smirked. "You look good in anything or nothing at all." He shook his head again. "No, anything other than law enforcement would be a waste of your talents. 'Protect and Serve' - that's what you do, with a healthy bite of 'Duty and Courage'. I just wanted to know what you would say if that's what I wanted." He stood, looking down at Jim. "You want to go out for some food? I'll even give you first dibs on the bathroom again." He picked up both mugs and carried them towards the kitchen.

Jim blinked and shook his head. "You wanted to know..." His voice trailed off.

"Yeah, shake you up a bit. Come on, man, bathroom, remember? Before I change my mind. Get with the plan, this body wants pastry."

Jim sighed. The Sandburg Zone. Why fight it? Just go with the flow, it's a lot less painful in the long run.

"Don't forget to leave me some hot water, Jim." Blair's voice sang out.

"Isn't that my line, Chief?" Jim heard Blair's answering chuckle.

Ten minutes later, Jim came out toweling his hair. The towel seemed rough on his skin.

"Finished, my friend? Good. Won't be long." Jim felt Blair's body lean into his as the smaller man squeezed past him and through the doorway. The Sentinel shivered slightly and then went up to their bedroom to get dressed. He tried not to think about a naked and wet Blair. Not an easy task when he could so easily hear the water and Blair's hands running over his hairy body. Jim groaned - enhanced senses could be a pain in the butt, not to mention other areas.

He got dressed and was downstairs as the bathroom door opened and a naked Blair streaked up the stairs. Jim steeled himself not to watch. "I thought I might give Simon a ring. He asked me to let him know that you were okay."

"Go right ahead, Jim. Tell him we'll see him tomorrow."

Jim dialed the number that would connect him directly with Simon's office. Simon picked up on the second ring.

"Banks."

"Hi, Simon."

"Jim, how are things? Did Sandburg get home?"

"Yes he did, Captain, at around 4am."

"How is he?"

"He's... calm, well, almost buoyant in fact."

Simon Banks laughed. "And you were expecting an eruption. So now you're bewildered."

Jim chuckled. "Well, yeah, a bit."

"Relax, Jim. He's got you right where he wants you, deep in Sandburg territory."

Jim's grin widened. "He said we'll see you tomorrow."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" asked his boss.

"Hell, I'm as confused as you are, Captain."

"Right. Tomorrow, Ellison, bright and early!"

"Yes, sir."

"Ready, Jim?" Jim felt a light stroke over his ass as Blair walked by, to get his keys and coat. Go with the flow, Jim reminded himself as he followed his partner out the door.

"Sandburg, where DID you go last night?" he asked as they made their way down the stairs, with Blair in front, taking the stairs two at a time.

His voice came floating back up the stairwell. "Well... truth be told, when I left you, I still felt like kicking the crap out of Simon and then coming back and fucking you through the mattress, maybe tying you up and branding you. I also thought of using a male chastity belt and cock ring on you, but then that would have caused problems at work. If there's one thing this has taught me, it's what a possessive little shit I am when it comes to you! I don't want anyone around what's mine and that includes your cock and your ass."

Jim was having trouble following this conversation. God, does he know just what he does to me? I'm going to have a permanent hard-on at this rate He adjusted himself in his jeans. They were getting a mite too tight.

"You know, Jim." Blair's voice carried back up. "You're going to have to work on that brain-to-mouth issue. When the blood goes to your cock, the messages to your vocal cords tend to dry up."

Jim bristled. "Okay, smart ass, just what stopped you?"

"Hmmm? Oh, the latter or the former?" They'd reached the street and the main entrance to the building. "I decided kicking Simon wasn't such a good idea and claiming you, while still a possibility, would have resulted in at least one of us getting physically hurt, at least then."

"So where did you go?" The detective persisted.

"I ended up at Mike's. He has this way cool computer game where you can knock the shit out of a bunch of bad guys and cops. Got rid of a lot of my aggression, I can tell you. Danish or bagels?"

"For seven hours?" Jim sounded incredulous. "Emm, Danish."

"No, not all the time. It did occur to me that I could maybe seduce Mike as a form of revenge, but -" he looked at Jim and his voice dropped real low in deference to the other people as they walked into the shop. "- to be honest, I only wanted you. Anyway, that wouldn't have been fair to Mike."

No, because I might have killed him, Jim thought and then shook himself. Somehow he didn't think Blair would appreciate that idea. "So what did you do the rest of the time?"

There was no answer from his lover. "Blair?"

But Blair just smiled.

They paid for their purchases and stood outside. Jim decided to try and lighten the mood. Maybe later he could get an answer from his partner about where he'd been. "So Chief, what do you want to do today since we both have the day off?"

Blair looked at his partner and frowned. "I was wondering, you know how stress upsets your senses - you haven't said anything about them. No problems? No spikes or anything?"

Jim looked away. "I've had too much on my mind to be conscious of anything much, except... " I can't seem to get my mind off you.

"Except...? Come on man, if there is a problem we both need to work on it."

"They all seem to be fully focused on you," Jim replied reluctantly.

Blair's frown deepened. "What do you mean? Just how 'focused'?"

"I can't really explain it better. Sight, sound... smell... touch... all seem to be drawn to wherever you are. Luckily the combination seems to be preventing me from zoning. Everything else seems slightly out of whack somehow. I'm aware of what's going on around me. I just seem more aware of you." He caught his Guide's gaze and for a moment allowed himself to get lost in the blue of his eyes.

Blair was very still. "Sounds to me like you're in love, Jim," he whispered, slowly smiling.

Jim grinned and replied, equally as softly, "Well, Darwin, I knew that!"

"So," said Blair, rubbing the crumbs from his hands, suddenly all business. "No sensory spikes or anything?"

Jim watched the crumbs fall to the ground. "No. Maybe the reaction hasn't settled in yet."

Blair looked puzzled. "Reaction to what?"

"To losing you."

Blair sighed, "You haven't lost me, man. The fact that I'm standing here should make that fact clear even to you, Detective."

"Don't push it, Sandburg." Jim smiled.

"I could say the same to you, man. So how about we go somewhere quiet, like take a ride out of the city, and do a run through your senses. Wouldn't want something to come back and bite us when we least expect it, right?"

Jim groaned theatrically, "Right, Chief." They climbed into his truck and started off.



Apart from having really hot sex with Jim, exploring the surrounding National Park with Jim was one of Blair's favorite activities - well, on the rare days that the sun shone. The peace and quiet away from the city seemed to soak into both their souls, leaving Jim looking less tired, younger and more relaxed, unless a terrorist, escaped convict, or psychopath (or all three) intruded on them. Peace and quiet seemed the ideal way to carry out the vague idea he had to get their relationship back on track.

Blair had spent a lot of time thinking last night. He hadn't spent all the time at Mike's. After his visit to Simon, Blair had gone to the boxing gym and taken his pain and anger out on a punching bag. He'd been almost alone in the gym, just him and the old caretaker who had his TV on in the back. No one to see the tears that Blair quietly shed. Not that he'd ever tell Jim or anyone else that. He wanted, at first, to give Jim and Simon as much pain as he himself felt. So he'd gone around to Mike's, that way he could truthfully tell Jim that's where he'd been. Not that he intended to fuck Mike; his friend was as straight as they came, though he'd be lying if he said that it hadn't crossed his mind.

However, for a lot of the night, he had just driven around, finally crashing, metaphorically speaking, at a pit stop when he couldn't keep his eyes open any more, and he'd awoken in the early hours of the morning determined both to remind Jim of what they had together, and to stop his mate from ever straying again. Fidelity was a word Blair hadn't used much until he and Jim got together. Oh, he always tried not to get involved with more than one woman at a time, but sometimes he just slipped up. Since Jim, though, there had been no one else. He didn't want anyone else, and thought his partner felt the same.

He had tried to rationalize what he'd walked in on, even to the point of imagining the sequence of events that led up to Simon riding Jim's cock. How long did it take? How did they get from one beer and talking to...? But he couldn't go on with those thoughts. They hurt too much. He wondered if he had felt the same if he'd had a serious relationship with Sam or Maya. Would he have felt so betrayed? He didn't think so. What he had with Jim was far more than anything he had with anyone else, ever. He couldn't even imagine life without Jim now.

He remembered a conversation he'd had with Naomi. His mother had just finished with another boyfriend and she and Blair were on the move, again. "Detach with love," she'd told him. "It's better in the long run. Women, Sweetie, fall in love and then have sex, men have sex and then fall in love. But after a while, they start to look the other way, for someone younger, taller, shorter... whatever. You need to get out while it's all still fresh and exciting, before the rot sets in." She seemed to remember to whom she was talking. "I still have hope, Blair, that there's someone out there worth staying around for, but men are led by their penises. Just remember when you grown up, think with this," she tapped his forehead, "and with this," she placed her hand over his heart, "and don't hurt the one you love by screwing around."

"What if the person I fall for cheats on me, Naomi? What if I don't want to detach?"

"Oh, darling, then you have to decide if this person is worth fighting for, worth hurting over, if there's anything worth saving. Only you can decide that, and you just have to pray to every deity that you're right."

And it was worth saving, worth fighting for, deities not withstanding. Jim was his and his alone and it was high time Jim learned that. They just had to work their way through this. The difficult part, as far as Blair could see, was finding the right balance between teaching his lover and driving him away.

Deep in his musings Blair barely registered Jim pulling up to a convenience store to pick up something to eat for later. He reached over and slipped a tape in the deck as Jim climbed back in the driver's side. Music began to fill the interior, Santana; Blair shook his head at his lover's grin. One day I really should sort out the tapes in here!



The road was nearly empty and they reached a good, quiet spot within a short time. Jim pulled off the road and parked the truck.

"So," said Blair, climbing out of the truck, and coming round to his partner's side. "We'll just run through each sense in turn. Nothing complicated. You know the drill. Relax. Take a deep breath. Focus first on your sight." He placed his hand flat on Jim's back to help ground him and felt his Sentinel relax. "Good. Now reach out and tell me what you see."

After a moment, Jim shook his head. "It's not working, Chief. I can't concentrate." Frustration was evident in his voice.

"It's all right, Jim. Just take a few more deep breaths and try again."

With his Guide's help, the Sentinel concentrated on one sense after the other, but each time Blair had to prompt and encourage him, pushing Jim's senses outwards.

"Now, Jim, we'll try something a little different. Open your mouth and stick out your tongue. Let the air filter over it."

"Let me guess, a taste test."

"Right on, man," Blair laughed. "Just humor me, then tell me what you've picked up. Remember the papillae, that's the taste buds to you, go all the way back."

Jim stuck his tongue out even further and Blair laughed again. "Oh man, I wish I had a camera! You should try yoga again Jim. There's this posture where you stick your tongue right out..." That earned him a glare, which didn't quite work as his partner still had his tongue stuck out of his mouth.

The Sentinel turned back to the job in hand and turned his dial up for taste. The warm wind in this sheltered spot blew across him, sending little messages to his brain.

"Sweet, fresh, green stuff," he volunteered, taking a swallow. He tried again, licking his lips, "Oh, eugh! That's foul... bad... some sort of chemicals, or oil... motor oil."

"Hmmm, the wind must be blowing across from that gas station we passed." Suddenly Jim spun round and grabbed Blair's hand, licking the palm. "What the... what are you doing, Jim?" Blair's voice came out as a squeal.

"Gotta take the taste away," Jim said between licks. "Mmmm, sweat, salt, and, beneath it all, pure Blair."

Blair grinned and said huskily, "Very good, babe. You aced every test I gave you, but I think you cheated on the last one." Then a moan escaped him as Jim turned Blair's hand over and began to draw each finger in and out of his mouth, imitating a much more intimate gesture. The younger cop stood still, stunned by the feelings racing through him, and Jim peeked up through his lashes to make sure his lover was okay with this. He could tell Blair was turned on and he wasn't pushing Jim away....

He pulled Blair to him. "Need more," he whispered and buried his head into the sensitive spot where his lover's neck joined his shoulder. Blair automatically leaned back his head, giving Jim better access.

"Jim, we're in the open on a main road," he whispered urgently, even as his hands moved to his partner's body to pull him closer.

"No one's around for miles, Chief. And so what if there were?" Jim sucked and nibbled while his hands explored his lover's newly toned, firm body. For a moment, Blair tried to straighten, to pull away and get his breath back, but his own body rebelled and he leaned up against the truck, allowing his mate to do what he wanted. The truth was he wanted this as much as Jim.

Suddenly Jim dropped to his knees and pulled Blair's groin towards him.

"JIM!"

The Sentinel took a deep breath and moaned. "Want you, need you now." He gently pushed Blair through the open truck door and on to the seat, his legs dangling. Jim moved between them. He deftly undid the button on his lover's jeans, pulled the zipper down and leaned in, breathing through Blair's briefs, sending pulses of pure pleasure and desire through Blair's body, right back to his groin. "Oh yeah, that's good..." In the back of his mind, Blair thought that maybe he should stop this, it wasn't part of the plan, but hey, he was flexible.

"Oh God, Jim," he groaned.

"Do you want me to stop, Sandburg? Tell me now, because another minute and your cock's mine," Jim whispered hungrily.

Blair looked down and saw the look of pure heat in his mate's eyes. He knew his own eyes carried the same message. "You stop now, Ellison, and you're history," he panted out.

His jeans and briefs were pulled down together and his cock jumped as it was exposed to the air, sending a shiver along his spine, followed quickly by a flush of fever as Jim's mouth engulfed the head of Blair's penis. Blair's hands moved to Jim's head, his hips trying to thrust up into that invitingly warm cavity, but his partner's hands prevented him, holding his hips still.

Jim pulled back a little and began licking his partner's cock as though it were a popsicle, from base to head, slowly licking under the crown then over the slit at the top, causing Blair to scream out loud. Fearing for his eardrums, the Sentinel left the cock with a kiss and started concentrating on his Guide's balls, sucking and leaving the skin wet with saliva.

Blair was in meltdown. If anything remotely coherent came out of his mouth, he'd have been amazed. Every brain cell was focused on what Jim's very talented mouth was doing. Then Jim began to caress Blair's perineum with his fingertips as he deep-throated him. Blair couldn't hold on and came, shooting his cum down his lover's throat. Jim swallowed every last drop, then carefully cat-licked the sensitive, softening cock clean.

When Blair could breathe again, he moaned softly, "Man, you've killed me." He sat up slowly and gazed at his partner. Jim's own jeans were open, but a large wet patch at the front of his briefs indicated that Blair wouldn't be able to reciprocate for a while. He pulled his briefs and jeans up, carefully.

Jim was blushing. "I couldn't hold on, Chief. You've been driving me crazy all morning. When I tasted your cum, I..." His voice trailed off and he fumbled to fasten up his own jeans to help cover his embarrassment.

Blair smiled at him and reached out to stroke his lover's face. "Everything together, Jim my man, everything," he repeated softly. "Let's find somewhere to get you cleaned up and then eat. You've pretty much cleaned me up yourself." He eased over to the passenger side and did up his fly, smiling as Jim climbed in the driver's seat a bit stiffly, pulling his own jeans away a little from the wet patch.

"We passed a rest stop a short way back. I can clean up in the port-a-potty cabin there," he said.



Blair waited at one of the picnic tables dotted around the area while Jim took advantage of the conveniences. He unwrapped the sandwiches Jim had bought earlier and stretched. "Can you believe it," he said as he saw his lover approach, "two dry days in a row. Must be a record!"

Jim smiled. "It'll be getting dark by the time we get home, Chief, any plans for tonight?" Though their little session had seemed satisfying for them both, Jim was sure he hadn't been forgiven and didn't want to push his luck.

"I don't have anywhere I need to be, Jim. What about you?" Blair was the picture of innocence.

Jim shook his head. "We've got those steaks in the fridge, and some salad. We could eat in... see if there's a game or something on the TV?"

"Sounds like a plan, my friend, though I reserve the right to make some changes later."

Uh oh, thought Jim. "If there's something else you'd rather do, Blair, just say so."

Blair just gave him a large grin and stuffed the last of his sandwich in his mouth.



Once back in the city and near home, Blair asked Jim to pull up outside a pharmacy. "We need some more lube," he said simply.

"Babe, we have tubes in nearly every room."

"I know, Jim, but I threw out the one you used with Simon."

"Oh."

"Why don't you head back to the loft and put those steaks on. This won't take long and I'll pick up some beer - or would you prefer wine for a change? Then I'll walk back."

Jim considered. Beer was fine for their 'normal' life, but today had been decidedly abnormal even for Cascade's Sentinel and Guide. "Wine," he said firmly.

"Good. Red meat, red wine." Blair chanted as he shut the door. Jim shook his head and drove back.



By the time the steaks were eaten and two glasses of wine drunk, Jim was feeling almost mellow. Blair, on the other hand, seemed more thoughtful and restless. He stood up and started carrying the dishes they'd used to the kitchen. Jim sighed, got up and helped clear the table. He had to smile to himself; he was the one who usually objected to dirty dishes lying around.

As Blair began rinsing the dishes through, his lover slipped his hands round Blair's waist and began nuzzling his neck. Blair put the dish down and turned in his partner's arms. "Hi, Jim," he said softly, putting his own arms around Jim's waist.

"Hi, yourself. You want to leave those and come to bed?" Jim returned to his nuzzling.

"Wow, James Ellison suggesting we leave dirty dishes! What have you got in mind?"

"Anything and everything, babe," Jim purred into his lover's ear.

Blair pulled back. "That's the second time you've promised me anything."

"And I meant it."

"In that case, you can finish the dishes..." Blair lightly kissed the sweet lips hovering near his own, "... while I go take a shower." He moved out of the stunned cop's embrace. "We'll both enjoy the evening more if I'm completely clean," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"We could shower together..." Jim ventured.

"Not this time, Jim, or the evening'll be over before it starts." Blair disappeared into the bathroom.



Blair couldn't help but grin as he stood under the shower. For once, he knew exactly what he wanted from Jim and how he was going to get it! He allowed himself to enjoy the images that ran through his mind, caressing his body as he did... imagining what he could do to Jim... picturing Jim's body under his own. His hand slid over his cock, the water mixing with precum to lubricate the action. He started pumping, his hand snug around his cock. His breathing became ragged. God, Jimmmmm! and he came hard, his stomach flexing.

Leaning up against the wall, panting heavily, he considered his partner's enhanced hearing. Jim had probably heard him jacking off. "It's all right, Jim," he said, in a slightly rough tone of voice, feeling sure Jim was still tuned into him and could hear him over the sound of running water. "I just want to make tonight special for us both - I don't want to have to rush things." He thought he heard a loud groan from the other room, and, smiling, he finished washing before the water ran cold.

He came out of the room clad in a bathrobe, to see Jim sitting on the stairs waiting. Blair sent his lover into the bathroom with instructions to "clean yourself thoroughly." They both knew this meant Blair's tongue would be exploring Jim's body tonight (and hopefully vice versa) and didn't want anything to mar the experience for either of them.

Meanwhile, Blair went into his old room and the small trunk that lay padlocked and half-hidden by books. During the time they'd been together, the two men had ventured into the more vanilla type of sex shops and bought the odd sex toy for each other - though Blair's choice was usually more inventive than Jim's. They'd also indulged in mild sex games, including some light bondage. Both men found the lack of control such games presented difficult to deal with, though Blair, once he relaxed, found being tied helpless to the bed by Jim very erotic. Being the lover of a Sentinel had many benefits. Blair had tied Jim up a few times, but it always took his lover a long time to relinquish that much control.

Strange really, Blair thought, he gives me control over his senses, trusts me with his life, but not with his pleasure. He pushed the books away and took out the key to unlock the trunk. Well tonight is going to be different. Tonight I'm taking back what's MINE. Inside was a selection of dildos and butt plugs, colorful feathers and gloves made from different materials, but Blair moved these aside. He had something else in mind.



By the time Jim had finished in the bathroom and started climbing the stairs, Blair had everything ready in their room. He watched as Jim stared at the bed.

"Blair, you know how I feel about this." Jim waved his hand at the apparatus lying at the top of the bed.

"Trust me, Jim. 'Anything', remember? I promise, you will enjoy this. Now take off your robe and lie on your back." Jim looked for a moment as though he would refuse, then he lay down without another word. Blair sighed with a mixture of relief and desire.

"You have such a great body, man." He climbed on the bed and ran a hand lightly over Jim's chest. "Toned, hard and beautiful," he whispered. He looked at the blush that was fast spreading over his lover's face and body. "Beautiful," he repeated as the older man scoffed. "Now raise your arms."

The apparatus Blair had chosen had two soft leather cuffs that he carefully fastened around Jim's wrists. The cuffs were attached to two long woven cords. These in turn passed through a nifty little gadget they had found in a DIY store. It allowed the bound person to be turned over without being untied. The cord was then tied to the railings behind the bed. It all gave the illusion of being secure, but the cuffs themselves had been designed with Velcro fastenings, easy to escape from in an emergency. Jim's ankles he left untied.

"We're going to do some more tests on your senses, Jim. I've got the little white noise generator, a blindfold, and a mask that fits over your nose and mouth. It won't interfere with your breathing, but it will help disguise different odors. Plus, I have this." Swinging from his fingers was Jim's leather cock ring. "I don't want you to come till I'm ready. However, if you have a problem with any of these things, tell me now. I really want to do this, but if you aren't comfortable with any of it, then we try something else."

"I trust you, Chief." Jim was rewarded by one of Blair's brightest smiles.

"Good. Now do you remember what we agreed would be your safe word?"

Jim nodded. "Wolf."

"Good. If you need to use it, I'll stop whatever I'm doing immediately and release you, but unless there's an emergency, I'm kinda hoping you won't want to use it. Simon tasted something of mine, and tonight I want it back."

Jim swallowed, his heart rate accelerating and his eyes darkening, as Blair looked down the length of his body lying on the bed. "You and Simon, you both used condoms, didn't you. No tears or uncovered blow-jobs?" Blair's hands were lightly skimming over Jim's chest, making it difficult for the big guy to concentrate.

"Er, yes, and no. Yes, we used condoms, no, there were no tears."

"And with your enhanced senses, you would have noticed, wouldn't you." Not a question, Blair was stating a fact. Jim nodded anyway. "Then we're still okay to go bare." He lifted Jim's cock in his hand, and stroked his thumb over the head. It jumped slightly in his hand. "Beautiful," he said again. Carefully he fastened the cock-ring round it, securing Jim's balls away from the aroused organ, making sure the leather ensemble fitted comfortably, for the moment. Satisfied, he moved back to gaze at his lover's face.

"I want you to fill your senses with me, only me." He covered his mate's body with the sheet. "First, sight and odors. I'm going to put these ear plugs in and I want you to watch me very closely." He carefully placed the plugs in Jim's ears and switched on the white noise. "Okay?" he mouthed the words.

Jim nodded.

Blair stood away from the bed but within his Sentinel's sight, and began to remove the robe he'd been wearing, slowly revealing his naked form. Then he began to run his hands over his body watching Jim through hooded eyes dark with desire. Jim couldn't take his eyes away from Blair's teasing performance; he breathed in deeply, inhaling the scent of Blair's own obvious arousal.

"You're wrong, Chief, it's you who's beautiful."

Blair grinned and climbed back onto the bed, bending over to kiss Jim with all the passion he could. Jim's lips opened and Blair plundered his mouth, exploring and charting, aware that Jim was trying to do the same. He caressed Jim's tongue with his own, then moved to the soft flesh between the teeth and inner lips, moaning softly as he did. Then he pulled back and gently removed the earplugs, turning off the white noise apparatus. "All right, Jim?" he whispered.

"Oh, yeah."

"We'll try taste next. That kiss was just a hint. I'm going to blindfold you and put the earplugs back in. If there are any problems, use your safe word, right?"

Jim nodded. "Go for it, babe."

Careful not to catch Jim's short hair in the knot, Blair tied the silk blindfold round his partner's head.

"Can you see through it, Jim?"

"Just light and shadows."

"That's cool. Wait 'til the light changes. Hopefully you'll know when to start licking." Jim could hear the grin in his lover's voice. "Now the ear plugs again."

Satisfied that Jim was comfortable, Blair turned on the bed and straddled his partner's head, positioning himself so that his ass was an inch or so from his lover's mouth and nose. It was an awkward position to hold, but he reached round and held his asscheeks open, lowering himself a little and hoping Jim could tell what he wanted. He gasped as Jim's warm breath reached him and then Jim's tongue was there, teasing, and Blair lowered himself a fraction, seeking more of that exquisite sensation. He closed his eyes and heard Jim move his hands. There was just enough leeway in the cords that Jim could bring his hands to his shoulders and Blair felt his lover's hands on his ass, helping to hold him open, bringing him yet nearer to Jim's tongue. It was so good... so very good... too good. Blair pulled away gently and Jim's head fell back a little on the pillow, his tongue licking over his lips, still tasting Blair and breathing heavily.

Blair turned and placed his hand on Jim's face, keeping contact while he got his own breathing back under control. He removed his partner's earplugs.

"You have one talented tongue there, man. It should be," he took a ragged breath, "registered as a lethal weapon."

"You trying to tell me you didn't like that, babe?" breathed Jim.

"Like it? That went so beyond 'like', Jim. What about you? You still okay?"

"Mmmm, you could say I'm really getting into this." He moved his unbound legs, drawing Blair's attention to the tented wet spot on the sheet.

Blair removed the light cotton sheet. Jim's cock was bathed in sweat and leather, but the crown had a small glistening pearl of cream covering the slit. Blair leaned over and licked it off, causing Jim to arch off the bed with a gasp.

Blair sat back. "Touch now, Jim, something we didn't really test in the wild. I'm going to cover your nose and mouth. Ready?"

"Blair, you do know you're killing me here."

"Ah, man, what a way to go!"

He gently kissed Jim's lips before covering them with the surgical mask.

"You're a feast for the eyes, Jim, you know that? I want to devour you." He kissed his lover's cheekbones, then his brow before he moved to Jim's ear. "A veritable banquet," he whispered before pulling on his partner's ear lobe with his teeth. He soothed it with his tongue then ran a finger lightly round the ear. He licked his lips and moved to the Sentinel's jaw, nipping and licking as he worked round to the other side of Jim's face and giving the other ear the same treatment.

Blair moved further down, latching on to Jim's Adam's apple. Jim was making these little noises, somewhere between a whimper and a moan. The sounds were driving Blair crazy. He moved on. He stroked his hands up Jim's arms. "Strong body, soft skin, silk over steel." He ran his fingers down Jim's body, over the sides of his rib cage, then followed that path with his mouth and tongue, taking care not to rub his own cock on his lover's body; he was already sweating with the effort of ignoring his own erection. Maybe he should have put his own cock ring on. Pulling back a minute, Blair reached down and gently but firmly squeezed the tip of his penis between three fingers. He took several deep shuddering breaths, and then returned to giving Jim his full attention.

He sucked and licked, teased and nibbled at each of Jim's nipples in turn, until they were hard peaks, then with a kiss to each, he moved even lower, marking a trail of wet kisses down his mate's body. Next it was Jim's navel which received the full treatment, Blair's tongue swirled round making it as wet as possible then he blew softly across it, causing Jim to shiver and his moans to turn to gasps, and Blair's own cock to jump. After allowing his hair to stroke over the Sentinel's cock, the Guide gave the lightest touch to the very sensitive spot just below Jim's balls. His lover was moving around the bed, as though he was experiencing tiny little earth tremors.

"Ah yes, please, Blair, yes, fuck me please." The words were muffled, but their meaning plain.

"Shush, Jim." Blair whispered, "Not long now, I promise." With a kiss to one side of the soft skin over Jim's pelvis, Blair began working down one leg, giving the inner thigh one long lick, stroking, applying little biting kisses here and there. Finally he climbed off the mattress and, walking down to the bottom of the bed, he took Jim's foot in his hands and began to nibble at the toes one by one. Jim's hands were white from gripping the sheets by his head; Blair could just make out the words, "God... Chief, what are you doing to me?" and he smiled.

"You like that, don't you."

Jim just groaned.

His tormentor ran his tongue up the sole of Jim's right foot. Jim had returned to making the little whimpering sounds and Blair moved to the other foot, giving it, and then - after climbing back onto the bed - Jim's left leg similar treatment, finally planting his kiss near Jim's groin. The body of his lover was covered in sweat and continually trembling, but this move to a slightly less sensitive part of his body took the edge off just a little. Blair climbed back onto the bed.

"Jim, I'm going to remove your masks and then I want you to turn over." Blair's own voice was rough and strained. It was getting difficult to string words together. He removed the mask from Jim's mouth and kissed him, drawing his lover's lower lip out and releasing it, then he removed the blindfold and placed a kiss on each eyelid.

"Still okay, my own? Still with me?"

Jim moaned. "You're killing me slowly... and you want me to talk?!" he panted.

Blair chuckled softly. "I'll take that as an affirmative. Let me turn you over."

He helped Jim turn onto his stomach. "Lift up a little so I can put the pillow under you." Jim did as instructed and Blair skimmed his hand down over Jim's back before climbing up the bed. He placed a kiss on top of his lover's head and then moved to the side of Jim's neck drawing the skin into his mouth and sucking. Then Blair bit hard, bringing the blood to the surface only to blow softly over the inflamed spot. "I'm marking you, Jim," he whispered. Jim buried his head in the pillow at the top of the bed and moaned into it.

Blair began to work his way down his lover's spine, stroking and kissing, till he reached the small of his back. Jim couldn't keep his hands or head still. "Nice," said Blair, "and so responsive." He pursed his lips and gave each ass cheek a gentle, sucking kiss. He ignored the area Jim so wanted him to touch and moved down to kiss the back of his lover's knees.

Finally he settled between Jim's legs and, leaning forward, blew gently over Jim's ass. Jim gasped and pushed his ass off the bed. Blair carefully pushed his lover back down and separated Jim's ass cheeks, and then he began rimming his mate's hole with his tongue. The muscle spasmed, opening and closing, winking at Blair, and he couldn't help tongue-fucking it.

He pulled back and wiped the sweat from his face. This was driving him crazy. He needed a distraction. Okay, let's go through the states; there's Washington... breathe, California... there's... a drop of sweat running down his body that I just have to lick... this is not working. He gave himself another sharp pinch but knew he couldn't hold on much longer. No way, though, would this Guide take his Sentinel without preparing him first. He reached for the lube and coated his fingers, then, trying not to rush, he inserted first one finger, then two. Jim was trying to push back, trying to fuck himself on Blair's fingers.

"Yes, oh yes. More. Want you. Please. Please."

Moving quicker, Blair stretched the muscle, adding three fingers. It wasn't really necessary to use three, Blair just wanted Jim to understand who was in control here. He changed the angle of his movements to stroke Jim's prostate. Jim cried out and practically lifted off the bed.

"Relax, Jim, breathe." Blair removed his fingers.

"Jesus, Blair, get on with it, pleeease!"

"I'm getting there, Jim."

He quickly coated his own cock and moved forward, entering Jim's willing body in one smooth stroke. He paused, panting. "I'm going to take you hard, Big Guy, as hard as I can, so you know to whom your body belongs and with whom you share it. Not Simon, only me." He pulled out a little and slammed forward. "Only me, got that? Only me. You be... long to... me." He pulled out and slammed forward again, grunting out, "Tell... me... Jim."

"Only... you." Jim's voice was strained.

"Again!" Blair almost shouted, the rhythm he'd established disintegrating along with his control.

"You... Only you. Yours."

"MINE!" Blair came with a scream on the last thrust.

He lay down on Jim's back trying to the air back in his body, waiting for reality to kick back in. "Give me a minute here, man, and I'll release you. You still with me? Did I hurt you?"

"I... I didn't realize you had such a possessive streak, Chief." He swallowed "I'm not sure how to handle it." Jim's breath was labored and erratic.

Blair eased out of his lover's body, giving a little sigh as the muscle again spasmed and Jim gave a small groan at the loss. He carefully climbed off the prone body and helped Jim turn over. The encased penis was swollen and an angry deep purple.

"Jesus, Jim," Blair exclaimed, "I wish you'd said something." He began to undo the leather fastenings and cautiously slipped the cock ring off, taking great care not to stimulate the Sentinel any further than necessary. Then he scooted up to the top of the bed and undid the cuffs, rubbing and kissing the inside of Jim's wrists. "I'm so sorry, man. That must be sooo painful."

"It's all right, Chief, you didn't hurt me. Sent me a little crazy, but I'm not hurt. Just give me a minute to calm down."

"Yeah, man, deep breaths." Blair picked up the tube. "Emm, Jim, we haven't quite finished here. I really don't want you to 'calm down' too much."

The detective looked at what his partner was toying with. Blair very gently squeezed some gel on to Jim's swollen cock and lightly smoothed it over. Jim clenched his fists. The lube was cool, which helped, a little.

"Now will you prepare me or shall I do it myself?"

Jim swallowed. "You'd better do it, babe. As soon as I put my fingers inside your tight little hole, I'm going to lose it big time."

"I have faith in you, man," Blair said as his fingers entered his own body. Jim groaned at the show his lover was putting on, panting and gasping at the sensations he was feeling as he finger-fucked himself. "Blair... " Jim warned him.

Blair opened his eyes and smiled. "Just making sure you were paying attention, my own."

He moved into position over Jim's cock, placed his hand around it and then lowered himself.

Jim's cock pushed against the muscle and then, as Blair's body accepted the invasion and gave way, Blair paused, as always amazed by the feeling of being so stretched and full. "God, Jim, that's... so... good." Blair's own cock started to show signs of renewed life. He began to push down, and a long heartfelt sigh escaped him. He pulled up then lowered himself, angling his body so that with every stroke Jim's cock rubbed against his prostate. He took hold of his cock and began to work it in time with his movements.

"Blair, babe, I can't hold on." Jim gripped his mate's hips and began to thrust, taking over the action.

"Then come for me, Jim, come inside me." Blair bit his lips. He was near the edge himself.

Jim's thrusts became stronger, deeper, then he froze, and screamed out "Blaaaair!"

Blair felt Jim's hot cum inside him and that sent him over spiraling into his climax. He came with Jim's name on his lips.

For a long while they lay there, Blair on top of Jim, too exhausted to move. Each sighed as Jim's cock left Blair's body.

"I should get something to clean us up," Blair said, still dazed and more than a bit sleepily.

"Nah." Jim reached for the edge of the sheet and wiped them both off. "Done."

Blair smiled. "You're the one with the heightened senses and the anal compulsions, man."

"Watch it, Chief," smiled Jim, "or you'll be lying on the wet spot."

"Go to sleep, Jim, we have to go into work tomorrow."

"Yeah, and face Simon." He paused. "Blair, have you forgiven me?"

"Forgiven, not forgotten."

"What about Simon?"

"Simon's not my lover," Blair raised his head. "You are. If you ever screw around again, Jim, you will wear that cock ring and chastity belt, and I'll throw the key away. You'll have to get the emergency room to remove it. I mean it, Jim, if you ever do something as... brainless as this again, I am sooo out of here, you hear me?"

"I hear you. It won't happen again. You have my word. Losing you is not an option." Jim nuzzled against Blair's hair.

"Good. I love you, you're mine and I'm yours. Got that?"

Jim stroked Blair's hair. "Loud and clear, babe, and we don't share."

"That's right, exclusive. Now go to sleep."

"Yes, Chief.... Blair, I do love you."

"Sweet dreams, my own," Blair whispered. He smiled, his brain already supplying him with Machiavellian ideas of how he could keep Simon on tenterhooks for a while. Be afraid, Simon, be very afraid.

"Love you too, Jim," he whispered.

~fin~



Return to Marion's Little Blue Book