Disclaimer: Pet Fly and Paramount own the copyright to The Sentinel and its characters. This piece of fan fiction was written solely for the love of the characters and to share freely with other fans. No profit is being made from the posting of this story.

Summary: A little scene from the life of an observer.



Blair - the Ever Resourceful

by Marion



Blair, swiftly and quietly, popped the top from the bottle and poured the cooking oil along the aisle, then he carefully stepped back, spinning a stand of magazines as he did.

He quickly hid at the end of another aisle, his heart pounding; all the while praying to whichever deity may be listening and watching out for observers shopping in the wrong place at the right time.

The sudden noise of the metal rack spinning caught the attention of the agitated gunman who swung around and automatically fired off a round.

The stand erupted in a shower of paper and metal.

With all his focus on the magazine stand, the gunman ran down the aisle...

...and lost his footing. He went skidding along, hitting his head as he went down, his gun flying from his grip and landing on the floor.

Blair picked up the bag of ice he had snagged ready and, as the man began to sit up, looking slightly dazed, Blair clubbed him around the head, knocking him out cold, just as Jim came up, gun at the ready. He kicked the robber's gun away.

Blair smiled at him. "I saw it on a 'Nash Bridges' episode. You've got to admire the style of 'The Don'!" He grinned broadly as Jim, shaking his head but smiling, slapped the handcuffs on the unconscious thief.



Return to Marion's Little Blue Book