Man From Uncle

 

 

The Locust Affair by Lady Ra/RAC  -- Illya/Napoleon, first time.  I beta for Lady Ra aka RAC, however, I did not beta any of her Man From Uncle stories, that was before my time. *g* But what I have come to expect from her in many fandoms is sheer fun, hot sex and an innovative plot.

"The Locust Affair" has all that and more. The plot is that THRUSH has invented a bizarre way to destroy America and U.N.C.L.E., but this time they are going to use those pesky little bugs known as locusts to do their dirty work. However, our two fair agents are not going to let this happen and are off to save the day. They fall in love in the process. {For all you William Shatner fans out there, he (or Mike Donfield, the character he played on MFU) makes an appearance in this story}. 

Read this, you will not be disappointed, I promise. And while you are at it, read her other Uncle fiction, it is also outstanding!

 

The Pandora's Box Affair  by Rosemary -- Illya/Napoleon, first time.  I first read this story as a zine novel, a friend recommended it to me at Media West Convention one year. Now, I had never seen one full episode of Uncle or read any MFU fiction, but this novel's unique plot and superior writing made me want more.

Set after the series ends, this story brings Illya and Napoleon back together first for U.N.C.L.E., later in their personal lives. In the past they had been lovers but it all fell apart when Napoleon was shot and nearly killed and had to leave U.N.C.L.E. as an agent. Illya continued on in the agency, but later left after an op went bad. Twenty years later they are reunited and this story borrows from the plot of the Man From Uncle reunion movie, but turns it on it's head. Illya may be a famous designer and Napoleon the owner of a computer firm, but that's where the similarities end. This is what should have happened in that movie.

Rosemary is probably my favorite author in multiple fandoms (Starsky & Hutch, Professionals, Harry Potter) because in every fandom she's ever written in all her stories are just exceptional. "The Pandora's Box Affair" is no exception. After all, who could write Illya with one testicle and really make you believe it? *g* This novel is a wonderful gift to every MFU fan out there who loves to read a first-class slash story.

 

The Mirror, Mirror Affair  by Nix -- Illya/Napoleon, first time.  When Napoleon is seriously injured on an op, Illya takes care of her partner -- in all ways.

An engrossing and emotional read about what true beauty actuality is and the ones who love you seeing the real you inside and out.

 

  Safe Harbor  by Kellie M. -- Illya/Napoleon, first time.  Kellie is one of my favorite writers in Due South fandom and has now found a niche in Man From Uncle fandom.

Napoleon and Illya are each other's safe harbor, but what happens when their relationship is changed by their desire for one another? A brilliant piece that is filled with wonderful characterizations from beginning to end.  I hear Napoleon and Illya in this story.

 

    Masks  by Cord Smithee -- Illya/Napoleon, first time.  Cord should be on everyone's MFU  recommendation list. He is a breath of fresh air in the fandom.

"Masks" deals with the usual relationship between Illya and Napoleon and how much they really rely on each other as partner's and friends. This story is unique as it involves an unusual sexual situation (nothing too kinky), but I will let you read for yourself to discover this charming and distinctively hot story.

 

    Window  by Katya Baturinsky -- Illya/Napoleon.  I always love a story where the POV isn't from the main characters, but from a third party. Katya shows us Illya and Napoleon as seen through another's eyes and that insight is profound. The story isn't very long, but it still packs a punch.