Chapter II

A large gong sounded and everyone pulled out their P-90’s prepared to shoot at any dangers. Out of the one of the doors in the corridor appeared a red haired man in a pointed hat, a shabby brown cloak and carrying several papers.

“I hate these late raids,” he muttered. “I hope Molly held some dinner for me! I must get home right now.” The team watched in amazement as the man threw powder into the nearest fireplace, seeming not to notice them at all. The flames turned green and the man appeared ready to walk into them.

“NO!” Daniel yelled and tackled the man to the ground.

The man looked up in surprise, “I say! Who are you? Why did you stop me from Flooing home?”

“Flooing home?” Sam asked curiously.

The man took them in and jumped to his feet. “OH Merlin! You’re muggles! How did Muggles get into here? OH dear!”

The team looked from one to the other and Jack helped Daniel up using the opportunity to brush him off, touching him as much as possible in the process. “Nice save.” He smiled at the archaeologist who ducked his head at the praise. Jack gave a little sideways smile at the reaction. “You’re on, Daniel.”

Doctor Jackson straightened out his glasses then approached the man cautiously. “I’m sorry if I shouldn’t have stopped you. But where we come from it looked like you were about to set yourself on fire. My name is Doctor Daniel Jackson, but you can call me Daniel. These are my teammates, Jack, Sam and Teal’c.” The rest of the team made small gestures as they were introduced. “We came through your Stargate downstairs.”

“I say, did you really? I’m in charge of that as a matter of fact, my department is, I should say. My name is Arthur Weasley and I work in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Department.”

“Our Daniel is an archaeologist and studies artifacts!” Jack tried to smile in a friendly manner and patted Daniel on the shoulder who looked up at him and smiled shyly.

“Really? Muggle artifacts?” Arthur fairly quivered with excitement.

“What is a muggle?” Teal’c asked in his deep baritone, commanding the man’s attention immediately.

“Non-magic folk, do you mean to tell me that you are indeed muggles and not wizards? I’ll have to obliviate your memories!” Arthur wiped out his wand, but Jack knocked it out of his hand.

“Whoa, there camper. Look, we don’t want any trouble, so don’t go pointing that over grown toothpick at us again.” Jack looked over the wand and bright showers of several sparks flew out the end and magical energy made his hair stand on end. Sam gasped and quickly took it from him to study it. She shook it several times, but nothing happened. Jack smirked smugly.

“You must have magical blood,” Arthur looked at Jack curiously. The team passed the wand around, but no one else could do it. Jack’s smugness only increased.

“Maybe it’s because of your download of Ancient knowledge,” Sam theorized.

Arthur dropped his papers, “You know Ancient Magic?” Jack shrugged.

“HEY DAD!” They all turned to see a red haired freckle face appear in the middle of green flames in the fireplace.

“HOLY SHIT!” Jack jumped back and the team members all took position ready to fire.

Arthur jumped in between them. “No! Don’t fire! This is my son, Ron!”

“But how?” Sam asked pointing to the fire.

“Magic right?” Daniel smiled. Arthur nodded. The team lowered their weapons and Jack called them into a huddle as Arthur went to speak to his son’s head.

“Okay Daniel, spill,” Jack ordered briskly.

“Jack, the entire culture is based on Magic. I mean it died off in our world, or the world as we know it. But here is really exists!” Daniel said excitedly.

“Aww, come on, be serious, that stuff is only in fairy tales, make-believe!” Jack shook his head. He loved Daniel, but sometimes he was so naïve.

“When I served with the Goa’uld there were many worlds were magic was believed and practiced.” Teal’c offered.

“But Magic? Come on, campers, throw me a bone here!” Jack frowned.

“Come on Jack, don’t you remember the magic of Christmas when you still believed in Santa Claus? Or what about the religion of Witchcraft that still exists today?!” Daniel urged Jack to believe him with a soulful look in his blue eyes that always got him his way. Jack melted and smiled half-heartedly.

“Okay, suppose you’re right, Daniel. What now?” Jack asked rubbing the back of his neck.

“Sir, if they can teach it to you then maybe we can use it in the fight against the Goa’uld!” Sam’ s green eyes shone with scientific excitement.

“Indeed, the Goa’uld do not believe in magic, but use the belief of it to enslave more primitive cultures.” Teal’c added to the conversation.

“Fine, we find out what we can then report back to base,” Jack nodded and then turned his attention back to Arthur who now had his face up to the flames where a red headed woman seemed to be encouraging him to invite them all home.

She stepped out of the fire and brushed off the soot. Smiling at them in a friendly manner she nudged Arthur sharply as she approached them. “Oh this is my wife, Molly Weasley. Molly, this is Jack, Daniel, Teal’c and Sam,” Arthur introduced politely, yet nervously.

“Oh, so very nice to meet you all. I’m afraid the Ministry is closed. Have you eaten? Would you like to come home to the Burrow with us?” Molly shook all their hands, looking rather astonished at the size of Teal’c.

“My Molly is a wonderful cook. We have loads of bedrooms. Most of our children are grown and moved out.” Arthur put an arm around his wife.

“Harry is bringing a date over, dear, but we’ll have plenty to go around. I insist,” Molly beamed.

“Um, how do we get there, cause there is NO WAY I’m walking through fire, um, no offense, Mrs. Weasley,” Jack tilted his hat while looking at the green flames nervously.

“Oh, I’ll portkey us over, dear, you go on ahead!” Arthur said excitedly. “Tell Dumbledore!” Molly nodded and disappeared into the flames. The team looked at Arthur as he took off his hat and cast a spell over it after prying his wand out of Sam’s grip. “Now, everyone grab a hold of the hat!”

Jack whistled as if to say, “We’ve got a live one here!” but since everyone else did it he did too, making sure to stand next to Daniel.

Daniel in turn used the excuse to lean slightly back into Jack. Arthur smiled at the two men; his Bill was gay, so he knew the signs of two men in love. He wondered how long it would take Molly to play matchmaker. He was still smiling as the crew of SG-1 yelled in surprise at the feeling of being pulled behind the navel before they all, with the exemption of Teal’c, fell into a heap in the front yard of the Burrow.

Jack was thrilled to have landed on top of Daniel and vice versa. “You okay, Daniel?” he asked.

“What?” Daniel asked looking up dazedly into the dark brown velvet eyes of Jack. The brown eyes smiled down at him.

“Are you okay?” Jack took his sweet time to get up then offered a hand to his resident linguist. Teal’c in the meantime was staring at the Burrow with Sam.

“Sir, you have to see this!” Sam urged, finally breaking the eye contact between the two men.

“Wow, did you build this with magic?” Daniel asked in awe.

“Yes, I know it’s not much but…” Arthur began.

“I’ve always loved it,” came a voice from behind them.

“Ah Harry! Molly said you were bringing a date. Where is …” Arthur stopped as a familiar blond stepped out of the shadows and Harry slipped his arm around his waist.

“You remember Draco?” Harry asked nervously.

“Harry, a word, please?” Arthur bit out grabbing the young man of around twenty by the arm and hauling him off to a few paces away.

“Um, hi,” Daniel broke into the awkward silence. The aristocratic blond turned away from the scene of the argument taking in the team. “I’m Daniel, this is Jack, Sam and Teal’c.”

“Draco Malfoy, you’re from America, aren’t you?” he shook their hands with grace. He bowed slightly to Sam, and gave Daniel the once over. Jack stiffened and Draco gave him the once over, too. He noted when he looked at Daniel Jack reacted possessively and that now that he was looking Jack over Daniel had moved in front of him. Draco smirked. “That’s my boyfriend over there, Harry Potter.”

Both men relaxed, and Daniel grinned. “So where in America did you say you were from?”

“Colorado,” Teal’c replied.

“Oh really? I think I went skiing in Vail once, nice views,” Draco said looking with concern over at Harry and Arthur who seemed to be done fighting.

“Arthur, doesn’t seem to be too fond of you,” Jack looked curiously at the handsome young blond in well made clothes.

“My father and he never cared for each other. The feuding continued between his son Ronald and me. When we graduated school I moved on, but apparently they did not. Luckily for me, Harry forgave me for my childish behavior in school.” Draco smiled fondly at Harry’s back. “I’m afraid dinner might be a tad awkward.”

“Did we come at a bad time?” Sam asked when Arthur, looking very red, and Harry, with lips pursed, returned.

“No, I was just surprised with Harry’s choice of company.” Arthur glared at Draco.

“Harry invited me. I was given to understand you loved him like a son and would welcome anyone who made him happy. Was this incorrect?” Draco asked smoothly.

Arthur didn’t reply, but turned to SG-1. “Molly is waiting, please follow me.” Harry took Draco by the hands and spoke to him softly. Draco nodded and Harry smiled leaning up giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. Jack and Daniel smiled at the young couple while Sam looked embarrassed. Teal’c raised an eyebrow then led Sam inside.