Chapter IV

“Yes sir?” Major Carter asked as she ran to Colonel O’Neill’s side.

“Tell me Carter how the hell is this possible if we are in a different dimension?” He pointed upwards to the constellations.

“Sir?” Carter asked in confusion.

“Carter these are the exact same constellations and star systems that I would be seeing from my backyard! How is that possible?” Jack growled.

“Astronomy isn’t my forte, sir. I’m sure there are differences, Sir, perhaps you need a telescope to see them. Was there something else, sir?” Jack shook his head not taking his eyes off the dark sky. He had watched the stars enough from his rooftop through his telescope to KNOW these were the same stars, which could only mean one thing. Somehow, someway they were still in their own dimension on their own planet. He marched inside to find Arthur Weasley. Luckily he was just coming down the stairs as Jack walked in.

“Arthur, can I speak with you outside please?” Arthur looked puzzled but followed his guest outside.

Jack pointed at the stars. “I know Astronomy, possibly better than anything else. This is my Earth and my dimension isn’t it? Somehow with your magic that Stargate at the Ministry of Magic is kept secret. I want to know what the hell is going on here!”

Arthur’s eyes went wide and he led Jack away from the house. “You don’t understand Jack, there are laws to protect all of us that can do Magic. It’s why the Ministry of Magic exists! I can’t tell you!”

“Look, you better start talking right now, Arthur, or I’m on the phone to my CO. He’s going to have a whole lot of questions as to why your government never told mine that you have a Stargate and wizards and witches who could fight on our side right here on planet Earth!”

“What?” Daniel stopped in his tracks with a cup of coffee in each hand. He’d intended to bring one out to Jack and had stumbled into the conversation.

“Daniel, the constellations and stars are the same. I’ll prove it to you,” Jack dialed home on his cell phone and his answering machine picked up as he handed the phone to Daniel.

“Oh my god,” Daniel began to gulp down his coffee.

“Spill it, Weasley,” Jack growled.

“I could lose my job for this!” Arthur hissed. “You must swear never to reveal what I’m about to tell you to anyone. We keep this dimension story going!”

“Oh my god, Jack’s right,’ Daniel gasped going to stand nearer to him and feeling the reassurance of Jack’s arm go around his shoulders.

“Easy there, Danny,” Jack smiled. “We promise Weasley, who’d believe us anyway, now, why all the secrecy?”

“Jack, Daniel surely you two can understand if the rest of the world knew that wizards and witches existed today what would happen? We’d be enslaved to perform our magic, or hunted down like in the Burning Times! My world risks extinction every day as more muggles breed with witches and wizards. Yes, I’m a pureblood as Malfoy is, but we are the exception, not the rule. I have nothing against muggles, fascinating people really, but if your world knew my world existed?”

“He’s right, Jack,” Daniel looked up into Jack’s eyes and saw the agreement there.

“I agree with you, Daniel, but Arthur we are in a battle to save this entire planet! We need your help! I’m sure we can keep your secret and keep the different dimension story going, but we need your magic to stop the Goa’uld!”

“Don’t forget the replicators!” Daniel added.

“Repleee- kators?” Arthur said worriedly.

“Metal bugs. Look Arthur we need your kind, desperately!” Jack yelled.

“Wait, Jack there’s something else we forgot. Arthur did any of your kind ever live in ancient times, like in Egypt?” Daniel asked excitedly.

“Yes, we’ve been around since the Ancients. They were our forefathers and keepers of the Ancient Magic!” Arthur said indignantly.

“The Goa’uld enslaved hundreds of ancient peoples from different cultures on our planet. They live on different planets right now throughout the entire galaxy! There could be hundreds if not thousands of other magical folk that don’t even know they are magical!” Daniel grinned as did Jack, but Arthur went pale. “We could even move you all to a different planet if you’d like where you’d never have to worry about being overrun by muggles again.”

“Oh dear Merlin, do you really think so? If that’s the case we must become allies to help find our lost brothers and sisters! A new world? Oh, I don’t know about that. Perhaps some of our younger people… I’ll talk to the Minister of Magic in the morning. We’ll have to set up formal talks, have a representative of our world on every trip you make through that Stargate. OH my!” Arthur began to walk around in circles muttering to himself as Jack and Daniel who were now smiling went back inside.

When Jack and Daniel were shown to their room, they discovered Draco and Harry asleep in the other bed. The room seemed to belong to Fred and George Weasley who had moved out and started a business of selling magical candy, Molly had told them. Jack laughed as Daniel’s eyes went wide at the thought of a “chocolate frog.”

The next morning Jack, Daniel and the rest of SG-1 were taken to meet the Minister of Magic. He was shocked to hear about SG-1 and the possibility of being relocated to another planet, though he agreed with Arthur that it certainly might appeal to their younger people. There was also some concern as to whether or not magic would work anywhere else, but on Earth. As decided on the way, the cover story of a different, yet very similar dimension was maintained. After a morning filled with negotiations the team was told by General Hammond that it was time to return to base.

The younger Weasley’s that they’d met and especially Harry and Draco did not want to see the team go. Jack, Daniel and Harry and Draco had bonded over the negotiations and the two wizards vowed to keep the secrets of the team members. Jack and Daniel promised to return for the wedding of the two wizards and Harry pressed a vial into Daniel’s hand with a wink before they went back through the gate. After they were greeted by the General , Jack cornered Daniel about what Harry had given him.

Daniel blushed and handed it to Jack. The man was surprised to see it was empty. “Daniel, what was it?”

“Pregnancy potion,” Daniel winked at Jack flirtatiously. “Care to meet me after our infirmary visit?” Jack beamed as the realization hit him. After all he could retire with Daniel to the other ‘dimension’, he thought happily and chased after Daniel, with a lust filled look in his eye.

FIN