Chapter I

Colonel Jack O’Neill and the crew of SG-1 watched the video being sent by the MALP. They’d recently received an odd address from the random computer generations and were cautiously checking it out. They all leaned forward to see a dark room with oddly illuminated strange objects. “Can we move it forward?” Jack asked.

“Yes, sir,” Major Samantha Carter, the scientific brains of SG-1, used the remote in the control room to move the MALP around.

“Um, Jack, are those brains in that tank?” Daniel Jackson asked. Jack looked at his linguist and archaeologist who was also his best friend and love interest. Daniel’s blue eyes were glued to the screen. Using the excuse to touch Daniel’s shoulder Jack leaned over to look at the screen closer. Daniel smiled at Jack making the older man’s heart do a flip-flop. “Jack?”

Jack refocused and looked at the screen. “They sure look like brains, don’t they?”

“Indeed they do,” Teal’c, their alien sidekick and muscle of the team, offered cocking his head sideways looking at the screen.

“Well, Colonel,” General George Hammond, head of the Stargate Command (SGC) tore their attention away from the screen, “I advise using extreme caution.”

“Yes, sir,” Jack patted Daniel’s shoulder and the team, already dressed in their fatigues made their way down to the ramp leading to the Stargate. The General wished them well before they stepped through the shimmering blue portal that was the Stargate. With a whoosh of now familiar sensation, they team traveled through the stable wormhole. They stepped out into an odd room. The wormhole shut off behind them and they lost their main source of light. The team turned on their flashlights and inspected their surroundings.

“They are brains,” Major Carter called out from by where MALP had stopped after sending its transmission to them. “There’s lighting in here, sir.” The rest of SG1 walked into the odd, rectangular room lit by low hanging lamps. They walked through one odd room after another until they finally found stairs leading upwards.

“Jack I don’t think we’re on another world, a different dimension maybe,” Daniel pointed to a strange looking map of London.

Sam looked at it and laughed. “This is some sort of joke or something, it has to be.”

“What do you mean, Carter? “Jack asked looking closer at it.

“St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries?” Teal’c asked. “What are Magical Maladies?”

“This dimension, if that’s what it is, seems to be based on Magic,” Daniel pointed to a large sign on the wall. “Welcome to the Ministry of Magic.”