Tell It To Me by Keikokin (G)
The Prince of Camelot has questions he wants answered right now.

Categories: Merlin
Characters: None
Genres: One-shot
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 2675 - Hits: 899
Complete?: Yes - Published: 09/07/17 - Last Updated: 09/07/17

1. Chapter 1 by Keikokin



Chapter 1 by Keikokin
Author's Notes:
This has been floating around on my hard drive since '09.
Title: Tell it to me
Pairing: Merlin/Arthur, Morgana/Gwen suggested
Warnings: AU, Fluff, First time
Rating: PG
Summary: A curious Crown Prince gets the answers to his questions.
Disclaimer: Merlin is the property of the BBC and its affiliates. NO maliciousness was intended during the creation of this story.
Inspired by Secret a Arthur/Merlin slash vid on YouTube

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur gazed out over the lists, his men where fighting hard and he enjoyed this vantage point. He had to train them to be trusted once in awhile as well. They made him proud. He could not be there right now; there was a matter to attend to.

He looked up as his manservant Merlin entered the room.

“It’s about time you got here, Merlin. Does Gaius expect you at any certain time?”

“No, why?” Merlin stopped in his tracks.

“No matter what happens you are not allowed to leave this room today, except to use the privy. It’s up to you and how cooperative you wish to be.”

A large frown appeared on Merlin’s face. “What’s going on Arthur?”

“Actually, that’s what I want to know. Whatever you need to say to me will stay in this room. I will not hold it against you on my honor as a knight and Crown Prince of Camelot.” Arthur placed a hand open faced over his heart as he gave his oath.

“Uh, what are you talking about Arthur? Which secret?” He winced realizing the word that had slipped out. “I mean what secret Arthur?”

Arthur walked swiftly over to Merlin shaking a finger in his face. “See now that’s exactly the sort of thing I’m talking about. I’ve got news for you Merlin. You’re not perfect and you’re a miserable liar. We both know you’re covering up something and you won’t leave my side until you tell me.”

To Arthur’s surprise Merlin grinned at the threat, brightly at that. “Oh yeah. Well, that’s not so bad then.”

Arthur’s finger was once again shaking at Merlin. “Oh yes, and I want to talk about that, too.”

“What?” Merlin’s frown was back and etched even deeper. “I’m sorry Arthur but you’ve really lost me now.”

“UGH!” Arthur spun around paced to the window, his red velvet jacket gleaming in the sun’s rays. Turning on a heel he walked back combing his fingers through his hair in evident frustration. “Look Merlin. What is the secret?”

Merlin smiled innocently. “What secret?”

“Don’t even.” Arthur growled. “I’ll get my sword if I have to.”

This time Merlin looked a bit nervous as he laughed. “You are kidding right?”

“No, I’m not. I feel like I’m the laughing stock of the castle that everyone knows something I don’t.”

Merlin’s eyes became panicked and Arthur frowned. Why did that make Merlin so scared?

“Um, I think I need to go ““

“HA! See I knew you’d try this Merlin so we are in here until I say otherwise. I’m sure you noticed the guard outside my door this morning.” Merlin paled. Arthur felt a bit badly but refused to be left out of the loop. Besides weren’t they friends?

Merlin bit his lips staring at Arthur, not saying a word. Panic clear on his face. He cleared his throat and asked. “So what have you heard?”

Arthur rolled his eyes and threw his arms up in the air. “Can’t you ever tell me something directly Merlin without making me drag it out of you? Or are you that inept at the use of language? ”

“No, just you.” Merlin mumbled.

Arthur frowned. “Why just me?” He stepped closer. “Do I scare you?”

Merlin laughed. “No, well not right now, no sire.”

Folding his arms over his chest Arthur glared at Merlin. “Then what is it?”

“I don’t know.” Merlin nearly whispered.

Arthur growled again. “How can you not know your own feelings toward me are you not you!?”

Merlin drew back. “Yes sire.” Arthur shook his head, “Well then? How do you feel about me Merlin? Do I scare you or not? Did you tell me the truth when I asked a moment ago.”

“Yes I did and no you don’t.”

Arthur put a hand to his head. “Stop talking in riddles Merlin. How do you see me in your life?”

“You’re my destiny.” Merlin spoke at last and from the tenor and clarity of his voice Arthur knew that Merlin believed that with every fiber of his being. “I would die for you.”

Arthur frowned. “But you see not many servant would so willingly die for me.”

Merlin smiled and Arthur noticed the brightness of his eyes. “I could not live without you.”

Arthur blinked. “That’s quite a declaration Merlin.”

Merlin sniffed. “Well, I certainly wouldn’t want to. Our destinies are intertwined I am meant to protect you.”

At this Arthur sat down shakily in a chair staring at Merlin as if thunderstruck. “Merlin have you ever been in love?”

“No.”

“Are you in love now Merlin?” Arthur asked softly pulling Merlin down to his height. Merlin kneeled in front of him and hung his head. Arthur cupped it up gently. He rubbed a thumb roughly over Merlin’s chin. “Tell me Merlin.”

“And send that over inflated ego of yours soaring, no thanks.” Merlin teased looking away, his eyes shining as he moved out of Arthur’s grip.

“Merlin, let me tell you a story. Sit down.” Merlin plunked down on the small rug in front of Arthur to listen.”

“Once upon a time ““

Merlin snorted. “Alright, once there was a prince who lived in a far off land.”

“Right, very imaginative this ““

“Shut up Merlin.”

“Yes, sire.”

“Now this knight was a bit of a prat.”

“You don’t say?”

“Who is telling this story Merlin?” Arthur glared down at his manservant.

“Oh right. Go on. Sorry then. Don’t mean to keep interrupting.”

“Hmm. So, this prince really wasn’t a prat. And he didn’t like the new boy in the village to call him that. He didn’t understand why the new boy didn’t like him. Everyone else had to like him. He was after all the Crown Prince.”

“Arthur, I-“

“Shut. Up.”

“Hmm.” Arthur nodded and looked down again.

“This boy didn’t even respect the prince, enough to listen to COMMANDS.” Arthur hissed angrily to get his point across. Merlin just nodded so Arthur continued. “Then one day the boy saved the princes life. The king placed the boy forever at his son’s side by making him a manservant. At first the prince wasn’t happy with the arrangement but that changed. Didn’t it Merlin?”

“Oh am I allowed to talk now?” Arthur tried not to laugh at the pout on Merlin’s face.

“Yes, Merlin.” Arthur rolled his eyes and waved him on.

“No, it was the moment we met.” Merlin smiled. “You were a prat from day one.”

“You’re missing the point of the story Merlin. Things have changed between us. You feel it. I feel it. My father sends me looks of amusement. Gaius has been glaring at me like I’m some rogue set out to steal your virtue for crying out loud!”

“Feel what?” Merlin gulped. “Steal my virtue? Do you mean ““He gasped and turned bright red and Arthur laughed in triumph. “FINALLY HE GETS IT!”

“Y-you want to-“ Merlin pointed back and forth between them blushing madly.

Arthur smiled in a cat like manner and suddenly Merlin felt like food for a lion. “Secrets out of the bag Merlin.” He pushed Merlin over and onto the ground suddenly in one large pounce. Merlin blinked. He kept forgetting how agile Arthur was. But as his hands came to rest on Arthur’s shoulders he felt the strong muscles rippling underneath from hours of swordplay. He shivered. Arthur smiled down at him. “You’ve fallen for me admit it.” He leaned forward stealing a kiss from Merlin’s lips before he even had a chance to react.

“I-I ““

“Don’t bother denying it.” Arthur grinned triumphantly. “There’s nothing you can say that will stop me from having you right now and here.”

Merlin paled once again, not sure he was ready for all that. Instead he said. “I wouldn’t be too sure of that.” Once again his mouth had run full tilt to spill the beans. He winced and of course Arthur saw it and heard it plainly as they were a breath away from each other.

“How bad is it?” Arthur wondered if he really wanted to know. He’d gotten to the fun bit and by the look on Merlin’s face, like he’d just had another bowl of rat, it wasn’t the fun part now. This could be very bad indeed, Arthur thought as the hairs on his neck stood on end. “If its that bad, perhaps you should tell me you love me first and soften the blow as it were.”

“You are so arrogant, really, I’m surprised there’s ““

“Merlin, you love me.” Arthur taunted readjusting himself where he lay atop of Merlin and found his partner was at least willing. “Your body wants me and so does your heart. That’s why you worry so about me. And that’s why you are so willing to die for me!”

“You have no idea.” Merlin said with shiny eyes.

“What does that mean? Is there some other way that you’d die? Is this other secret something that could kill you?”

“Let it go Arthur.”

“Admit you love me.”

“I admit you love you.”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“It works though doesn’t it?”

Arthur sprang up and started toward the door. “Fine. Fine Merlin. I’ll just walk out there and accost the first pretty maid I see. How do you feel about that?”

“No, you can’t ““ Merlin instantly protested coming to his feet.

“Why not?” Arthur asked smugly.

“Because the King wouldn’t approve!” Merlin replied quickly.

“What doesn’t the King not approve of unless its magic!?” Arthur shot back just as quickly. Merlin froze and looked trapped. Arthur blinked and several pieces he didn’t want to ever connect slowly began to form a picture. He took several steps back to his chair and sat down heavily. “No.”

“I think I should go now sire.” Merlin made for the door and upon wrenching it open found a rather large burly guard outside. “NO one is permitted outside without consent of the Crown Prince.”

“OH right.” Merlin slammed the door and didn’t turn around.

“Do you love me sorcerer?” Arthur whispered.

Merlin sank to his feet and let the door hold him up. What could he say? Arthur had him all figured out. He closed his eyes and waited for Arthur to yell for the guards to take him away and sever his head from his body. Long minutes went by and Arthur repeated the question.

“Do you love me sorcerer?”

“How could I not?” Merlin looked up at Arthur pleadingly. “You are a hard man not to love, sire.”

“Have you bewitched me?” Arthur asked with concern. “Is that why you haunt every moment of my every waking day?”

“Arthur?” Merlin smiled hopefully.

“I should execute you.” Arthur sighed. “But I could cut my own heart out faster. Father will never know and one day I’ll be king. Even if I have to rewrite our future myself, I’ll see that never happens to you Merlin. You are too good at heart.”

Merlin released a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “Thank you, sire.”

“There is still the small matter of you being in love with me.” Arthur softly reminded him while walking over to the door. He helped a speechless Merlin to his feet, pinned him to the door and kissed him hard, melting all reasoning and lighting all his nerve endings. After a brief moment, Arthur pulled away. “I know you can’t help yourself but try not to ogle me too much Merlin. This must be what the household is talking about. I’ll have to pretend to find a girlfriend. Perhaps Gwen or Morgana could play along.”

Merlin blushed red again. “I’m not so sure they’ll want to help in that way Arthur.”

“You know something,” Arthur sighed. “Didn’t I just get done with you and your secrets?”

“Maybe,” Merlin smiled. “And besides if they want to be together who are we to stop them?”

Arthur’s mouth dropped open. “Morgana and Gwen?”

“Arthur and Merlin?” Merlin laughed.

“Good point, although maybe down the line they can help us.” Arthur smirked. “Some times you can be clever enough to be worthy of the attentions of a prince.”

“Only some times?” Merlin teased.

“Hmm, yes. Other times I am at my wits end with you. Isn’t there some sort of magical cure for what ails you? Or has magic always made you this daft?”

Merlin. “You love me.”

“Don’t be absurd.” Arthur scoffed.

“You do.”

“Don’t.”

Merlin smiled and Arthur kissed him to shut him up. This time their tongues dove deeply into each other mouths, as the kiss lengthened. Arthur’s one hand twisted in Merlin’s hair and Merlin mirrored it eagerly brushing Arthur’s hair with the tips of his fingers.

Arthur smiled as he pulled away. Merlin smiled back. Arthur walked over to a jewelry box that lay in his trunk. “I want to give you something Merlin.”

Merlin wandered over to the trunk and peered in. Arthur was getting a large blanket from the box. It looked like it was made from bear hide and would be incredibly warm. “I want you to have this.”

“Why?” Merlin’s knees nearly buckled under the weight of it.

“To keep you warm at night, when I cannot be there.” Arthur fished in the trunk once more, totally oblivious that his words had melted Merlin’s heart. “And this…”

Arthur held out a shinning amulet on a chain that carried the Pendragon crest. “So all may know you’re the Prince’s man.” Arthur winked. “And only mine.”

Merlin turned to put the blanket in his room and remembered they were still locked in. “Am I allowed to leave now?”

“Not yet.” Arthur grinned at the emotions on Merlin’s face. “Tell me once more?”

“Which?” Merlin asked with confusion. “And why aren’t you mad at me?”

“I am very mad at you for keeping these things secret from me.” Arthur glared and Merlin looked sheepish. “And we could have done more with your, um, gift if I’d known it was available.”

Merlin shook his head. “Oh no. I once had a very brave and smart knight tell me that I should never un man you by fighting your battles for you.”

“I’ll concede that does make sense. But still I want to hear you say it once more.”

“I’m a wizard?”

“No that you love me.”

Merlin smiled. It was easier now. “I love you Arthur Pendragon.”

“HA! I knew it.” Arthur strutted toward the door to open it. “I am completely irresistible.”

Merlin wanted to box Arthur around the ears but refrained, glad to be let out of the room at last. He wondered fearfully if he’d be able to keep this from Gaius. Gathering the large blanket best he could he started to walk to his rooms. To his surprise, Arthur was at his side. “Here let me help you with this.”

And as his hands moved under it, Arthur Pendragon took the hand of the man he’d always love, Merlin Emrys, a sorcerer. Their secrets would bond them forever. It was their Destiny and the making of a legendary love.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=1081.