Note: This was inspired by Alyjude's Tummy Rub, available at https://www.squidge.org/archive/archive/senslash2/tummyrub.html

Thank you to Aly for kind permission to play in her playground. Thanks to Bast for the speedy beta.

 

Buzz Cut

 

From the Journal of Blair Sandburg:

August 12

This is getting out of hand. It's become an obsession. It is at the point where I have to stuff my hands in my pockets or hold something, anything, to keep my hands off him. Jim is supposed to be the tactile one, but any time I'm near him now, I have an irresistible compulsion to rub my hands across his hair, or at least what's left of it. And since we are not exactly out at work, this is a problem.

It all started a week ago on the Alverson stakeout.

Alverson is just a small time dealer with delusions of grandeur, but we were hoping he would lead us to his supplier. Izquierdo is a big time crime boss with his fingers in most of the illegal pies in Cascade; drugs, guns, prostitution, gambling and protection rackets. Alverson wasn't much of a lead, but he was a start. So we sat in Jim's truck and we watched. And watched, and watched.

We were waiting for Rafe and H to relieve us when Jim smelled smoke.

Before I had my cell phone out, we were on our way. We were four blocks away in front of an apartment building by the time I connected to 911. I called in the fire as the front of the building burst into flames. Jim yelled something about children in the back apartment, and took off. I don't know which of us is crazier, him for running into a burning building, or me for running in after him.

We had everybody out by the time the Fire Department got there. We were both crisped a bit around the edges, but nobody was really hurt. And that is where this whole mess really started.

Jim singed one side of his hair pretty thoroughly, so he had to get it cut to even it out. Really short, like the buzz cut he used to wear when we first met.


"Ugh, Jim. You smell like burned hair! You didn't burn your scalp, did you?"

"No, I'm not really burned anywhere. And you're no rose garden yourself, Chief. I've got my sense of smell dialed all the way down. I can't wait to get in the shower."

"Yeah. Too bad about your hair, though. It's not like you had a lot to spare."

"Very funny, Sandburg. Just for that, I'm gonna take the first shower."


So what's the big deal, he used to wear his hair this short all the time, I should be used to it, right? Well, no, since we've only been lovers since the conference in Oregon a few months ago. And I didn't know how it would feel. Oh, gods, I get hard just thinking about it.

Jim is all silk over steel. His chest and body is all smooth and sleek, and even though he has a fair bit of hair on his arms and legs, it's really soft. And the hair on his head is silky soft and fine. So he's got these beautiful, hard muscles all over, covered with soft, sleek skin and hair, and its kind of like feeling silk over steel. I love that feeling.

I'm the physical antithesis of Jim. I'm short, I'm furry, and though I'm in reasonably good shape, I'm not in his class. Intellectually, I know he finds my furriness appealing. He has a habit of, well, petting my belly when we are watching TV, and I've gotten used to falling asleep to the sensation of Jim petting me. I tease him about needing to get a dog. But I never really understood - until now.

So, Jim came home with that super short military buzz cut. We were watching the Jags game and I was joking with him about it, when I ran my hands across his head.

I didn't know my palms were a major erogenous zone. The sensation was so incredible it's almost indescribable. The not-quite-bristly-not-quite-soft brush of hair across my hands, it was like I could feel each hair as a streak of energy. That's almost it - Jim's hair as a kind of energy paintbrush. I was lost in the sensation, but it wasn't enough, not nearly enough. I rubbed my palms across his hair again, then the backs of my hands, my wrists, and then I leaned over and rubbed my face across his hair, my cheeks, my lips, all along that soft/crisp springy hair.

I had my own little zone out there. Jim literally had to haul me into his lap to get my attention. I sat in his lap, breathing like I just ran up three flights of stairs. Jim was staring at me with this dazed expression on his face, then, just like they had a mind of their own, my hands were back rubbing across Jim's head.

I kind of went - primal after that. I've been on the receiving end of primal before, pardon the pun, and it is a wonderful, heady experience. From the other side, it is so good, so wild, it's almost scary. All my higher thought processes shut down, and I was operating on instinct and sensation. I don't so much remember what happened, as have sensory flashbacks. If it was like that for me, I can only imagine what it must be like for Jim. With his senses, it's a wonder he survives the experience.

I remember tasting Jim. Not just his lips, but every part of him I could reach. I sucked and licked and nibbled my way from those lips down along his jaw, slightly rougher here, down his neck, slightly salty in the hollow at he base of his throat. Across the smooth expanse of chest, teasing first one nipple, then the other. Licking my way along his belly, outlining his chiseled abs with my tongue, down to the soft nest of hair at the base of his cock. I think I got distracted there, I remember moaning and the sensation of silk over steel sliding in and out of my mouth, and the slightly salty/bitter tang of Jim's come.

I also remember an intense, driving hunger to possess, to claim every inch of my mate. Things got a bit vague for a while. A flash of Jim howling as I sucked behind his knee, that incredible energy brush as I rubbed my chest across Jim's hair. Heat, and velvet tightness, then Jim, face down on the rug, as I did my best to drive him through the floor. Pure pleasure, exploding like fireworks in my head, then darkness.

I came to lying on the rug in front of the fireplace, kind of drifting in a post-coital haze. Jim was curled around me, one hand petting my belly.




"Jesus, Blair, what the hell was that?"

"I dunno. It was just, um I, um, your hair, I never...wow...."

"Yeah, wow."

"You OK?"

"Oh, yeah. I might not be able to sit tomorrow, but I'm great. I didn't know you had a thing for buzz cuts, Chief."

"Me, neither. You're sure you're OK?"

"I'm fine, really."

"'Cause I was kinda out of control, man. I'm sorry. I could've hurt you."

"I'm pretty tough, Chief, I think I can handle it....Blair?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna rub my head some more?"


It's been like that all week. I rub Jim's head, we have incredible sex. In the big bed, on the little bed, on the sofa, downstairs, upstairs, hell, on the stairs, location doesn't matter. Aside from the usual places and on the stairs, we've made love on the kitchen table, on the counter, in the shower, on the floor in front of the door, against the door and on the balcony. And that's just inside the loft. That doesn't count twice in the truck and in the elevator tonight. I suppose that shouldn't count either, since it was just me. I came just from kissing Jim and rubbing his head. This hair 'energy paintbrush' thing seems to have a connection straight from my palms to my cock. Thank god we were alone in the elevator. I have got to get some kind of control over this before I throw Jim down on his desk and take him in the middle of the bullpen. The weirdest thing in all of this is, if I did, I think Jim would let me.


August 15

Well, I haven't ravished Jim at work yet. I've tried to keep my hands otherwise occupied and out of his hair, and that seems to be working. That, and the lunch hour quickies. Today, we found out that Jim can come just from kissing me while I rub his hair. We weren't in the elevator either. We made it all that way to the front door. Actually making it inside the loft would probably be better.

I think I understand the sequence here. I am pretty much in a state of constant arousal around Jim, because of the reaction I have to his hair. Jim is in a constant state of arousal because I am in a constant state of arousal. Because he is in a constant state of arousal, Jim lets me rub his hair. Since he lets me rub his hair, I am in a constant state of arousal around him....

We haven't managed to eat lunch in a week and a half. I haven't managed more that a few bites of dinner in that same time period. Jim isn't doing much better. I've lost ten pounds, and if this thing doesn't settle down soon, we're both going to end up collapsing from exhaustion. Simon will just have a fit, 'cause the Alverson case is really heating up.


August 19

We finally closed the Alverson case. The stakeouts paid off; we caught one of Izquierdo's goons making a delivery to Alverson. We busted Alverson, and Jim and Simon 'persuaded' him to help us with set up a weapons buy with Izquierdo. It was an amazing interrogation, one of the best I've seen. Jim and Simon did a variation of the 'good cop/bad cop' routine, sort of 'bad cop/ baddest cop'. Scared the hell out of that scumbag and suddenly he was Mr. Cooperation.

The bust went down smoothly for a change. It was huge; Major Crimes handled the actual bust from the weapons deal, with the SWAT team nearby as back up. Narcotics and Vice staged simultaneous raids on other parts of his operations. We had enough warrants issued on this case to wallpaper a room, but it worked. Even Izquierdo's lawyers won't be able to keep him out of jail on this one, so at least he'll be off the streets for a while.

As for the buzz cut, well, this morning, I rubbed my hands across Jim's head, and it felt - nice. His hair is just long enough that it's silky soft, and the rest of him is still the silk over steel beauty I love, but the incredible energy brush from his hair is gone. I'm a little sad, but relieved, too. Damn, I need to rest. I think I might actually eat lunch this week, and maybe dinner too. And I want to spend a little time just cuddling with Jim, maybe watch a basketball game while he pets my belly. And maybe a few long leisurely lovemaking sessions, just relaxing, without the desperate urgency.


"Jim, you're not upset are you? About the hair thing?"

"Blair, the last two weeks was wonderful, some of the most incredible sex in my life, but it's also been distracting, and exhausting. Honestly, I'd really love to spend some down time with you, just being with you."

"Cool."

"Mmhmm."

"Jim, you're petting my stomach again."

"Mmhmm."

"Maybe we should get you a dog."

"Go to sleep, Chief."

"I love you."

"I know. I love you, too."


August 21

Jim has a couple of weeks vacation coming in October. We don't have anything planned, maybe a fishing trip. The day before vacation, I think I'll talk Jim into getting a haircut. A buzz cut, the way he used to wear it when we first met.

 

 

End

previousindexnext

 

[Home] [Library] [Connections]

Email griffin@squidge.org