Go to notes and disclaimers

Imladris
by Your Cruise Director


You need not bring me here," Boromir insists, but Aragorn holds a finger to his lips as he moves through the cool, damp grass toward Gilraen's memorial. Boromir feels an unaccountable sense of foreboding at the grief in the other man's eyes, yet he knows he cannot turn away, now the Ranger has requested his company on this solemn visit. They both lost their mothers when they were young; Boromir supposes that among the Elves, Aragorn never met anyone who could truly understand such grief. He sinks to his knees beside Aragorn and presses his lips to the bowed forehead.

"You cannot kiss me here," Boromir hisses, but Aragorn will not listen. Thus he finds himself pressed to the mural, arms pinned against the image of Isildur's triumph, even as the Ranger claims his lips. Twisting, Boromir struggles, terrified of damaging the ancient painting far more than he fears being caught. Yet his dread merges with his excitement as the image of the ancient king is overlaid by that of his heir, and Boromir yields, though submission is not demanded of him...for the moment his lips part and tongue seeks Aragorn's, the Ranger cries out and shudders against him.

"You must not love me here!" Boromir exclaims, but Arwen's laughter is full of music and Aragorn smiles down at him with such simple delight that any further protests fade, unspoken. The beautiful elf moves astride him, a command in her eyes -- it is, after all, her bed -- and Boromir lies still as her fingers loosen his clothing, but his eyes are filled with Aragorn, who sheds his own vest and lies at his side, turning Boromir's face to him. Sliding silently away, Arwen watches her betrothed kiss his mortal lover. Swelling with gratitude, Boromir reaches out for her hand.

###

cruisedirector@littlereview.com

Title: Imladris Author: cruisedirector@littlereview.com
Rating: PG13
Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir with a little Arwen
Summary: Three drabbles, three kisses.
Disclaimer: Characters by Tolkien. Visual inspiration by Jackson.
Notes: Written for the contrelamontre kiss-in-an-unusual-location challenge in about 35 minutes.


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]