Go to notes and disclaimers

On the White City's Walls
by Sparky


D awn came as a golden haze and found Gondor's king seated on the wall. He did not look so much like the king, crownless and clad in simple garments of black and silver.

As he gazed over the city, lost in thought, another body slid onto the wall behind him and molded against his back. An arm encircled his chest, and strong fingers twisted into his hair, lifting it away from his neck. Warm lips touched his nape. Aragorn leaned into the kiss, melting into protective embrace. "Boromir," he whispered, "I have missed you..."

A beard scraped on his skin as Boromir leaned very close to murmur, "Have a care, my liege," pausing to lick the soft skin below his ear, "The people might tremble to learn their king is made of wax."

Aragorn chuckled softly. "They need not worry. For none other has your skill in melting me."

He felt Boromir smile. "And a good thing too," he muttered.

Aragorn laughed, rising to his feet. "Indeed! I might never harden enough to..." Too late he realized how the remark would sound and noted Boromir's ineffectual attempt not to laugh.

"Come," he said in a businesslike tone. "The king must be about his business."

Boromir let himself be pulled to his feet, but he stood by the wall. His gaze raked over Aragorn from his boots to the crown of his head and he licked his lips. "I have few ideas," he said slowly, "Of how to keep him busy." Still he did not meet the king's eyes.

Aragorn wavered. The king must not shirk his duty. Yet it had been so long...

"I'm sure you do," he said, "And let it not be said that the king refuses good counsel." He stretched out his hand, and Boromir took it, and they went down together, to go about the business of celebrating peace and victory in the way they most wished.

~~~

sparky_mccoy@yahoo.com

Date: 1/9/02
Title: On the White City's Walls
Author: sparky sparky_mccoy@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13?
Pairing: Boromir/Aragorn
Spoilers: Not particularly...takes place near the end of ROTK, though
Disclaimer: I don't own them. They own me. No money made, no harm intended.
Notes: An appearance by MiraculouslyNotDead!Boromir. No explanation for his survival is offered. This snippet is inspired by deejay's first wallpaper. Oh, and I don't really think you can sit on the wall like that, but the image wouldn't let go.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]