Foreknowledge
by Raederle


"There shall be shown a token
That Doom is near at hand"

Boromir stared at the Ring as the Halfling placed it on the small table. "It is a gift," he proclaimed, as lust for the Ring flooded him and he stretched out his hand to claim it. His mind was inflamed with images of himself, as the savior of Gondor, throwing down the Dark Lord. But he ignored the small, primitive part of his brain that was shrieking and gibbering with terror, for deep inside he saw his own death in the golden band. The doom in the dream riddle was his own doom, and in that hidden part of his soul, he knew it.

"No one can wield it, it answers to Sauron alone," Aragorn said.

Boromir swung around to confront the handsome man he had seen the night before. Aragorn flinched as their eyes locked and he was filled with pity for the proud Man of Gondor. Because the Ranger saw that Boromir's heart was filled with a blind desire for the Ring, but his eyes reflected the shadow of his death. Aragorn grieved at the loss of such a magnificent man, but prayed to the Valar that his lust would not cost them the world.

~~~

raederleofan@gmail.com

Title: Foreknowledge
Author: Raederle
Rating: PG
Pairing: A/B
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, not for profit


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]