Go to notes and disclaimers

What Can and Cannot Be
Out of Reason's Lapse Part two
by lavingaround


T he light of late afternoon colored the air like a balm. Mists hung in the shade of the trees and in low rises where the forest ferns were lush. The air was warm for the time of year and the abundance of verdant green gave a sense of comfort to the weary. An island of safety in the midst of a gathering storm.

"I do not know anything anymore," Boromir said as he walked, "my dreams still trouble me."

"Hear me, it does not make any difference, Boromir. Our paths are clear, there are just too many people depending on us," Aragorn countered as they hiked back down to the river.

"Do you not think that I know of what you speak? But I would speak to you of a future somewhere, where we could be together."

"Enjoy what we have now. You and I are victims of our birth and there is nothing in Middle-Earth you nor I can do that will change that," Aragorn said, kicking at the ground as they walked. "My wish would be otherwise also. You know of my desire in this."

"Then give me something to hold on to, Aragorn. After that night in Lothlórien, I was remade. I simply cannot imagine going into a future or facing a tomorrow without you. You make me a fool."

"Do not do this, Boromir. We must do what is before us. If I had been any other... if you had been any other, and we had met... things would have been much different. So much better for us. A future we would have, without the burdens of duty or leadership."

Aragorn trudged forward agonizing over every word. "We must not give any thought to tomorrows. We only have the right to now. Cherish it, Boromir."

"You have lived too long among the elves, " Boromir said, "your high sounding words make a mockery of my heart."

Aragorn did not reply. They had been over this many times since leaving Lothlórien. Before their journey was over, the dangerous paths they both walked would probably see one, or both of them dead. Neither could rightfully, and with reason, have any hope for the future. The fate of the Ringbearer notwithstanding, their responsibilities to their peoples and to their lands prohibited any public union between them. What was in their hearts needed to be kept secret.

Boromir listened to Aragorn's breathing beside him as they walked. It was slow and steady and helped to cool his own fiery thoughts a little. He was in earnest need of Aragorn's reassurance. His fortune was inextricably tied to him. Where Aragorn lead, Boromir would follow. Yes, that was true. But only if they traveled side by side, moving down the road of life's fate, to someplace they could truly be one, each with the other, together. Boromir could not relinquish the idea of it. He had argued with Aragorn for days about it.

In silence, they hiked the rest of the way, up over an incline, and down to the river. The Fellowship had hidden the boats there, camping a mile or so inland from the river's edge. Aragorn had used the pretense of checking on the boats to gain time alone with Boromir.

Boromir dropped down beside a good-sized tree near the riverbank. Aragorn walked to the river's edge. He squatted down and with cupped hands, splashed the cold river water over his face and neck.

"The water is chill, but it stimulates and refreshes. It clears the head, " he turned to smile at Boromir.

Boromir smiled grimly back at him and removed his bracers. He unbuckled his leather armor and flung it to the ground beside him. "Tell me Aragorn about our future if we were ordinary men." He stretched his arms flexing the broad muscles of his shoulders.

Aragorn smiled and moved to sit beside him resting his back against the tree's smooth trunk. Clover grew dense around the tree's base, amidst the occasional clump of athelas. The tree felt thick and reassuring against him.

"We would live in a small town. Somewhere, where life was simple and where we could be ourselves. Natural and deliciously rustic. Where the ground was fertile and the morning air was rich with the scent of hay and flowers," Aragorn started. He watched Boromir's face light up as he seemed to hang on every word. So serious and intent was his Captain.

"Near to the ocean perhaps, where we could swim and fish. The townsfolk would be warm and friendly. The village would consist mostly of men," Boromir ventured. Aragorn turned to him then and leered, arching one eyebrow. He then laughed and rolled back, grinning ear to ear.

"You would be a brewer of ale and highly disreputable." He laughed and rubbed Boromirs' head, "I, of course, would be the Mayor and the most important person in the village."

"Oh you would, would you?" Boromir turned to wrestle Aragorn and press his back down into the clover. He held his arms and looked into his face.

"So I am disreputable?" Boromir said, taking up the joke. His hands touched the strength in Aragorn's forearms, delighting in their feel.

"Entirely. You would drink on the job and every night you would return home drunk to ravish the Mayor."

"If he is lucky and if it is convenient," Boromir quipped grinning down at Aragorn. He bent to kiss him quickly, once, lightly on his lips.

"If I am lucky? If it is convenient? Boromir, that is it, let me up," Aragorn put up a pretense of a struggle, pushing his hips up and wrestling while Boromir held him.

Aragorn smiled and rose to playfully peck at his face.

"Do you know, I have not kissed you truly since Lórien," Boromir realized suddenly as he pressed his mouth upon Aragorn's.

Aragorn moaned as his mouth opened to receive Boromir's kiss. He felt the tingle of hair from Boromir's chest. His strong arms held him. The warm musty smells of him filled the air.

"Wait Boromir..let me take off my shirt," Aragorn said roughly pulling his tunic from his body. He then removed his shirt from where it was tucked into his leggings and tore it over his head. "We have not done a lot of things since Lórien."

He moved his hand to caress his own chest and reached to run his hands over Boromir's face and neck. Moving to him, he lavished wet kisses on him as he swept him into an embrace.

Boromir lay back with him, kissing and stroking Aragorn, enjoying the hardness of his body and the softness of his hair. "Aragorn", he whispered softly, as he felt a tongue rain more wet kisses on his ear. The warm steel of their chests rubbed, their sex pushing together through their clothes.

The fading sunlight danced off their bodies, washing them in a red glow.

The glow of promises.

The red of blood.

Aragorn eagerly kissed Boromir, entwining one hand through his hair to grab and hold him, while with the other he hurried to pull off his leggings.

"Let me, beloved," Boromir said as he hooked his thumbs into Aragorn's leggings. Slowly and deliciously he teased them down just an inch and bent to kiss and nuzzle the hair of his stomach and groin. Using his mouth, Boromir played with the growing hardness of his lover through the fabric all the while inching the clothing down slowly.

Aragorn moaned under Boromir's attentions, flexing and pushing upward with his hips. With one hand he felt his own chest and arms, putting his finger into his mouth. His other hand still occupied in Boromir's hair, holding him to his task. "Boromir, my love," he murmured as his love's head found its naked target. Warm delicious waves of pleasure racked Aragorn's body as he writhed under the Captain of the White Tower's capable ministrations. "Oh the sweetness of your mouth," Aragorn reached down to gently feel his jaw as it worked.

Boromir savored the salty sweetness of his lover, teasing him along, using his hands to massage his stomach, reaching his arm up to touch the dark sensitive hairs under Aragorn's arms.

"Hail Boromir... hold. I am in longing, I cannot prolong this," Aragorn shifted his body up, and using his hands edged backward in the clover, cooling his passion a little.

Boromir stood up grinning and flexing. He removed his tunic and shirt, pulling his pants down slowly. He rubbed his energetic arousal. feeling himself openly.

"Come down here, Boromir, I have the need of you, my love." Aragorn said, "let not our love's ...expression peak too soon."

Freeing his legs from his pants, and pulling them over his boots, Boromir moved to lie atop Aragorn. "Oh, how good you feel to me," he said as he pressed his body against Aragorn's.

Aragorn's face was flushed with arousal as Boromir lay over him. He kissed and nuzzled into the hollow of his throat. "I would always have you like this."

Boromir sucked at Aragorn's neck and chest, moving his hand down feeling Aragorn beneath. He withdrew his hand and wetting a finger in his mouth, moved down again.

Slick and exquisite, Aragorn felt the Man of Gondor's finger search him, tenderly explore him. Boromir made his love's request with that gesture. Aragorn would not deny him.

On his back, Aragorn raised his legs up to hold them. "If I ask... forbear," Aragorn's voice quavered in anticipation.

"There will be no need. I will be your ease," Boromir replied and moved forward on his knees to Aragorn. He used moisture from his mouth to wet Aragorn. Deftly he allowed his fingers to both allay his lover's fears and elicit his complete physical relaxation. Softly he lowered his mouth to lovingly prepare him.

Aragorn whispered and moaned, racked with passion, enjoying the rough feel of his lover's beard and the warm wet of his mouth. He watched as Boromir raised his head and moved closer. A slow yet deliberate pressure pushed into him. He relaxed. Boromir was looking intently into his eyes.

Aragorn's senses exploded. This glorious man, honorable Steward of Gondor was taking his pleasure inside him. The feeling of sensual intensity was almost more than he could bear.

Sensing his state of ease, Boromir slowly moved his love deeper into him. Then he eased back slowly. He repeated it thrice, each time moving a little faster as Aragorn relaxed under him. Moving with increasing deliberateness, he bore his passion into Aragorn.

Aragorn rode through a landscape of feeling, his body awash in dazzling sparks of pleasure. The hot pulse of Boromir was rekindling and renewing him. Every motion sent another pulse of pleasure through him. If death took him, now...he would die happy.

Boromir moved his shoulders so Aragorn could rest his calves' over them. He looked down into Aragorn's face splendidly filled with the sweetness of love's rapture. This was what was certain. This was what was absolute. Fulfilling Aragorn's passion was his happiness. In their union, he felt a majesty he had hitherto never known.

Aragorn rocked under Boromir's desire. He moved his hands as Boromir shifted his shoulders to support his legs and caressed his lover's face. Boromir's heated passion was alive in him. A few glorious minutes was all he could delay the quickening of his desires.

"Boromir, my love I am overcome," he cried. He moved to touch his arousal and quickly came his result, spilling high over his chest and stomach.

Boromir felt Aragorn's hands on his face and watched as Aragorn touched himself. Seeing Aragorn's climax, he bent to kiss him. He felt his lovers' flush of heat and the sweet and sudden tightness of Aragorn around him. "Hear me Aragorn, I would have you always," Boromir shuddered as he tensed his muscles, thrusting his passionate aim faster and faster, building, until moments later his intensity exploded, wave after wave, into Aragorn.

At his peak, Boromir lifted his head to cry his release into the twilight. Howling his passion as if by the sheer force of his voice, he could hold back the tide of night.

Afterward, they lay entwined, savoring the moment. Holding to each other's grace. Holding each to the strength of the other. Boromir looked at Aragorn with a jealous heart. He did not want to share him. He clung to his King fervently. "I would that death take me now, than to see us ever parted," he murmured, his eyes looking searchingly into Aragorn's.

Aragorn returned the gaze. This was a man built of passion and heart. Harder than the Adamant of Barad Dur. This was a man who would not let his dreams die without a fight.

Aragorn's eyes traced the features of his lover's beautiful face, memorizing each one in turn. The line of his jaw, the softness of his cheek, his beard, his graceful brow, the vigor in his eyes. There was no patience or restraint in this man save for what Aragorn requested of him.

"Come with me to the river, Boromir" Aragorn whispered into his ear, "let us be in the water, together."

They sat up and removed their boots. Then they arose and with hands clasped, and moved into the river.

Aragorn delicately poured water onto Boromir. He washed him slowly. With his hands he cleansed him. He reveled in the glory of his body. His hands traced lightly over the scars of old wounds, seeking with his touch to erase them. Improbable they seemed to be on his beloved, all too much reminding him of his mortality. Moving around, he slowly felt for the wall of his back. Soothing it under his hands as if trying to erase the pain and tension he felt there.

Boromir was silent and lost in his contemplation. He could not live without Aragorn. He would not. He watched as if from a great distance as Aragorn washed his body. Boromir opened his mouth to speak, but a look from Aragorn stilled him.

"No more of it, please," Aragorn whispered.

Boromir moved to take Aragorn back into his arms. He kissed him probing, in defiance, with his tongue. Aragorn pulled back.

"No more talk of it, I say," Aragorn pleaded, "we have our duty."

Boromir then cupped his hands to pull water from the river and splashed his face. He laughed and embraced Aragorn. Together they bathed and returned to the shore. Quickly they both dressed and returned to sit beside the tree. Boromir's bracers still lying next to him.

Boromir reached into his belt pack and pulled out a small torch. Rubbing the tip quickly against the tree it sprang to life.

"Dark things see into the night, Boromir."

"I have need of it Aragorn, my love. I want to show you something," Boromir replied. He moved gracefully to show Aragorn his bracers.

"Read Aragorn, ...for I have written it for you" Boromir handed his bracers to him. "I scratched it into the material inside, so that it would always be with me. Next to my skin."

Aragorn took them reverently and read one of them, while Boromir held the light.

"Kingsfoil My Love Not Athelas.
For You Are A Man of Gondor.
For You are Healing to Me
For When You Take Me In Your Embrace
For When I Am In The Hands Of My King
For Always In Your Arms Is My Healing
For Always Am I Complete In You
For You Always Aragorn"

On the other Bracer was scratched:

Alfirin Lovely Sweet Flower
For We Are Mortal Men
For We Are A Golden Gift To One Another
For My Love Holds Back The Cold Mountain
For A Gleam To Your Eye
For A Gleam To Mine
Touch Me And Feel Of My Love And My Passion
For You Always Aragorn"

Aragorn clutched the bracers to his chest as his eyes filled with tears. He was suddenly without the strength to resist those words. What hope was there for what he knew could not be? In Boromir's words he felt the true depth of his own love. His grief for a future life to be led without his lover. Their tragedy of circumstance. His warm tears splattered the front of Boromir's tunic as he lay his head onto his chest. Sadly he said, "In any other world, Boromir, in any other time," Aragorn sobbed against him, "I have no life except what life is with you, my Boromir."

Gently Aragorn wept, his tears running over Boromir's chest. He spoke between sobs "I love you... I love you. " Lightly he tapped at his head in a gesture of frustration. "It cannot be, Boromir." He choked out the words. "There is no hope."

Boromir soothed and caressed Aragorn with his hands, feeling his hair, neck, and shoulders. He pulled him tighter to him, as if trying to absorb him into himself. Hugging him close, they shared their hurt. Gently he spoke to him, trying to transport him away to another place. To another time. His eyes began to mist over.

"Aragorn, I know of a town in Gondor, near the Bay. Where fruit trees are plentiful and there are miles of sandy beaches," Boromir said as he squeezed him. "It is so very beautiful. We could find peace and happiness there. Will you live with me there, Aragorn? My Beloved?"

The fight in him had fled. They had only this moment. "Yes, Boromir, I will live with you there." Aragorn replied, his voice filled with emotion.

But it was a lie and Boromir knew it. It was just a dream to Aragorn. But he would not relinquish his future so easily to a dream. Dreams, for him, held no solace.

Boromir stroked his hair and cooed as Aragorn cried softly against him.

He would find a way to ensure both victory against the dark, and a future with Aragorn.

Somehow, he would find a way.

To be cont. in 'Out of Reason's Lapse Pt 3—'Love is Reason Enough'

~~~

lavingaround@yahoo.com

A big THANKS goes out to Sue for 'beta' on this Fic for me! THANKS!
FIC: Title: "Out Of Reason's Lapse Pt 2—'What Can and Cannot Be"
Author: Lavingaround lavingaround@yahoo.com
Website: http://home.earthlink.net/~peetoad4/
Rating: "NC-17"
Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir
Archive: Any Lists and Archives OK, libraryofmoria.com, ff.net, Slashlords OK Take it if you wish
Setting: After Lothlórien, before Amon Hen
Disclaimer: Characters are not mine and this story is just for fun and not for commercial use or gain.
Author's Notes: None
Summary: Boromir and Aragorn draw still closer together, Boromir grows desperate.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]