Go to notes and disclaimers

The Greater Sword
by La Corneille


B oromir was braced against a tree, his hands moving rapidly and efficiently on his great sword.

"What are you doing, Boromir of Gondor?"

Boromir jumped and cut himself, cursing. He looked around. "Where are you?"

Aragorn stepped into the clearing, amusement dancing in his eyes. "You did not tell me what you were doing."

"I am polishing my sword, as any fool could see," Boromir said, gesturing at the cloth, sharpening stone, and vial of oil in front of him. "I was about to oil my mail."

"Were you?" Aragorn said, a small smile that could best be described as a smirk playing about his lips. He crossed the clearing and crouched before Boromir, picking up the vial of oil. "How... prudent of you."

"Take a seat, Aragorn son of Arathorn," Boromir growled, snatching the vial out of Aragorn's hand.

"You do not like me," Aragorn observed, sitting cross-legged on the moss of the forest floor.

"It is not that I do not like you. I simply do not trust you as charge of my people."

"Your people." Aragorn arched one eyebrow.

"My people," Boromir replied. "For they are mine, not yours."

"'He triumphs who has the greater sword?'" Aragorn asked.

"Perhaps."

Aragorn was crouching before Boromir again before the man could blink, his fingers interlaced with Boromir's on the sword's hilt and his face so close their breaths mingled. "Have you never heard, Boromir of Gondor, that it is not size that matters—" In one smooth movement, Aragorn was standing, Boromir's sword in his hand and the point at Boromir's throat. Aragorn's eyes flickered downward for a moment and he grinned wickedly. "—but how you use it?"

"No," Boromir said, pressing himself back into the tree in a futile attempt to put distance between himself and the point of his own sword. As arrogant as a bloody elf, Aragorn was. "I cannot say that I have."

Aragorn seemed to relax, and he removed the sword from Boromir's throat, handing it back hilt-first. He did not release the hilt when Boromir went to take it, but asked in a husky voice, "And would you toy with my sword as I have with yours?"

"No," Boromir said, shaking his head. "A sword so noble as yours is not to be toyed with."

"I think," Aragorn said, slowly relinquishing the sword to Boromir's capable hands, "I think I might make an exception."

~~~

lacorneille@earthlink.net

Title: The Greater Sword
Author: La Corneille (lacorneille@earthlink.net)
Rating: PG-13 for slashy innuendo
Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir
Disclaimer: Bloody well not mine, not making any profit, and it's a silly little thing anyhow.
Summary: Boromir polishes his sword. Aragorn watches. Silly, slashy double entendres abound.
Archive: Sure.
Notes: This is all sparky's fault. Virtual brownies to Deejay, sparky, and Nanda for double entendre inspiration, and thanks to the whole list for being a fun place to obsess. Oh, and for the purposes of this fic, I'm assuming that Boromir's (metal) sword is a bit larger than Aragorn's. It seems plausible. Here's hoping this is actually funny, as I can never tell if what I write is even vaguely amusing.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]