Go to notes and disclaimers

The Clash
by Jim Morrison


Chapter IX
As You Like It


"When you're on a golden sea
You don't need no memory
Just a place to call your own
As we drift into the ozone"
—Weezer

Are you coming over today, Estel?" Boromir asked as he pulled out his lit text from the shared locker that they occupied.

"Nah. I gotta stay after school today." Aragorn replied as he picked up his notebook and stuffed it into the green depths of his rucksack. Boromir pushed his hair out of his face and frowned at the answer.

"Did you get in trouble somewhere?" Boromir asked.

"Nah. It's just that Elrond is holding the play rehearsals today and rumour has it he's going to have Shakespeare this year."

Aragorn explained, running his hand through his messy brown hair which now sported a thick, blood-red streak in the front, his three-month anniversary present from Boromir.

"Aa." Boromir replied before slapping himself in the forehead, making Aragorn roll his eyes.

"What is it now?" Aragorn asked good-naturedly.

"Faramir is going to be there. With Lee. And knowing those two, He'll be late and I'm going to have to deal with the chibis all by myself until he gets in!"

Boromir groaned theatrically and threw himself on his boyfriend, batting those long eyelashes of his for all he was worth as he wrapped his arms around Aragorn.

Aragorn sighed heavily. For someone that said he couldn't act worth a lick, Boromir was doing a hell of a job at playing his beauty up to get whatever it was that he wanted from him. Usually, it worked. He'd give him that. But today, the try-outs were the only thing on his mind.

He loved plays and would participate in them whenever he got a chance. Last year, he had been Jean Valjean in the school production of "Les Miserables" and he had loved the role immensely. But his real ambition was to be in a Shakespeare play. He didn't care which one it was. All he cared about was getting a role. And even though Boromir was wetting his lips and batting those eyelashes like he was thinking of doing very, very, naughty things to him if he gave in, the reward of being in a play was more tempting than his boyfriend's bait.

"Estel..." Boromir breathed out, his mouth moving dangerously close to Aragorn's own. In turn, Aragorn moved away, since he knew full-well that if Boromir kissed him, his mind was going to go to other places and the play would be forgotten. Or...

A light came on, making him grin wickedly to himself. He could have it both ways. He could get Boromir to do those delicious things to him after they both went to the try-outs. Perfect.

"Boromir..." Aragorn purred, pulling Boromir closer to himself.

"Yes?" The blonde man asked, his mouth mere centimetres away from Aragorn's.

"I'll do whatever you want, and that includes watching the Chibis and getting a taste of that mouth of yours if you go to the try-outs with me." Boromir's lips were already on Aragorn's and he knew that he had sealed the deal that had been offered to him without saying a word. Once he had realized what he had done, Boromir pulled back and furiously began to scrub his lips while glaring at Aragorn, who was grinning like an idiot.

"You are such a sneaky little twerp." Boromir stated softly. Aragorn grinned.

"But you love me anyway." Aragorn replied, coyly batting his own lashes.

Boromir snorted before he gently pushed the other man away from himself.

"Don't push it." Boromir teased him before reaching out and messing up Aragorn's hair.

"So you'll do it?"

Boromir looked up at the ceiling as if he was trying to get an answer from the deity that supposedly lived up there before he looked at his boyfriend.

"Yeah. Why not?" He shrugged, shouldering his old rucksack.

"What's the worst that could happen?" He asked cheerfully.

"You might get some culture." Aragorn replied sweetly. Boromir glared at him.

"OW!!"

"Wimp. Let's go find a phone to let my mom know we're going to be a bit late."

###

"Okay, who else is trying out for the role of Rosalind?" Elrond asked as he looked over his notes.

The students that had come to try out where sitting around the drama room either reading the play they had just been told they would perform, laughing, talking or in some cases, sleeping. Practically no one was paying attention to him or Mrs. Luthien, the drama teacher, since they had all had their turns and were just waiting for the adults to tell them to go home.

So it was no surprise that Mr. Elrond didn't get an answer right away.

There were only three girls left to try for the role and so far, he hadn't found anyone that would really suit the role of the feisty, outspoken heroine. So far, the girls just hadn't had the fieriness needed for the role or they simply couldn't command the language. Especially when it came to the longer speeches. He needed to find his romantic lead soon, or else he would have to can the idea of using "As You Like It" and instead using his second choice, which was "Macbeth".

"I am, Mr. Elrond" Arwen spoke up as she stood up, her copy of the play in one perfectly manicured hand that was tipped with an innocent looking pastel colour that matched her sweater and pants perfectly.

"Very well. I want you to come with me and Mrs. Luthien to the other drama room and read out Rosalind's part in act 3, scene 2, starting from line 361."

Arwen nodded and followed the two dark haired elves out of the room, her expression unreadable as she passed Aragorn and Boromir, who were sitting close to the exit as they ran lines.

In those three months that they had been together, Arwen had done her best to try and sabotage their relationship. She had pretty much outed them to the whole school and had done her best to spread rumours about Boromir and his supposed shady past as well as tried to trap Aragorn and making it look as if he was cheating on Boromir with Eowyn. But each of the attempts had failed, since Aragorn and Boromir had just shrugged the incidents off and gone on their merry way as if nothing had happened, thus strengthening the respect of most of the students in the school.

Even Eomer had backed off. Even though he personally hated Boromir for the humiliation he had suffered at his hands at the beginning of the school year, he had gained some grudging respect for him after they had played indoor-soccer together. He also had known Aragorn ever since they were kids and even though he sometimes was a wanker, he somewhat honoured old ties and flat-out refused to get involved in Arwen's snipe-war and had forbidden his sister to do so as well.

Eowyn, to everyone's surprise, had not followed Arwen's lead at all. Mostly because of her brother's mandate, and mostly because Arwen had used her as her pawn in trying to trap Aragorn. That incident had strained the relationship between the two and even though they did spend some time together, the intimacy that had existed between had been seriously damaged. So now, Eowyn was finding herself either hanging out with Eomer, or Glorfindel and Danny, much to the disgust of Arwen, who had taken up with Estella Bolger and Rosie Cotton.

And so Arwen had to admit that it had been a spectacular failure and had finally stopped her little war. Now, all she did was ignore Aragorn and Boromir when they were in public. In private, she seethed at having Aragorn taken away from her by that scruffy bastard. As far she was concerned, Aragorn had always been hers. Ever since they had been children, she had planned on having him as her own. No one else had come close to being what she wanted. Only him. And Boromir was going to spoil that dream of hers. A dream she simply couldn't let go off, no matter how much she may have wanted to.

But right now wasn't the time to dwell on it. She had a part to win and win it she would.

"Her highness has passed." Faramir muttered as he and Legolas took a break from reading the play. They had already tried out for the parts that they wanted and were just waiting for Aragorn to go out and try for the part of Orlando, which was going to be held after the trials for Rosalind's part had been held.

"Thank God!" Lee muttered as he stretched out and lay down on the floor, his eyes half-closed, but still focussed on Faramir, who looked up at the exposed beams and lights stuck in the ceiling.

He sort of felt like a bit of a perv when he was surreptitiously looking at Faramir, since the boy had just recently turned sixteen and he was quite a lot older than him. But he couldn't help but to admire him. He was fairly pretty, with his flaming green eyes and soft blonde hair and still-boyish features that had a very delicate quality that made him appear extremely fragile.

A quality that made him want to take him, embrace him and protect him from all the evils that would try to hurt him. Even though he knew that Faramir was as feisty and tough as his older brother, maybe even more so. He still couldn't get over the time that he, Faramir and Boromir had gotten busted for flinging paint-filled balloons at traffic. He was fairly sure that it had been Faramir's idea to do that in the first place and Boromir's quirk to fill them up with tempera paint.

Recalling that escapade made Legolas smile as he kept on studying the boy in front of him. It was sort of funny that he was seeing Faramir in such a different light now. Before, when they were much younger, he had merely seen him as Boromir's little brother who tagged along at every opportunity. The one that could come up with wicked inspirations once in awhile, the one that kept Boromir sane. He had been so wrapped up in Boromir, especially when Faramir came down with encephalitis, that he never really took notice of the younger boy. Even when he got better and the whole fiasco with Casey and their relationship had occurred, he just thought of Faramir as someone that hovered nearby.

But now, after being in drama, art and literature with him, Legolas was beginning to notice Faramir was his own person. Even though he hovered near his brother, he wasn't just another version of his older brother.

What he noticed about him was that he was thoughtful, and quiet, but not as intense as his older brother. He was also more comfortable with himself and it showed with the easy way that he would give a smile or a gesture. Unlike Boromir, who only lost his reserve around a handful of people, Faramir was always warm.

"Like Spring." He had written in his notebook once as he had watched him bent over his work, his baseball cap sitting slightly askew on his streaked blond hair and an adorable frown on his face as he concentrated on his writing.

It was funny, he realized as he tore himself away from his observations. Boromir had been born in April, and should have brought spring up in his mind, but he didn't. He reminded him of late fall, a coldness that signalled the beginning of winter. A remoteness that couldn't really be breached. Although Estel's influence was changing the impression, it was still there.

"Which part where you trying out for?" Faramir asked as he studied the dark beams.

"Hmm. I don't know what I'll get. I tried out for Corin and Touchstone, but I guess it'll be either or. You?"

Legolas asked as he tried to keep his tone and face neutral as to not give him a hint as to what he was thinking.

"I tried out for Jacques and Duke Senior, but Mrs. Luthien was giving me these odd looks that I can't make head or tail out of, so I have no clue what kind of part I'm going to get."

It was not surprising that Faramir had tried out for those parts. More often than not, he thought that Faramir did fulfill the role of wise councillor in his own life. Not often for good purposes, but he still fulfilled it. He also had a hidden passion for Shakespeare that made his command of the language apparent, making Legolas think that he would most definitely get a plum part in the play.

Legolas frowned at the mention of "weird looks" sent out by the drama teacher.

"What kind of looks?" He asked as he sat up and looked closely at the younger boy.

"I dunno. Kind of like she's plotting something that I may not like very much." Faramir replied as he turned to look at Legolas.

"Kinda like this." He said before giving Legolas an approximation of the look the drama teacher had given him as he read his lines, which was a very thoughtful, yet calculating look.

"Oh yeah. It sounds like she's planning something." Legolas agreed, trying very hard to keep the smile off his face as he looked at Faramir.

"Gack! I hope it's nothing evil!" The younger boy exclaimed, laughing slightly at the thought of gentle Mrs. Luthien doing something evil to him.

"You never know with those drama teachers." Legolas replied, his brown eyes shining with mirth as he looked at Faramir. "They have plans that us mortals do not know about."

Faramir snickered before he reached out and gave the elf a small shove. But the elf was ready for him, having guessed what his reaction was going to be and had reached out and grabbed Faramir's wrist before he could touch him.

It probably wouldn't have amounted to much, but Faramir had put more force than necessary into the shove and that added with Legolas pulling him forward only served to make him fall onto the elf.

So it was quite a shock to Faramir to find himself lying on top of his friend and secret crush, their mouths just a finger's width apart.

Neither of them moved. Or blinked. Or even breathed. If it had been other people, they would have just laughed it off and pretended nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Despite being an elf, Legolas had a tendency to be clumsy, so he probably would have played that up to ease the embarrassment that this particular incident was bound to cause.

But both of them knew that clumsiness hadn't been in a factor in this situation. And even though neither of them had given hints to their emotions, there was a decidedly thick tension as they stared at each other as they decided exactly what to do regarding this little situation.

Legolas was undecided mainly because he didn't know if it would be a good idea to hit on one of his best friend's little brother. Although he was finding Faramir attractive, he didn't want to do anything that would cause a rift between himself and Boromir. They had finally re-kindled their dormant friendship and were as close as ever. And Legolas was damned if he was going to fuck it up. And sure way to do it was to make an unwanted pass at Faramir.

Faramir couldn't make up his mind mainly because he wondered if Legolas would see him as a weird little kid. Ever since he found out what sex was, he had fantasized about Legolas. Not directly at first, since his first images always had him as a girl dressed in a long, medieval dress. But the images then began to change, and bit by bit, the image of a male Legolas began to replace that shadowy woman.

He then knew, when Boromir had come home with the elf, that he had desperately fallen for him. He tried not to show how he felt for the elf, but it hurt to see them together. But there was nothing he could do, since he wasn't about to steal his brother's happiness away, especially after what Casey had done...

Faramir pushed that thought away as quickly as it came. He didn't know the details, but he suspected that Casey had done something terrible to his older brother. Terrible enough to have driven Boromir to attempt suicide and nearly succeed after he was torn away from Legolas and sent to St. Joseph's.

He didn't want to think about it since he knew that Boromir refused to say anything about the incident. He had accepted the comfort given to him, but wouldn't really open up about it. It was an issue that he really didn't want to ever touch.

Okay. So what was he going to do with Legolas? Should he take the risk and do what his libido was telling him to do? Or should he get off and chalk it up as something not to do again? Unfortunately, his libido wasn't listening to what his mind was saying at all. Especially when Legolas impatiently squirmed underneath him, making their groins brush against each other. The friction cause Faramir's better judgement to fly out the window and for his lust to take the gears.

Which explained why when Aragorn and Boromir were called to read their parts, they were treated to the sight of Faramir and Legolas making out as if there was no tomorrow.

Aragorn and Boromir only looked at each other as they saw the sight before them before Boromir tapped his boyfriend on the shoulder.

"Cough it up." He told the dark-haired boy, holding his hand out for the twenty dollars.

Aragorn groaned. He was so sure that he was going to win this bet! Ever since Aragorn and Boromir had noticed the subtle and not so-subtle hints that the elf and Boromir's brother had been throwing at each other, they had made a bet as to who would initiate the relationship. So far, Aragorn was positive that Legolas, who had seemed the more aggressive one, would be the one to do it. But he had been proved wrong, as the sight before them showed, so he owed twenty bucks to Boromir.

"You're not worried about them?" Aragorn asked as he reached into his pocket to produce the money.

"Faramir's old enough to make his own decisions. I can only do so much to protect him and this is one area where he should be left alone without having me interfere."

###

"Check it out." Glorfindel whispered to Danny as he then pointed to Lee and Faramir making out at the far end of the drama room.

"Sweet." Danny smirked as he watched the human and the elf get it on.

"I was wondering when they'd finally stop circling each other and actually do something about it."

Max added his two cents in as he flopped onto the ground and watched Eomer and Eowyn whisper to each other at the opposite end of the room. Even though they weren't a threat any longer to him and his own, Max was a firm believer of keeping an eye on potential threats at all times.

"Yeah. It was utterly sickening to watch them giving each other the googly eyes and not do anything at all about it." Danny muttered as he lazily ran a hand through Glor's hair.

"Well, not everyone else is as horny as you brother." Max pointed out, a smirk on his face as he spoke. Danny spluttered at this, knowing that he couldn't say anything regarding this comment. He was about to tell Max to fuck off though, when Glorfindel spoke first.

"Hey, just out of curiosity, is Legolas a Sindarian or an Eldar elf?" Max and Danny looked at each other before shrugging. They had only known Legolas for two years, and in that time, the subject of their heritages had never come up. Aragorn, who had always been the closest to the blonde elf didn't know either.

"Don't know. Why do you ask?" Glor shook his head and laid down in Danny's lap.

"Just wondering." He replied as he then began to play with the end of Danny's long braid. Danny and Max tried to get the elf to explain his reasons, but Glorfindel refused to tell them, aggravating his boyfriend and brother to no end. For someone as mellow and easygoing, he could be totally stubborn at the most unexpected times.

###

"So, Elrond. Have you found your Rosalind yet?" Mrs. Luthien asked as she made some notes on a sheet of loose-leaf after Boromir and Aragorn had left.

Elrond frowned and shook his head as he read over the list that he had compiled.

"No. My first pick was Arwen, but she just isn't suited for the role. Something is lacking within her." He sighed.

"But I have no other ideas for the role. But if I cast her as Rosalind, we lose our Orlando, since she would probably throw a fit over having to play opposite Aragorn. And that would wreck the entire play, since there si no one that could play the part as well as Aragorn can."

Mrs. Luthien nodded as she nibbled at the end of her pen. She had an idea how to fix the problem, but she didn't know whether Elrond would be open to her suggestion.

"What about Boromir Denethorson?" She asked Elrond, tapping her pen on her sheet of paper.

Elrond looked at her thoughtfully.

"What about him? Do you want to put him in the place of Aragorn, even though he isn't too keen on being in a play." Mr. Elrond reminded his fellow teacher.

Mrs. Luthien frowned slightly at this piece of information. She had forgotten about Boromir's reluctance to read for a part, since he had done so well at playing opposite Aragorn as the other boy read his lines.

They had such a natural chemistry together that it had been a pleasure to hear them playfully banter as Orlando and Rosalind. As she had watched them do that, the idea had come to her. Instead of having a female do Rosalind, they could have Boromir play the part instead. And if anyone complained, they could back it up with the fact that the plays had been performed by men and boys in drag and they were just harking back to tradition with this particular move.

"I think we can sidestep that." Mrs. Luthien replied, waving her hand away at that small obstacle.

"As for your earlier question, I don't think we should replace Aragorn as Orlando. Rather, I think we should have Boromir be Rosalind."

Elrond raised an eyebrow at this suggestion. He had been toying with the idea when he saw the boys in the room earlier and had briefly considered it as an alternative after having six girls read for the part, but had dismissed it when Arwen had read. Arwen had usually been good enough to have the leads in the two prior plays, and he had been counting on her to be good enough to take the part. But she had fallen short and the idea that was now being presented to him was terribly appealing. Especially when he realized that this was the only way that he would be able to salvage his play.

"Do you suppose he'll be open to wearing a dress onstage then?"

###

"Boromir?" Boromir looked up from the novel he was reading to kill time as he waited for Aragorn to use the can. Rehearsals had been over for ten minutes, but they hadn't left since Aragorn had first forgotten something in his locker. When that had been fetched, he needed to use the john. Boromir had opted to wait outside with a copy of "Oscar and Lucinda" and a discreet cigarette, since he and Faramir had made a deal not to smoke anywhere near the chibis, since Pippin had a terrible fear of cigarettes and would freak out if he even smelt them on either of them.

He smiled inwardly when he saw that it was Legolas. A fidgety, mussed-up Legolas who was looking as if he was expecting punishment. A very painful punishment.

"What is it Legolas?" He asked, his eyes automatically returning to his book. It wasn't that he was being rude or stand-offish, but rather, he wanted to give the elf time to compose himself before he told him about what had already happened between Faramir and himself.

"Ah." Legolas could be fairly eloquent when the occasion called for it, but when he was nervous, his vocabulary was reduced to about a seven-year-olds. Make that a human seven-year-old. And he had every right to be nervous. Despite the fact that he had vowed to himself not to make a pass at Faramir, he had broken that vow the minute that he had shifted under the boy.

It was true that he hadn't been the one to start anything. He had only moved because he believed that Faramir hadn't wanted anything in return and just wanted to get up. Even though the boy was light, it was still a trial to have him on top of him. So he had moved.

He had never guessed that it would have led to Faramir suddenly turning aggressive and nearly sucking his face off. He couldn't say that he didn't enjoy it. No. Quite the opposite. He actually enjoyed it immensely. Especially when Faramir had brushed his hand against the tip of his ear and nearly made him lose control on that cement floor.

They probably would have ended up doing something naughty on the floor of the drama room if it hadn't been for Elrond and Mrs. Luthien coming in and pretty much telling them that the list of parts was going to be placed on the bulletin the next day and it would be nice if Mr. Denethorson and Mr. Mirkwood would stop trying to copulate on school grounds as well. Even with that barb, it had been hard to tear themselves apart from each other.

They had finally managed it though, when Faramir pulled him outside and told him that he loved him. Crazy as it may have sounded, he did love him. Desperately. Ever since he had set eyes on him all those years ago. He wanted him for himself.

"The only thing I need to know." Faramir had stated, his light green eyes suddenly darkening with pent up lust, desire, love and hope as he pressed the elf against the cement wall of the school.

"Is whether you feel that way about me, or whether you still carry love for my brother. If you do, I won't press this issue again. But I have to know whether you care for me or if you care for him."

Legolas had nearly cried with happiness when he heard those words. It was sort of a strange reaction to have to such a thing being said to you, but he was happy. There was no other way for him to feel. He wasn't going to be alone any longer. Nor was he going to be just the watcher.

With those emotions swirling about in his brain, he had leaned forward and given Faramir one of the deepest kisses that he had ever given anyone. It was so full of raw passion, sexuality and desire that it had taken Faramir at least a couple of moments to get his bearings back

"Holy Shit." Faramir had whispered as he had reluctantly pulled away from the Sindarian elf.

"My god. I think I need a cigarette just from that kiss." He had muttered as he fished around his pockets for the crumpled half-pack he kept in his front shirt pocket.

Watching him go through those motions made Legolas laugh lightly. Even though Faramir was his own person, he still shared many quirks with his brother. One of them being the habit of giving compliments without making themselves or the person receiving it feel self-conscious. A habit that warmed his cold heart even more than the first brush of Faramir's lips had, a warmth that made him truly smile since the last time that he had been with Boromir.

As he had then watched Faramir smoking his cigarette, his green eyes still wide and dark, he had been seriously thinking about asking Faramir to come back to his and Aragorn's home to possibly do something very carnal and something that involved a half-empty bottle of Baja Rosa and being totally naked on the kitchen floor. But before he could actually get around saying those things to his new lover, Faramir had thrown water on that idea by commenting that he wouldn't mind it if Legolas came home with him, Boromir and Estel.

Hearing those two names made Legolas realize that he was going to have to find Boromir and explain what exactly was going on between him and his beloved younger brother lest Faramir decided to get frisky at the wrong moment and incur Boromir's wrath at anyone touching his younger brother in an overtly friendly way.

So that was the reason why he was standing in front of a seemingly disinterested Boromir, completely and utterly tongue-tied as he tried to find the words to approximately say:

"Yeah, well, you know, Boromir, we have been good friends for a long time. Hell, I even lost my virginity to you when we nearly exorcised your demons. But see, I am about to start screwing your little brother. You know, Faramir? The one we both love unconditionally? Yeah. Him. And I was just wondering if that was going to be okay with you or if I should just keep all knives and other weapons away from you before you decide to permanently destroy me. So what do you say about that?"

Never before had he been caught in such an uncomfortable and script less situation. But he felt that he had to do it no matter what. He had to know whether it was fine to express his emotions to someone that was so close to his once great romantic love and now, his great love. He had to know whether having a romantic attachment was to mean him sacrificing the other person he cared about. Because if it did, he would gladly exchange the romantic passion for the more stable and more secure one that friendship and fraternity offered him. And so he must take that step into the unknown and hope that everything would turn out. Or deal with the fall-out that it would create. Whatever that may be. A possibility that scared him more than he cared to admit.

There was no way to predict the variables in this equation. He hated going into any situation without at least two plans up his sleeve. Having lived with no mother and a violent and erratic father and absent siblings not there to protect him had given him a need for stability that had to be satisfied at any cost, lest he lose control of himself and plunge into the horrifying panic attacks that used to plague him when he was younger. Like the one that was encroaching on him right now.

"Leaf, if it's about my brother, don't bother." Boromir spoke up, breaking through the silence that had fallen between them as Legolas tried to work out the variables and consequences of his actions. Somewhere in the tangled messes that his mind had decided to divide itself into, he was aware that Boromir had stepped in at the most opportune moment.

It had always amazed him that Boromir had somehow always known when exactly to speak when he had begun to slip into that dazed state and bring him back from the swirling red abyss that made up his panic attacks. It was funny that he could do that for him. He never questioned the connection that enabled such a thing to be possible. He just accepted it. And sorely missed it when he and Boromir were torn apart from each other.

Although his attacks had been infrequent in the last few years, he occasionally had them. And he dreaded them, since there had been no one to prevent them once they had set in. Not even Aragorn in his concern had been able to banish the horrifying images and emotions that accompanied them.

So it was a good thing that even though the unavoidable situation with Boromir had sparked off his attack, that the human was there to snap him out of it.

Legolas swallowed hard and opened his mouth to speak when Boromir shook his head, put his book away and reached over to embrace the shell-shocked elf who was seemingly been turned to stone.

"I know. Even though you both have tried to hide it, I know that you care for each other. There is no other person that I would have with my brother, nor is there another person that I would have be with you, Leaf."

Boromir told the elf as he comforted the elf in order to make him escape the harsh wasteland that his mind became on these occasions. Boromir wished at that moment that Legolas hadn't brought up the topic. For god's sake! They weren't in some sappy Victorian novel where the eldest male relative needed to give consent every time his younger siblings were being sought after!

Sometimes, elves and their mannerisms really irritated him. Even though he had been adopted by a pair of them, there were things that they did that really got on his nerves. And the ritualistic formality that they infused practically every aspect of their lives was one of them. Especially now that it had made Legolas nearly enter another one of his attacks.

"You... You mean it?" Legolas breathed out, his hands grasping the folds of Boromir's leather coat so tightly that he was leaving fingernail marks in the old leather.

"Yes. I would never have said it otherwise, you dork!" Boromir chided him softly.

"You're like my flesh and blood, you dolt! There is no way that I would turn away from you."

Legolas pulled away from him and looked up at Boromir's face. He then laughed, feeling slightly stupid at having even doubted for a moment that Boromir would be upset over his relationship with Faramir. But then, maybe his judgement was impaired by all the endorphins being released by his brain at the advent of being with Faramir in that way.

"Ah. Yeah. I forgot." He admitted a bit sheepishly as he scratched at his messy hair. Boromir smiled before he pushed a bit of his hair away.

"Don't worry about it." Boromir replied, gently caressing the elf's face. "We all do, sometimes."

Legolas nodded and embraced Boromir once again when Aragorn and Faramir showed up from opposite directions.

"Damn. You guys find terribly interesting ways to keep busy." Faramir noted as he came up to them, his voice holding no note of jealousy, only quiet amusement as he watched Legolas blush prettily before he came towards him.

"Yeah, well, you guys take long time to do anything. We had to do something." Boromir teased his brother as Aragorn punched him hard in the shoulder.

"Wanker!" Aragorn cried as before Boromir yowled out in pain, making his brother and Legolas laugh softly.

"That hurt you know!" Boromir protested indignantly as he rubbed his shoulder. Aragorn smiled.

"I know. That's why I did it." Boromir scowled at his boyfriend.

"You're terribly sadistic aren't you?" Aragorn only smirked in reply.

"Yeah well, sadistic or not, we have to get home before the chibis begin to freak out and the parental units go on the rampage."

Faramir reminded his brother as Legolas snuggled up to the human boy, a gesture that didn't go unnoticed by Boromir and Aragorn. They exchanged a look, but refrained from commenting on it. Instead, they just agreed with Faramir and walked over to the far side of the school where Aragorn had parked his beloved Royal Blue P.O.S. Dodge that had been a present for his seventeenth birthday.

Once they had gotten to the car and managed to arrange themselves comfortably enough, they then headed off to Boromir and Faramir's house amidst a loud cacophony of their voices, shuffling books, paper baggies and weezer's "Pinkerton." blaring from the speakers.

###

"Boromir!" Pippin squealed as Boromir appeared in the doorway. Without wasting another moment, he ran towards the tall human and wrapped himself around his legs, hugging him with all his might.

"Hey Chibi!" Boromir greeted him, reaching down and ruffling the small hobbits' hair.

"You're late." Merry reproached him as he greeted him, his actions a bit more restrained but still infused with much warmth as he hugged Boromir, then ran towards Faramir and wrapped himself around his legs instead.

"Sorry Chibi. We had a play to tryout for." Faramir told the little one.

Merry made a face at being called "chibi", since he felt that at nine, he was too old to be considered little more than a baby like Pippin was. But he secretly liked the fact that the two humans had bothered to take the time and give them a nickname. It proved to them that Boromir and Faramir believed them to be more than nuisances and that little fact cemented a binding loyalty between them.

"The elf lady is putting supper on." Pippin informed Boromir as he tried to climb up the older human's leg and into his arms, but failing miserably, since Boromir wasn't exactly like the trees he found easy to climb.

"Aa. I guess we came just in time, right?" Boromir asked as he peeled Pippin from his legs and lifted him up to perch comfortably on his hip.

"Yup." The hobbit agreed before he leaned in and whispered in what he supposed was a quiet voice.

"She made chow mein tonight. And we got tiramistu too." He added, his blue eyes sparkling at the thought of eating the sweet, chocolatey dessert.

Aragorn and Boromir looked at each other and barely managed to hide the smiles that were creeping up on their faces at the hobbits' actions. Even though they thought he was adorable, it would probably hurt his feelings if he thought that his hero and his Auntie Estel were laughing at him.

"It's actually Tiramisu." Merry told Faramir as he led Faramir and Uncle Legolas to the dining area that had a great view of the kitchen and all that was being made there. Which of course made it one of the favourite places of the hobbits to be at.

The two hobbits had somewhat adjusted to living with the two elves and the two humans. Although they had several fears that couldn't be easily laid to rest, they had done their best to find their place in the dynamics of the house.

This was done fairly quickly after they had gotten over their fear of being hit or tormented in any way by Celeborn and Galadriel. They had also managed to find a slow affection for them and had learnt to trust them like they trusted the two boys that they incessantly followed around if given the chance. Which had led to some embarrassing moments when Boromir and Aragorn had tried to grab some time together when they were over at Boromir's house.

Like Pippin walking in on them when they were this close to actually doing something, which although made Boromir laugh, made Aragorn grit his teeth and wonder if it was part of some cosmic plot to make sure that he would die a virgin if it kept up any longer. Even though it was cute that the little hobbit, in his overalls and t-shirts would come bounding in and jump on Boromir's bed to show him something he had just drawn, it was getting damned annoying having to quickly roll over and zip up his pants while Boromir distracted the little curly haired wonder.

He watched then, as Galadriel greeted all of them with that quiet and serene manner of hers and bade Faramir and Merry to set more places at the table. Celeborn came in from the basement, a bottle of Sprite in one hand and a smudge across his nose. He nodded at the boys and was about to put the pop on the table when something that only he could sense nearly made him drop the pop.

The slight mishap made Galadriel look up from the pastry she was putting the finishing touches on. Celeborn met her eyes and shook his head ever so slightly, making her nod. The boys didn't notice the signals and just sat down at the table, each boy with his partner and surplus hobbit sitting beside him. Once the adult elves had sat down, the food began to be passed around and conversation was the usual supper kind, although for some reason, Celeborn and Galadriel didn't seem to want to speak much and Faramir looked like he was struggling with something under the table for most of the time.

After supper had been finished and the table had been cleared off, Pippin and Merry were herded off to finish their homework while Legolas and Aragorn declined to stay. Usually, they swooped down on the house and sometimes stayed so late that they would just sleep over and head out to school the morning after. But tonight, they had way too much homework to do and they both new that if they stayed, no one would get anything done.

So that left Faramir and Boromir nothing to do but to go downstairs and just chill, since they had finished their work in the spare that they shared during fourth-block.

After they had locked the door to their room, Boromir switched the stereo on and put in "London Calling" before he settled down on his and Faramir's bed and pulled out his novel from his discarded backpack and began to read.

Faramir just hurled himself on his side of the bed and stared at the ceiling before finally getting bored and pulling out a sketchpad to doodle on while he waited for the right time to bring up a topic that had been weighing heavily on his mind ever since Legolas and Aragorn had gone home.

He had noticed that Legolas was...well, more affectionate than usual. Quite a lot more, in fact. He had had a hard time keeping the elf's hands from going down his pants during dinner. It wasn't like he didn't want them to be there, but he figured that getting a hand-job at the dinner table while eating tiramisu beside your dad would probably be considered a pretty bad show of manners.

All he hoped for was that everyone would just think that he had been fighting with Lembas the whole time rather than his boyfriends' fairly grabby hands. Because if the story ever got out, he didn't think he would be able to live it down.

"Spit it out, Faramir." Boromir finally ordered his brother as he put his book down and looked at his brother, who was still staring at the blank page in front of him as he tried to make sense or tail of the thoughts running around in his head regarding the elf.

Blinking slightly, Faramir looked up at his brother, who was giving him that "look" that only older brothers wearing wire rimmed reading glasses can give you. The look that makes you feel like an idiot for trying to solve your problems when the guy in front of you, who has had more experience in the damned situation. Which in this case was true, since he was pretty sure that Legolas and Boromir had gone all the way during the brief time that they had been together.

Realizing this, he then decided to take the plunge and tell Boromir of what had passed between him and Legolas during supper. Taking a deep breath, he then told him of what Legolas had been doing and of the elf's strange behaviour ever since they had gotten in the car.

After he was done, he had to wonder if he had said something wrong to Boromir, who looked as stunned as Lemmy, the neighbour's pet lemur, when they had accidentally pitched a waffle ball over the fence and conked the poor bugger and knocked him out of the tree he had been perched in.

Faramir blinked several times and was about to prod his brother into talking when he spoke out of his own volition.

"I don't know exactly what the hell is going on with him, but I know that he wasn't acting like that when we were together."

He frowned as he then put his book away. He was sure that Lee's behaviour was explainable, but he couldn't recall the information someone had shared with him that would help clear up the mystery. He knew that it had to do with a particular kind of elf, but he wasn't utterly sure of exactly what the hell it pertained to. All he could recall was that it had to do with sex.

"Well, why the hell is he acting like that right now? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like it a hell of a lot, but it's kind of unnerving having an elf acting like the school bicycle while you're trying to eat supper with your family."

Faramir said as he put the sketchbook away and looked at Boromir, hoping he'd be enlightened by his older brother.

"I think it's got something to do with sex." Boromir replied carefully. "I'm not sure what, but I think it just affects some elves. I guess."

Faramir raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean you guess?" Boromir threw a pillow at him for being insolent.

"Exactly that. I was stoned when I was told about it, you twit."

Faramir dodged the pillow and hurled his own at Boromir, who gave him the finger before catching it and hurling it back at him.

Grabbing another pillow, he then twatted his brother a hard one that nearly knocked him off the bed.

"Jerk!" Boromir yelled as he grabbed a discarded pillow and began defending himself with it, giving Faramir several hard blows before the pillow was snatched out of his hands and thrown back at him.

"Twit!" Faramir yelled back before he whomped Boromir a hard one that sent him flying onto the hard cement floor of the basement.

"You SUCK!" Faramir called to his brother who was lying on the floor, laughing and flipping his brother the bird as he tried to rouse himself up enough to get up and onto the bed again.

"Fuck you!" Was the tart reply as Boromir finally managed to make himself climb up into bed again and give Faramir a hard punch in the shoulder.

"I love you to." Faramir replied sweetly before he lay down and began to look at the poster of Vincent Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" that Boromir had tacked up on the ceiling.

"Yeah. Yeah." Boromir said as he picked up his novel and prepared to be immersed in it once again when Faramir spoke up again.

"Does it hurt the first time?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the ceiling as he spoke.

Boromir groaned inwardly. He knew that such a topic would have to eventually come up, but he really didn't feel like explaining the ins and outs of gay sex to his little brother. It just somehow felt, well, wrong. The idea of Faramir having sex was just so alien to him that it made him cringe when his little brother himself brought it up.

But there really was no way around it, unless he wanted his brother to have it as hard and not as comfortable as he had had it the first time with that fucker. Thank god that Legolas had been there afterwards. If he hadn't been, chances would be that he'd probably would have gone even more insane than he already was.

Taking a deep breath Boromir then put his book away again and looked at his brother.

"Yeah. It hurts. Well.. It's not the same..eh...let me explain it..."

###

"Hey, Estel, Boromir!" Legolas whispered to the two humans sitting in front of him in English.

"What?" Aragorn asked, letting his head drop backwards onto the Elf's desk.

"The cast list is up in the main hallway." Legolas replied, tapping his brother's nose lightly. Aragorn smirked at the elf and was about to make a run for the main hallway when the door slammed shut, signalling that Mr. Elrond had just entered the vicinity and he would have to wait yet another block to know whether he had scored a part or not. Sighing, he reluctantly lifted his head from the desk and looked at the front of the class. It seemed that both his sex life and his personal life were terribly intent on frustrating him and then some.

Even though there were signs that Boromir was willing, there were also signs that something just wasn't right. Like when they would get into it, Boromir would become utterly passive. But not the kind of passiveness that would signal consent. Rather, it was the passiveness of someone that cannot get away from whatever will come next.

Although he tried to get Boromir to get past that by letting him initiate any intimacy, as soon as Aragorn would touch him, he would just turn extremely passive. That, along with a muted jumpiness when they were alone were enough to make him suspect that Casey had done more than just broken Boromir's heart.

He hadn't wanted to think about it. Hadn't wanted to even acknowledge the possibility of it ever having occurred. He didn't want to voice it, not even to himself lest he make it true by giving it a form with words. But as the signs kept pointing to that particular direction, he knew that he couldn't keep closing his eyes to the truth that was sitting on the doorstep of his mind and yowling to get in.

He didn't want to bring it up with him, but he knew that if he was planning to actually have a decent and healthy relationship with Boromir, he was going to have to prod into the dark waters of a very painful past and see what he could possibly do help heal the wounds that were still there below the surface. He wasn't about to let Boromir slip through his fingers because of something that he could have helped him with. Something that would, in time, tear him apart from the inside out if it wasn't dealt with soon.

He sighed as he pulled out his anthology and notebook. Maybe Legolas was right. He did brood too much. Over everything, he decided as he snuck a look at his brother.

Legolas was fidgeting like there was no tomorrow in his seat, something that made him wonder if the elf had snuck some pot brownies when he wasn't paying attention. Usually, Legolas would stay pretty still in class, a thing that made Aragorn wonder if he had actually paid attention to any lectures at all, since he knew that his brother had a tendency to fall asleep in school once in awhile.

But today was totally different, it seemed. Legolas was agitated over something. The way he kept on looking at the clock and at Boromir was very suspicious indeed. What the hell had taken over Legolas to make him like so? It wasn't a thing to get the calvary out about, but it was sure as hell unnerving. Very unnerving. Maybe it had been some kind of elvish puberty thing that he hadn't been told about by Glor, Danny and Max.

Thinking his hypothesis over, Aragorn decided that it was probably just that. Legolas wouldn't appreciate it if he went and stuck his nose into it, so he'd just kick back and hope that he wouldn't die of impatience in the meantime. Besides, he was probably taking on way too much to deal with at this time. If Legolas needed his help, he would come to him for it.

###

"Let's see it!" Legolas shouted over the crowd that surrounded the list. He had been held back by a concerned Elrond at the end of class and had been too late to sneak a look at the list without people pressing down on him all over the place.

"You're Phoebe, Legless." Danny told him, turning away from the list, a small smirk on his lips.

Legolas glared at the taller elf. He hated being called "Legless" and today it was much more irritating than it had ever been, although he couldn't figure out.

"Shut up." Legolas replied as he began shoving people this way and that to get to the list.

"What the hell's wrong with him?" Danny muttered to Glorfindel, who bit his lip at the question and shook his head. Neither of them had seen Legolas be so bitchy or aggressive and it was kind of odd to see the usually level headed elf be like that.

"PMS." Max told his brother in a stage whisper. Which earned him the one finger salute from Lee.

"So what parts did you guys get?" Boromir asked the three elves as they moved away from the list.

"Duke senior and Adam." Glor replied, his eyes bright as he spoke.

"Jaques." Max replied, grinning slightly. Jaques was a plum part and he was very pleased to get it.

"Touchstone" Danny replied. "And joys of joys, I get to marry Rose Cotton at the end. I am thrilled." He added, his voice flat.

"Which part did you get?" He then asked Boromir. "Oh wait. You didn't try out, did you?"

"Actually, it seems that I did. And Mrs. Luthien gave me the part of Rosalind." Danny nodded. "Makes sense. I saw you and Aragorn throwing lines back and forth. No one else could have done it better. Considering the fact that Aragorn was a shoo-in for Orlando, it makes sense. Trust me man, Mrs. Luthien knows what the hell she's doing. Even though it may not seem like it, she's doing all of us a favour."

Boromir shrugged. "I guess. It's still going to feel weird doing it though. I mean I got the female lead, for christ's sake! How many chicks do you think are going to be pissed about that?"

Max snorted. "Maybe Arwen will be. She always gets the female leads. Besides, the gender-bending doesn't matter. I mean, have you looked at the rest of the list? Arwen's going to play two roles that are traditionally male. Legolas is to play Phoebe. I think the only two girls that actually got girl's roles are Eowyn and Rose, so whatever."

"Yeah. I guess. But it's still sort of weird, you know. I've never really been one for plays, so being in one is just weird." He ended lamely, not sure what to say or think about the odd trick of fate that had landed the opportunity to spend even more time with Aragorn and also be one of the leads in the school's play.

"Did you see the list?" Aragorn asked excitedly as he swooped down on the group and immediately grabbed Boromir and kissed him right on the lips in plain view of everyone in the school.

"I take it you got the part?" Glor asked as Aragorn let go of Boromir and proceeded to squeeze the stuffing out of Danny, who looked like he was going to suffocate from the embrace.

"Yes! And I don't have to worry about Arwen being Rosalind either! I feel great!"

Aragorn nearly yelled as he released Danny and moved back to Boromir, who was trying his best not to laugh at Aragorn's exuberant behaviour.

"That's good to know. But you won't be feeling great if we're late for Haldir's class."

Legolas pointed out right before the bell rang, signalling the end of the five-minute class break.

"Oh shit!" Aragorn yelled as he disentangled himself from Boromir and bolted to his locker to get his history text book.

For some odd reason, Aragorn always forgot his history text-book and always ended up slipping into class just a minute shy of the second bell ringing and infuriating Haldir to no end. The teacher hated that little quirk of Aragorn's, but usually let it pass, since Aragorn was fairly quiet and was one of his top students. The other ones were Boromir, Legolas, Max, Glor and Arwen. Danny wasn't in the humanities, since he preferred maths and sciences and was astonishingly good at it.

"What part did you get?" Legolas asked Boromir as they rushed to Haldir's class.

"Rosalind. You?" Legolas made a face at the question, but he answered it anyways.

"Phoebe. It seems that we shall be wearing dresses this next two months then."

He commented crisply as he sat down and opened his books quickly. Even though he was feeling bitchy and cranky, Legolas knew better than to try and get on the bad side of Haldir. Even though he was fairly calm most of the time, Haldir was a force to be reckoned with. Mr. Yuy and Fujiyama had nothing on Haldir when he was really pissed off. So most kids tread lightly around the blonde elf.

Boromir followed suit and nodded at the comment, but didn't reply, since Aragorn had rushed in at that moment and plunked himself down, signalling the beginning of class.

###

Legolas was glad to finally get to his Art class. Although he was kind of stumped as to what he was going to paint, he was only looking forward to it because Faramir was there.

He didn't know why, but he couldn't stop thinking about him ever since they had declared their mutual attraction to each other. Every time he called up his image, or his laughter, or something about him, he felt his face heat up and his heart race madly, as if he had been running non-stop.

He also felt the most keen need to have him claim him. In the physical sense of the word. He was nearly exploding over the lust that was taking over his brain. Even though elves had fairly good control of their emotions, the tidal wave that were his hormones would make even the most sexless elf relent. And he was far from sexless, which led to his current situation.

Groaning softly, Legolas resolved not to think about his rampant libido and instead, focussed on the blank canvas and tubes of paint and his paint-brushes as he waited for inspiration to hit him.

But it seemed that the same fate that was conspiring against Aragorn was also intent on screwing around with him as well. He was positive of this when two things happened that pretty much dictated his eventual doom. For one thing, the art teacher, Mr Kinneas, had to leave right after they got there, which meant that he, Faramir, Max, Glor, Eowyn and Frodo had the class all to themselves. The second thing was that Faramir was working on developing some pictures he had taken and he wanted for Legolas to come and help him, since Legolas had a talent for making pictures turn out perfectly in the school's photo lab.

He was trapped and he knew it, since there was no good way to extricate himself from Faramir's plea. He hadn't started any work, nor had he any other valid excuse to refuse. He was going to have to go in there and hope to god that his mind wouldn't turn to mush from being in a small space with the object of his rampant lust.

So he took a deep breath, agreed to help Faramir and put his materials away. It wasn't like he could get much done in the seventy minutes left of class anyways.

"Okay." Faramir said after they had entered the medium-sized room and flicked on the red light.

He didn't notice that Legolas was looking at him as if he was the answer to all his prayers. He was, unlike the other students in class, actually serious about having some work completed. He loved Photography, so it was a dream come true that he was able to use the lab at school whenever he wanted. It was also a pretty cool thing that Legolas was always willing to help him, even though the elf's tastes ran to painting and sketching most of the time.

So it was quite a surprise to him when Legolas literally knocked him onto the floor of the lab and began to hungrily kiss him.

His first though was: "Oh shit! I won't get the pictures developed!"

His second thought was: "Holy Christ! Does he want to get laid in the school photo lab?"

He was going to get up and push Legolas away from him, but the elf's hands had somehow found their way down his boxers and were being put to a fairly good use that made his brain turn to mush.

Ignoring the screams of the rational part of his brain, Faramir began kissing Legolas back as his hands roamed over the elf's body, feeling the way that the sinewy muscles moved under the soft flesh not covered by the velvet or silks that Legolas usually dressed in. The supple body on top of him also made him moan and press his mouth harder against the soft petal lips as they tried to fight for dominance between them.

Facing this resistance, Legolas growled softly and tightened his grip on Faramir's cock, making his partner gasp and arch his body against Lee's, which made the elf let out a sound like a muted caterwaul. Pausing in his ravaging of Faramir's mouth, Legolas removed his hands from Faramir's cock and placed them above the human's head in order to give himself leverage as he ground his hips into Faramir's.

The friction of their cocks against both fabric and each other made them both gasp out in pain and desire. It was such an intense sensation that Faramir was afraid that he was going to come if he didn't do anything to relieve the ache that had pooled deeply in his groin. God! He hadn't been this horny in ages! What the hell had Legolas done to him in that short span of time?

"I want you!!" Legolas hissed as he quickly tore off his clothes to reveal a pale and perfect body only lightly sprinkled with hair. "I want you inside me and I want it now!"

Faramir's eyes nearly bugged out of their sockets as Legolas then moved on to take his pants and boxers off. He didn't mind getting hot and heavy with his boyfriend. At school, that was the only thing that they could do, really. That was cool. But Fucking in the school was a different matter altogether. It just wasn't that it felt wrong, but if they got caught, there would be hell to pay.

Besides, there was the matter of being a virgin and despite the detailed descriptions of what to do from both his brother and gay erotica, he wasn't really sure if he was going to live up to expectations, since the elf was a bit more experienced than he was in these matters.

He was going to open his mouth and tell Legolas his concerns. Really, he was. But when Legolas knelt down in front of him and wrapped his mouth around his cock, his mind turned to mush yet again.

All he could think of to say was: "You got any lube?"

Legolas pulled his mouth from his cock and dug around in the pile of his clothing until he came up with a tube of Bonne bell lipgloss and gave it to Faramir, who only took a few minutes to get himself out of his daze and crawl over to where the elf was kneeling, his legs spread as he waited for Faramir to prepare him and ride him.

Taking his cue, Faramir unscrewed the cap and poured a small amount of gloss in his palm. Carefully, he then touched Legolas's entrance, making the elf moan loudly. Feeling encouraged, he then applied the lube and began to massage the tight entrance, wincing slightly when he felt Lee jerk away at a particularly careless move on his part. But so far, things had been going good, so he carefully inserted one finger in.

He guessed he was doing the right thing by the strangled moans that the elf was giving. He moved his finger around in order to stretch it a bit more and brushed against a hard bump that made Legolas nearly scream in pleasure.

"More." The elf panted once he had regained his powers of speech. "More."

Eager to please the elf, he then added another finger and then another and began to move them faster as well as thrust them in and out of Lee's body, making the elf breathe heavily and impale himself on Faramir's fingers.

"Now! I need you!" Lee panted, sweat springing all over his body in a fine sheen that made it glow in the red light.

Faramir didn't need to be told twice. After removing his hand from Lee's body, he put some of the lip-gloss on his aching cock and carefully positioned the tip at the entrance. Grabbing a secure hold of the elf, he then began to move inside, careful not to hurt the elf too much with his penetration.

"Just fuck me!" Lee moaned as he felt Faramir's ever so careful entry inside of him.

Following orders, he thrust in hard, making Lee throw his head back in both ecstasy and pain.

"More!" The elf begged. "More!"

Faramir swallowed hard and began to thrust. First gently, but at the elf's insistence, harder and harder until the elf was moaning and crying out in incoherent elvish, his passion at a fever pitch as he was filled repeatedly. With each thrust, Legolas became more and more wild, as if he was being consumed by the desire inside of him.

Faramir then, was utterly stunned when he swore he saw lights behind his eyes and he came right after Legolas clawed at the floor before his seed was splattered all over the place and he collapsed, his body and brain having been sated of their intense need.

###~

"Do you think they're actually fucking in there?" Danny whispered to Glor as the blonde elf painted. Glor shrugged, not willing to actually voice his suspicions, especially when Frodo was around. Although they really couldn't hear any sounds coming from the lab, Glor just had a feeling, like everyone else in the class that Faramir and Legolas had scored in the lab. But he really didn't want to say anything since he felt something just wasn't quite right about the whole situation. He didn't know why, but he was sure it was because Lee's behaviour had been so erratic all day that the whole thing just didn't feel like it should.

So he kept quiet and worked on his painting, not bothering to join in the cheering and clapping that the other students greeted a sheepish and dishevelled Faramir and Lee when they emerged from the lab. He only watched as they took their usual seats and began to half-heartedly work on some sketches while they murmured to each other.

As he watched them, he noticed that Legolas was his cool, calm self again and that made him even more worried. So worried that he made a mental note to go to the library at lunch.

In the meantime, he concentrated on his painting.

###

"So when are rehearsal starting?" Faramir asked Aragorn as they dug into the sandwiches and pop that made up the groups' lunch. All around them, the Usual Suspects, as they called themselves sat in a loose circle as they ate their lunches and enjoyed the crisp weather. Aragorn swallowed a bite of his sandwich before replying.

"Umm. Not until next week, because Elrond and Luthien have to find a place for us to rehearse, since the drama room was given to the band geeks to practice in and the gyms are all tied up due to the volleyball and basketball teams having to prepare for the Hibbert and Troy Tournaments."

Aragorn told him before he took a swig from the communal pop bottle before passing it to Danny, who was anxiously waiting for it.

"Oh." Faramir replied, not sure whether to be disappointed or not. On one hand, he was sorry not to get the chance to jump into the play right away. On the other, he was glad to have the chance to spend a bit more quality time with Legolas, who was still giving him the eye as they ate their lunch.

"So you're coming over tonight?" Legolas asked Faramir, his voice low as he spoke.

Faramir didn't answer. He just looked at Boromir, who had finished eating and was now looking up at the sky, a pensive look on his face as he did so.

"Maybe, if someone can look after the chibis for me." He said a bit loudly as he turned the puppy-eyed look on his older brother.

Boromir rolled over onto his side and looked at Faramir, his eyes narrowed as he contemplated his brother. He had heard about the little incident in the photo lab from Danny and Glor and although he was severely amused by it, he wasn't really willing to let his little brother get off scot-free for it.

He was really going to say no and tell him to find a bush to screw Legolas silly in when Aragorn tapped him on the shoulder and gave him the "look" before leaning close enough to whisper in his ear something that made him grin like an utter mad-man.

"Fine. But you owe me. Big time." He told his brother as he then flopped back down on his back and let Aragorn pet his hair as he half-closed his eyes and relaxed under the soft touch of his boyfriend's hand. He'd deal with his errant brother later.

"Thanks, Bor!" Faramir called out, getting the bird from his brother in return.

###~

Arwen sat in the car seat, a joint dangling from her lips as she watched Boromir and Aragorn get into Aragorn's car and drive off.

She hated them. Never mind the dream that she had nurtured for so long. She really hated Aragorn about now. And that little cock-sucker he called a boyfriend too.

Ever since that bastard and his brother had arrived at St. Ig's, her whole life had been ruined. Not only had the fucken faggot and his brother taken the two most desirable guys in the school, they had also ruined her reputation and her chances for the school play.

She had always gotten the lead in the plays, and now, she had been relegated to insignificant parts that didn't mean a lick.

Oh yes. She hated them. With a passion that seemed to want to burn itself out of her skin and consume her alive.

"You going to pass that joint?" She took a drag from the joint and passed it over to Theoden, who was looking at her with a calculated hunger in his eyes that she would have noticed if she had been sober.

"Do you want to do something, baby?" He asked as he as he took the last hoots off the joint, killed it and slowly began to undo the buttons of her cream cardigan.

Arwen turned her head and looked at Theoden. He wasn't really beautiful, like Aragorn was, but he had a cold handsomeness. With his bright blonde hair, dark blue eyes and chiselled features, he was all right. He looked like a more polished version of Eomer, so it wouldn't be too bad if he wanted to fuck her silly right then and there. Besides, she needed the fuck.

"Sure. Just not here, okay?" She replied as she put her hand on his to stop him from undoing anymore of her buttons.

"Where do you want to go then?" Theoden asked as he pulled away from her and started the car.

"Rundle park. No one's going to bother us there." Theoden smiled at her request.

"Sure baby."

###

Boromir threw the ball at Pippin, who barely managed to catch it. Even though he loved to play catch, the small hobbit was afraid of the ball and most often than not, would end up dropping it and having to chase after it.

Especially in the front yard of their house, which was fairly large and faced a main road that ran between the housing complex that they all lived in. Even though the Lothloriens made enough money to live comfortably elsewhere, because they had four children that had been province wards, they had to live in there until all of the kids turned eighteen, or were adopted by other families.

Since they had adopted Boromir and Faramir and the hobbits, it meant that they would pretty much be living there almost indefinitely. Although it wasn't a bad place to live, it wasn't really a good one either. There were very little places for the hobbits to play in and they had to make do with playing in the yard with either Boromir and Faramir watching them lest they run in the road and into the path of an incoming vehicle.

Although he found it cute, Boromir didn't dare laugh. Pippin was very touchy about his mishaps and would sulk if he believed he was being laughed at by his hero. So Boromir tried his best to not laugh and often worked tirelessly with the little hobbit to improve his catching skills. Which was why Boromir was outside and not in the basement receiving what Aragorn promised him at lunch.

"Room for two more?" Aragorn called out as he came out of the house with a scowling Merry.

"Sure!!" Pippin called out as he threw the ball back at Boromir.

"I don't want to play." Merry said sulkily as he flopped down on the ground. Aragorn rolled his eyes at the hobbit's behaviour.

"Merry, come on. It's only a small game." Aragorn tried to persuade the sulky hobbit to join in.

"Faramir isn't here." Merry informed Aragorn. "So I'm not playing."

Aragorn looked at Boromir, who only shook his head.

"No use in making him play." He mouthed to his boyfriend before he threw the ball at Pippin.

Aragorn frowned and looked at the older hobbit, who sat with his legs crossed and his arms folded against his chest, scowling at the sky, as if it was responsible for keeping his beloved Faramir away.

"Are you sure?" Aragorn mouthed back to Boromir, who nodded.

Pippin looked at his brother and sighed. He wished that he would play with him like he used to, before Faramir became the centre of his universe. Even though Boromir played with him, it wasn't the same as it used to be when Merry would play. All that Merry would do nowadays was to trail around Faramir and be extremely jealous when anyone or anything would take his attention away from him.

Even though he didn't really understand, he knew that Merry was deeply attached to Faramir in a way that he didn't understand. A way that was leaving him behind and shutting him out, a feeling that was as depressing as it was uncomfortable. Merry had always shared everything with him, and now, he was being shut out without rhyme or reason and Pippin hated that.

He never understood why he decided to pitch the ball at his brother. Even when things were at their darkest, he had never had the compulsion to lash out at anyone. Especially not at Merry. So it was quite a surprise to him when he threw the ball at Merry, hitting him right in the face.

"Pippin!" Aragorn cried out when the ball bounced off of Merry's lap and his nose started gushing blood. Boromir turned around and just stared numbly at the scene before him. Pippin stood as if he was turned to stone. He was as shocked at what he had done. He never meant to hurt Merry! Honestly! He wanted to tell them that. To say sorry for his actions, but he was numb.

He remained numb until Merry began to cry over the blood that was pouring out of his nose and onto his shirt. Listening to that instinct that is present in all horrified beings, he ran away.

It wouldn't have mattered. Normally, the traffic was fairly slow during the early afternoon. He would have probably ended up in the Barton's yard and hid there until after supper.

The factor that none of them had been counting on was the car that came seemingly out of nowhere and that was travelling at too high a speed in a residential area and was now heading directly for the hobbit, who had heard the screeching tires and had predictably frozen in the middle of the road like the proverbial deer caught in the headlights.

"PIPPIN!" Boromir shouted, his heart leaping into his mouth when he saw that the hobbit in danger.

He didn't think twice about what he was going to do. He just knew that he had to move fast unless Pippin got hurt. There was no question that he had to save Pippin.

So he ran. As fast as he possibly could. Luckily for Pippin, Boromir's speed saved him from a fate that could have very likely would have involved death. But because Boromir had been so fast, he had been pushed out of the way and all he ended up with was a couple of nasty scrapes and bruises when he unceremoniously met the pavement.

Boromir didn't know what happened in that small space of time that it had taken for him to push Pippin out of the way. All he was aware of was the shocking pain that coursed through all of his body, the way that the world had suddenly turned upside down, the crunch of metal and the high crinkling of glass before he landed on the pavement with a loud thud. Estel screaming what could have been his name. Then the sudden blackness as if a candle had been burnt out.

###

Chapter Ten: Lovers in a dangerous time.

larrikin75@hotmail.com

Warnings: Hmm. Swearing. implied sex. Sex. Loonly Elves. cars.
Pairings: Aragorn/Boromir, Glor/Danny, and more as they come.
Feedback: Begging on my knees. PLease?
Archiving: Yes! Please!
Disclaimer: Simon Tolkien owns the lot. Weezer owns the song.
A huge thanks to Steph, who has read my ramblings in the past. If there are any mistakes, they are mine and mine alone. I was so anxious to get this out to you folks, that I by-passed her. I have done my best to edit it, but if there are any mistkaes, my own fault.
To Celebrithil, who helped with the races of elves. one again, any mistakes are mine.
To the usual suspects..thanks. you know who you are.
Oh, and all the stuf that was contained in the story... some of it did actually happen. I may have been there, i may have not. Not telling which ones I could have been there for.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]