Go to notes and disclaimers

Finding Rest
by Druìs


Aragorn moved quietly through the woods of Lothlórien. His sorrow at the loss of Gandalf, echoed by the eerie lament of the Elves, was compounded by his worry for the fellowship, which he now must lead. Frodo had uttered not a word since they had left Moria, seeming almost numb except for the raw grief in his eyes. Sam hovered anxiously but was unwilling, as the rest of them were, to forcibly push through the silence Frodo had pulled around himself like a shield.

Merry and Pippin were subdued as well. Pippin's guilt at clumsily alerting the Orcs to their presence in Moria seemed to have matured him. His heartbroken weeping had quieted and he seemed much less flighty than the cheerfully innocent Hobbit that had begun their journey. That maturity would likely serve them well in the future, high as the price had been.

Legolas was the steadiest, having dealt with loss myriad times in his long life. He mourned Gandalf nonetheless, and needed the peace of the forest to soothe his spirit. The smothering dark of Moria had been an ordeal for him. Gimli, whose seething anger at the Orcs had nearly sent him raging back into the mountain after their escape, seemed almost dazed since their audience with Galadriel. Aragorn might almost believe him smitten, if the idea weren't too ridiculous to entertain.

Boromir, however, was Aragorn's most pressing worry at the moment. His feelings toward the other man had been unsettled from the beginning. The issue of Aragorn's claim to the throne of Gondor was an uncomfortable, if largely unspoken, issue between them, and Aragorn was further troubled by Boromir's fascination with the Ring, and his willingness to entertain the idea of using it to defend Gondor. Yet he was also struck by the flashes of humor he sometimes saw in Boromir, and frequently smiled to see his affectionate and protective manner with Merry and Pippin, even while subtly interposing himself between Boromir and Frodo as often as possible.

But there was no ambivalence in his feelings about Boromir the warrior. He would have expected the future Steward of Gondor to be a capable fighter, but in that frenzied rush of a battle in Balin's tomb Boromir had impressed him. Aragorn smiled ruefully, remembering the disgusted, battle- worn sigh with which he had greeted a rampaging cave troll. And his sword had moved like a living thing, flashing hungrily as it cut down Orcs almost as fast as they could swarm through the door.

But Boromir seemed more strained the further they progressed in their quest and since they had escaped Moria he appeared drawn as taut as a bowstring. Aragorn had been shocked to see him in tears under Galadriel's gaze. Fortunately, his rational self had squelched his impulse to intervene. One did not challenge the Lady of the Wood in her own domain, and Aragorn's bemusement at his own solicitous feelings toward a hardened warrior were enough to deal with.

And as he wandered into a secluded glade, the Elvish dirge still drifting on the air, he came upon Boromir sitting alone on a rock, looking nothing like a hardened warrior at the moment. Aragorn hesitated, considering whether to leave him to his private thoughts, but the hopeless slump of Boromir's back made him speak.

"Take some rest. These borders are well-protected."

"I will find no rest here." Boromir took an unsteady breath and the words began to come in a rush. "I heard her voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me, 'Even now there is hope left,' but I cannot see it." He looked up despairingly into Aragorn's startled eyes. "It is long since we had any hope."

Aragorn moved slowly to sit slightly behind Boromir and waited for him to continue.

"My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing and our people lose faith." Boromir's voice shook with emotion. "He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored." He paused and then continued softly. "Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion... glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze.... Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?"

Aragorn met his eyes as he turned, and never in his life had he felt less worthy of the throne of Gondor.

Boromir's passion for his home and his people struck him like a blow. "I have seen the White City," he replied quietly. "Long ago."

Boromir reached and grasped Aragorn's arm. His voice, though still unsteady, was eager and his eyes smiled.

"One day our paths will lead us there. And the tower guard shall take up the call: 'The Lords of Gondor have returned.'"

Aragorn stared wonderingly at Boromir, at this man who spoke so hopefully of returning to the land he had been bred to rule, with its lawful king at his side. Aragorn's own reluctance to assume his rightful title, which he had always regarded as so altruistic, suddenly seemed small and selfish. While he had roamed the forests and lived among the Elves, and brooded over the weakness of Isildur that possibly tainted his blood, Boromir had lived and worked for nothing but Gondor and its people. It was his city, Aragorn realized, in a way that it would never be his own.

He put his hand over Boromir's, which still clasped his forearm. "That is the hope she spoke of, Boromir. Together we will finish this quest. The Ring will be destroyed and Gondor will be safe from Sauron forever."

The light left Boromir's eyes and his hand pulled away, leaving Aragorn's suddenly cold. "How can we hope to defeat Sauron? We have not even reached Mordor and Gandalf has already been taken from us. Two men, a Dwarf, an Elf, and four Hobbits against the thousands that Sauron commands? It is hopeless."

Aragorn smiled, trying to tease him from his despair. "Ten thousand Orcs against us? Legolas will shoot half of them before they get near us and between our swords and Gimli's axe we'll cut through the rest like grass." His smile turned into a grin. "We'll even give Sam a frying pan to improve the odds. Did you see him in Moria?"

Boromir tried to smile in return but it didn't touch the sudden exhaustion in his eyes. Aragorn sighed. "You must rest, Boromir. Our hope comes from each of us being at his best when we leave this place."

Boromir was suddenly up and pacing restlessly. "I cannot rest. Each night I try to sleep and I see the destruction of my people. I hear the whispering‹" His voice broke off and his movement became almost violent. Aragorn stepped into his path and gripped his shoulders, trying to calm him. Boromir resisted Aragorn's hold and for a moment the two men struggled until Aragorn shoved him hard against the nearest tree and pinned him there. Two sets of startled eyes met and suddenly something new sparked in the air between them. Aragorn's heartbeat quickened and he briefly considered backing off and leaving this new thing unacknowledged, but instead stayed and waited to see what Boromir would do.

Neither man moved for a long moment, and then Boromir's hand rose and slipped around the back of Aragorn's neck, fingers moving lightly, hesitantly through his hair. Aragorn allowed himself to lean forward minutely, and Boromir's grip abruptly tightened and pulled Aragorn's mouth hard onto his own. Aragorn stepped eagerly into the kiss, dropping his hands to Boromir's waist and opening his mouth. Boromir's tongue swept past his lips and began to explore aggressively, licking smoothly over teeth and gums, thrusting deep. Aragorn felt something low in his belly quiver and responded by crowding even closer, and boldly ground his hips forward. Boromir gasped against his mouth and pulled his lips away. His hands fell to his sides as Aragorn stepped back a pace. Breathing heavily, both men stared at each other.

Aragorn spoke. "Do you want this?"

A dozen emotions flickered through Boromir's eyes before they calmed. "Yes," he said simply.

This time the kiss started more slowly. Aragorn slid his lips lightly against Boromir's, his tongue slipping teasingly in and out while Boromir's hands moved restlessly over his back and shoulders. He gradually deepened the kiss until the two men were pressed together full-length, tongues lazily fighting for dominance, beards rasping gently against lips and cheeks. Aragorn slid one knee between Boromir's legs, sucking in an unsteady breath at the firm pressure of Boromir's muscular thigh against his hardening flesh. Boromir's groaned softly as Aragorn's thigh rubbed his own erection. Aragorn pulled away again slightly and looked steadily at Boromir as he raised his hand and lightly traced Boromir's lips with a gentle thumb. There was something uneasy in Boromir's eyes but Aragorn was unsurprised. He was feeling the same unease himself. Boromir's experience with men was undoubtedly similar to his own: quick, aggressive, and practical encounters before or after a battle; just another form of camaraderie between soldiers willing to help each other ease tension.

Tenderness was a foreign thing between two men. But Aragorn could not treat this so casually.

Boromir caught Aragorn's thumb between his teeth and sucked it into his mouth and Aragorn was barely able to keep from groaning aloud at the wet heat of it. His entire body felt flushed and sweaty. Their mouths came together again, this time more hungrily, with more deliberate purpose. Boromir slid his hands over Aragorn's chest and Aragorn responded by reaching down to pull Boromir's hips more firmly against his own. In the space of one breath, Boromir twisted Aragorn around to shove him roughly against the tree. He slid a hand firmly over his chest to caress the damp surface of his neck. Aragorn's breathing grew deep and ragged, and then caught in his throat when Boromir leaned in close and licked a drop of sweat from his jaw, tracing the salty trickle up around his ear. Boromir thrust his hips forward sharply, thrust again, kicked his feet apart and thrust yet again, his arousal grinding firmly between Aragorn's slightly spread thighs.

Aragorn felt as if his knees had all the strength of water and he leaned back against the tree for support as Boromir's hardened flesh drove excitedly against his own. The rough bark scraped almost painfully at his back through his shirt but he barely noticed through the haze of arousal that had dropped like a blanket over his senses. He moaned and clutched frantically at Boromir's hair, holding his head at the right angle for the ravenous kiss. Teeth clashed and tongues plunged. All tenderness and control were gone as Boromir, still rocking against him, feverishly began pulling at Aragorn's clothing. His efforts were hampered by Aragorn's similar designs upon himself and the fact that neither man showed any willingness to allow their mouths to separate for even a moment.

Finally, with a frustrated growl, Boromir broke the kiss and pinned Aragorn to the tree with his left hand while his right yanked at buttons and laces. His fingers, none too steady to begin with, fumbled even more when Aragorn turned his face to the side and began working with his teeth at the buckle that fastened Boromir's wrist bracer. A final tug of his jaw and the buckle was undone, allowing Aragorn to lap at Boromir's wrist with a hungry tongue. He closed his eyes and sucked at the sharp flavors of sweat and leather.

Boromir's curses steadily grew in volume and force. He managed to pull Aragorn's shirt off and his hand began its ineffectual assault on the remaining clothing. Aragorn, his mouth still busy, endured it for a moment and then laughed, pushed Boromir's hand away and began to quickly undress himself. Boromir watched intently, breathing hard.

"Are you going to leave all that on?" Aragorn asked with a grin and Boromir hastened to strip off his own clothing. In a moment, after several curses over stiff buckles and stubborn boots, both men were naked.

Aragorn had barely a heartbeat to enjoy the sight of Boromir's tall, thickly muscled form before he was pushed down to the ground and covered. The contrast between the cool grass beneath him and the hot flesh above forced a gasp from his lips that instantly changed to a moan when Boromir's mouth fastened firmly on one nipple. All the strength left Aragorn's body in a rush and he lay helplessly accepting as Boromir's tongue swirled around his achingly sensitive nub, alternating with the gentle scrape of teeth and occasional strong pull of suction.

When that maddening mouth traveled wetly across Aragorn's chest to perform the same service for the other nipple, Aragorn abruptly regained the use of his limbs and sent his hands sliding through Boromir's hair and down the back of his neck to clutch and pull at his shoulder blades. Boromir's head moved upward to take Aragorn's mouth again and Aragorn took advantage of the shift to roll them. He let his weight rest heavily on Boromir's broad chest as he indulged in soft, deep kisses. Then it was his turn to set his mouth wandering and he spent a delicious few minutes exploring Boromir's neck and chest with tongue and teeth while Boromir panted over his head. His lips slid teasingly over nipples and his tongue softly traced the contours of ribs. When he moved downward, the quivering muscles under his mouth twitched and jumped with every lick and nip. And then still further down.

"Aragorn!"

One touch of Aragorn's tongue and Boromir was gasping and arching wildly. Aragorn used a strong forearm to pin Boromir's hips to the ground and resumed his work. Within seconds, the soft, wet sounds made by Aragorn's mouth were drowned out by Boromir's groans and curses. Aragorn closed his eyes and savored the heat and taste and scent, mildly shocked in the back of his mind at how much he was enjoying this. He worked his way down the shaft, alternating teasing licks and hungry, sucking kisses, then flattened his tongue against the base and painted a broad, wet stripe up the length of it. The very tip of his tongue swirled around the contours of the head and his lips closed softly to suck the drops of moisture gathered there. Aragorn paused for a moment, breathing heavily and allowing his cheek to rub gently against the slick and heated flesh.

A hand on his face startled him and he glanced upward to meet Boromir's eyes, dark with passion. With their gazes still locked, Aragorn abruptly engulfed Boromir in his mouth. Boromir's eyes clenched shut and his head fell back, a strangled moan escaping his throat. Aragorn's lips continued downward, taking more and more until the head was prodding the back of his throat. Recklessly, remembering times he had been on the receiving end of such pleasure, he swallowed around the throbbing length until his lips and nose were buried in wiry hair. He held his breath and ignored the resulting tears in his eyes, as he ignored his aching jaw and the increasingly desperate noises above his head, and slowly pulled back, maintaining a hard and even suction until just the tip remained between his lips. He flicked his tongue lightly, gathering the bitter fluid, then went down again. He hummed contentedly as his head steadily bobbed up and down.

Within seconds, Boromir's hands twisted tightly in Aragorn's hair and yanked. Aragorn released his mouthful just in time to prevent serious damage and found himself on his back on the forest floor, with a panting and perspiring Boromir looming over him. Their mouths met again and Boromir let out a startled moan as his tongue licked his own taste from Aragorn's lips. They kissed and thrust against each other, their bodies sliding and grinding together.

Boromir pulled back and spoke breathlessly. "What... what do you want?"

Aragorn gamely attempted to focus his glazed eyes and considered. Without a word, he let his legs fall open and grasped Boromir's hips between his thighs.

Boromir's jaw dropped and he stared. "Have you ever... "

"No. But I want to now."

"I've never... are you sure you want to be... "

Aragorn snorted, not sure whether to be amused or exasperated. Frustrated was the only feeling of which he was certain. "Fucked? Why not? It wouldn't be manly? It wouldn't be kingly? You think this makes me unsuitable to rule? Stop worrying about me and get on with it."

Boromir gaped another moment and then burst out laughing, even as he was half groaning at the friction of his movement. He grinned wickedly down at Aragorn. "As my liege commands."

His weight came down heavily and it was Aragorn's turn to groan as his mouth was plundered. Boromir's hips began a firm rocking motion that made Aragorn's knees lift helplessly as his own hips jerked upward. Boromir turned his face away from the kiss and resisted Aragorn's attempt to yank him back. "I need something," he said desperately as Aragorn sucked intently at his earlobe. "I don't want to hurt you."

Aragorn bit back a curse and twisted underneath Boromir, eyes scanning the forest. "Off!" He shoved ungraciously and scrambled on his knees to the nearest cluster of plants. Nothing. He headed further into the forest, growling in frustration. A stray thought suggested that he sounded rather like Gimli and he squelched it ruthlessly before it killed his ardor.

"What are you looking for?" Boromir trailed helpfully behind him.

"Mare's tongue. It's pale green, with thick, rubbery stalks. Usually grows under plants with broad leaves."

The two men split and began batting leaves aside. As they ranged further apart, searching for the smugly elusive plant, Aragorn thought longingly of the vial of oil he used when sharpening his blades, stowed safely in his pack back at the campsite, and muttered distractedly under his breath that at least in this remote spot there were no...

"Aragorn?"

Sweet Elbereth, he mustn't think these things. "Hello, Legolas."

Legolas looked even more cool and beautiful than usual, if such a thing were possible. The blond silk of his hair was freshly braided and he wore a shimmering tunic lent him by the Lothlórien Elves. The only thing marring this picture of lovely serenity was his expression, which hovered between amusement and shock. Amusement was rapidly winning the battle. Understandable enough, considering that he was confronting Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, The King in Exile, and Rightful Heir to the Throne of Gondor, kneeling naked and aroused on the ground, clutching a handful of broad leaves that had unfortunately not been hiding mare's tongue.

The sound of rustling shrubbery intruded on their tableau. Legolas' eyes shifted and his poise was well and truly shattered when Boromir came lurching triumphantly out of the trees bearing a pale green, stalky plant that had been ripped from the ground by its roots.

"Legolas!" he... well, squeaked is the only word for it.

Aragorn closed his eyes, wondering if he could convince Legolas not to tell this story until he had been dead for several generations.

Legolas made a visible effort to remove the mirth from his face, cleared his throat and spoke gravely, very carefully meeting neither of them in the eye. "Boromir. Aragorn. Is there any way I can be of assistance?"

"Uh... we were just... uh..." As if there were a remotely innocent explanation anywhere to be had. "... looking for some mare's tongue."

Legolas coughed. "Of course. But I don't believe that's mare's tongue, Boromir."

Aragorn took a closer look at Boromir's prize and paled.

Boromir blinked. "Pale green, thick stalks, and I found it..."

Aragorn sighed. "It looks quite similar, but... see the purplish tinge near the roots? That's elfsbane. Its juice makes you... itch. Rather badly."

The elfsbane landed in a nearby shrub.

"You should be fine if you didn't break any of the stalks," Legolas murmured.

"Legolas..." Aragorn began.

"Please, Aragorn," Legolas quit trying to hide his amusement. "I apologize for interrupting you. I believe I'll just head back the way I came and make sure no curious Hobbits wander in this direction..."

Boromir groaned.

"...investigating odd noises." A wickedly mischievous look, shockingly strange to see on an Elf, crossed his face. "Perhaps later you can fill me in on what I missed."

"Legolas!"

"Unless you'd like some assistance now?"

"Legolas!" Both men looked aghast. Then speculative. Intrigued. And then, under Legolas' laughing eyes, mortified.

Legolas smirked. "I only meant to assist you in your search. I believe I see some mare's tongue under that hartslip bush."

"Thank you." Aragorn grimaced.

Legolas cast one more glance at his two nude and disheveled friends and turned back up the path with a delighted laugh.

Aragorn and Boromir watched him go.

"He's going to be bloody insufferable about this, isn't he?" Boromir ventured after a moment.

"You have no idea. Elf humor can be terrifying." Aragorn glumly imagined the sly glances and provocative comments that were sure to be headed his way in the days to come and sighed. But a small, reluctant grin crept onto his face as he mentally reviewed the entire scene. One sidelong glance to meet Boromir's eyes and abruptly both of them were snorting and giggling like boys.

"It could have been worse," Boromir laughed, wiping tears from his eyes. "What if it had been Gimli?"

Aragorn flopped backwards on the ground, groaning and laughing at the same time. Truly, the worldly amusement of an Elf was vastly preferable to the horror or hilarity they might have received from other members of the Fellowship. "Actually, I'm shocked it wasn't Pippin. With Merry close behind." His laughter cut off with a grunt when Boromir landed on top of him.

"Before any other names are mentioned to completely kill the mood, I suggest we collect that thrice bedamned mare's tongue and get back to what we were doing."

Aragorn smiled at him, feeling the blood, which had heated his cheeks for the last few minutes, begin to rush downward again. "You'll have to get off me, then."

Boromir rolled to the side and scrambled to his feet, heading for the hartslip bush. Aragorn leaned up on one elbow and enjoyed the view from where he lay.

Boromir gingerly tugged the plant from the soil. "This is it? It won't make me itch in appalling places?"

"That's it." Aragorn grinned. "Just think where that elfsbane would have had me itching."

Mare's tongue in hand, Boromir came back and dropped to his knees beside Aragorn. Their smiles faded slightly. An uncertain look returned to Boromir's eyes.

"Aragorn..."

Before he could finish, Aragorn reached up, gripped the back of his neck and hauled him down into a bruising, open-mouthed kiss. He swept his tongue past Boromir's lips, stroking the roof of his mouth and scraped his lips with sharp teeth before pulling away to look him steadily in the eye. "No more talk."

"No more talk," Boromir agreed breathlessly. Their mouths met again greedily. Boromir became the aggressor, thrusting his tongue into Aragorn's willing mouth and deliberately grinding his hips forward so that their erections slid and kissed against each other.

Aragorn parted his legs so that Boromir rested in the cradle of his hips. Reaching out, he snapped a stalk off the mare's tongue and fumbled it into Boromir's hand. Lips parted and the two men rested their foreheads against each other. Boromir pushed himself up and squeezed the plant stalk. When his fingers were coated with the milky fluid he moved to kneel between Aragorn's upraised knees and one slippery finger gently circled the puckered opening to his body. Aragorn's hips moved restlessly. When the finger breached him, feeling impossibly thick and intrusive, Aragorn tensed at the unfamiliarity of it. He shifted his hips again, not sure whether to move toward Boromir's hand or away from it. Boromir settled the question by taking firm hold of his cock in his other hand, pumping it easily up and down, pausing intermittently to rub a friendly thumb over the head. Aragorn thrust up into that marvelous hand, driving down onto Boromir's finger with every return stroke.

The finger slipped in and out easily now, so Boromir squeezed out more of the slippery fluid and added a second. Again, Aragorn felt his body resist the intrusion and he willed his muscles to relax. Boromir was simply concentrating on working his hands and watching Aragorn's pleasure. The two fingers delved deep, pumping smoothly in and out of Aragorn's flesh. Aragorn was breathing heavily and grunting at the sensation when Boromir's fingers nudged something deep inside him. A sharp, shocking burst of pleasure erupted from the base of his spine and he gasped and convulsed under Boromir's hands.

"What—?" A startled Boromir pulled his fingers out and placed a steadying hand on Aragorn's hip.

"No... don't stop," Aragorn panted. "You touched... something. I'm fine. Please don't stop."

Boromir cautiously slid his fingers back inside and gave Aragorn a little grin as he resumed his earlier thrusting movement, searching for what he had found before. "I felt it. That good?"

"Later... oh, fuck... later I'll do it to you."

Not even the discomfort of a third finger could quell Aragorn's pleasure. Boromir thrust his fingers deeply, stretching muscles and firmly stroking the buried nub over and over again while continuing to squeeze and pull the heavy length of Aragorn's cock. The feeling gathered and built until Aragorn's head was thrashing and rolling on the ground, heels and fingers digging grooves in the soil, his back arching off the ground with every gasping breath he took.

And abruptly, the hands were gone.

"Boromir!"

"Just a minute, just a minute..." Boromir's voice was strained as he ripped off another stalk of the mare's tongue. He squeezed it liberally over his swollen and leaking shaft, hissing as the cool, slippery juice dripped on his heated flesh. He smoothed it over himself quickly and grasped Aragorn's hip firmly with his wet hand.

"Ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready! Do it!"

Boromir braced his knees and guided the tip of his erection to the slick entrance to Aragorn's body. He pushed gently until he felt resistance, breathed deeply, then pushed more firmly until he felt the tight ring of muscle give way.

"Oh..." Aragorn squeezed his eyes shut at the stab of pain and his hands tightened on Boromir's shoulders.

Just the tip of Boromir's cock felt enormous, stretching his muscles to impossible proportions.

"Are you all right?"

"Just... don't move."

Boromir clenched his teeth and remained still.

Aragorn panted, trying to wait out the discomfort. After a few moments, he felt his muscles begin to ease, adjusting Boromir's presence in his body. He opened his eyes to see Boromir, staring down at him, his face a confused mixture of concern and desperation.

"Should I pull out?"

"No... push again."

Boromir hooked his elbows beneath Aragorn's knees and tilted his hips upward. He pushed forward slowly and Aragorn grunted heavily with the effort of accommodating him. His muscles protested anew but he set his jaw, reached down and pulled sharply at Boromir's hips. Fully impaled by the thick, throbbing length, Aragorn choked back a pained moan as Boromir let out a loud, gasping curse.

"Don't move, don't move..." Aragorn pleaded in a strained whisper.

"Not planning to," Boromir spoke through gritted teeth, beads of sweat popping out on his forehead. "Gods. So tight."

Again, Aragorn breathed deeply through the pain and waited for his body to relax its vise-like grip on Boromir's shaft. And then Boromir began to move, shallow thrusts at first that gently rocked Aragorn beneath him. Aragorn moaned and Boromir released one of his knees, keeping the other pressed up hard against his body. With his free hand, Boromir cupped Aragorn's face and their eyes caught. As they stared, shallow thrusts became deeper and harder. Aragorn slid his hands over Boromir's shoulders and down his chest, raking his nails through fine hairs and over hardened nipples. He reached down and took hold of his own shaft, which had softened somewhat at the pain of Boromir's entry, but was now swelling again.

Boromir moved both his hands to the ground on either side of Aragorn's head. Aragorn's other knee relaxed and the change in angle had Boromir jabbing that spot again with every stroke. Aragorn broke their locked gaze as his head began to toss restlessly. He stroked roughly at his cock and reached up with his other hand to grip the back of Boromir's neck. Hands firmly braced, Boromir quickened his pace, slammed into him again and again, grunting with every thrust.

Aragorn hooked one leg as best he could around Boromir and dug an encouraging heel into the back of his knee. "Oh... just like that, just like—" And then words trailed off and he was reduced to incoherent moaning. He let go of his cock and surged off the ground, grabbing at Boromir's shoulders and fastening his teeth onto the bearded line of his jaw. Boromir shoved him back flat on the ground and held him still for the steady, pounding rhythm of his hips. Aragorn's moans increased and he tried to spread his legs wider, frantic to take more of Boromir inside him. He reached again for his own erection but Boromir grabbed both his wrists and pinned them above his head.

This changed Boromir's angle of entry yet again and Aragorn protested, trying to free his wrists, but Boromir's grip was painfully tight. He was now pinning Aragorn to the ground with his entire body, one hand encircling his wrists as his other arm slipped underneath to clamp his shoulder from behind. Sweat-slicked skin rubbed up and down the length of their torsos while Boromir's pistoning hips continued their work. Aragorn moaned again, protests forgotten, as the damp skin of Boromir's belly stroked up and down his hard and leaking shaft.

Boromir's head dropped down and Aragorn shivered at the hot, moist breath gusting against his ear. Boromir braced his knees and drove his body against Aragorn, again hitting that spot, sending pleasure spiking through him. Aragorn felt his climax building, crackling upward from the soles of his feet. He once again twisted his wrists, trying to free himself from Boromir's bruising grip, desperate to touch, but the hands that held him were like steel. And then all conscious effort was gone. His body bucked, heaved, and his muscles clenched and fluttered around Boromir's cock as his climax slammed through him. A gush of hot, slippery wetness splashed across their bellies and a wailing cry was unthinkingly stifled against Boromir's shoulder. He bit hard into the muscle until his mouth was flooded with the coppery tang of blood.

Boromir shouted, whether from pain or pleasure, and he hunched over Aragorn, his thrusts brutally hard. As Aragorn shuddered and gulped for air in a boneless sprawl beneath him, Boromir mindlessly drove towards his own climax. His panting breaths rasped in Aragorn's ear and his knees dug into the soil. Aragorn forced his heavy eyelids to lift and he stared dizzily up past Boromir's shoulder at the stars glinting calmly through the gracefully arched branches above them. Muscles slack and arms still pinned overhead, he was rocked and pounded in a mercilessly unflagging rhythm. Boromir's panting turned to moaning until finally his rhythm faltered and he stiffened, mouth opening soundlessly, and thrust jerkily into Aragorn's spent body a last few times and collapsed heavily upon him.

Still joined, the two men lay trembling and exhausted for some time. Aragorn tried half-heartedly to draw breath as he lay flattened beneath a solid weight of limp, sweaty Gondorian.

"Boromir?"

A muffled grunt was the only response.

"You're very heavy."

Boromir groaned, carefully pulled himself free, and rolled to the side.

Aragorn sat up, winced, and quickly shifted to one hip.

"You all right?"

Aragorn grinned ruefully. "Just glad I don't have to sit a horse anytime soon." He looked over at Boromir and grimaced. "Sorry about that."

"Hmm?" Boromir twisted his neck, trying to see what Aragorn was looking at and hissed as the bite mark on his shoulder began to ooze fresh blood. "Oh. Well, it's my own fault, I suppose. I shouldn't have held you down."

Aragorn examined his wrists critically. The reddened skin was already starting to show bruises. "I'd better make sure my sleeves are long enough or I'll hear about this from Legolas."

Boromir chuckled. "Maybe I should lend you my bracers."

"And you think he wouldn't comment on that?"

"You're probably right." Boromir stood up slowly, stretching his muscles with a groan. "I suppose we should find our clothing and get back before anyone else comes along." He reached down and offered a hand to Aragorn.

"Like Gimli or Pippin?" Aragorn grinned as he let himself be hauled to his feet. He looked down at his sticky body, trying to brush off the worst of the dirt and grass.

"Actually, I think we need to find a stream before we dress."

Silence fell and they looked at each other steadily.

Boromir smiled. "Is this going to be awkward tomorrow?"

"Probably. But I think it was worth it."

Boromir's eyes shifted and dropped to one side. "Aragorn... I want to thank—"

His words were cut off when Aragorn stepped in quickly and kissed him. It was gentle. Almost chaste. He cupped Boromir's face and looked him seriously in the eye. "There is no need for thanks here, Boromir. This was no favor or boon. I gave nothing to you that you did not return."

Boromir snorted, trying manfully to control his expression.

Aragorn laughed out loud and gave Boromir a shove. "Well, I suppose things weren't exactly equal. Some day when you want to change that come and see me."

Boromir grabbed Aragorn's arm and pulled him close. They kissed, Aragorn still laughing into Boromir's mouth until his amusement gave way to renewed passion. Boromir kissed him lazily, tipping his head to the proper angle and delving deep before pulling back slowly. He smiled again. "Maybe we'll save that for a time when you can't sleep."

"You're all right, then?"

"I think I'll rest tonight." Boromir's eyes were grave, but the hopelessness that had dominated them earlier had faded.

"Good." Aragorn kissed him again quickly and they went to find their clothes, which were folded neatly into two piles in the glade they had left earlier. And as they stared in shock they heard a suspiciously Hobbit-like giggle retreating up the path.

THE END

###

aunt_deen@yahoo.com

Title: Finding Rest
Author: Druìs (aunt_deen@yahoo.com)
Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir
Rating: NC17
Summary: Boromir said he'd find no rest in Lothlórien. But next we see him, he's sleeping like a log. Hmmm.
Disclaimer: If I owned them, Boromir wouldn't have fucking died!!!
Authors Note: This is my first effort at fanfic and it took me forever to write, so please be kind. You wouldn't believe the questions I asked myself. Are there buttons in Middle Earth? (Quick check of the movie. Yes.) Can Tolkien- based characters swear? (I figured that since I was already having them do things that would make poor JRR spin in his grave like a dancing Hobbit on crack, what the hell.) What is available for lube in Lothlórien? (Aragorn: Ranger Extraordinaire to the rescue.) Anyway, here it is. Thanks, that is, to a road trip to Pennsylvania and an anonymous lady.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]