Go to notes and disclaimers

Precious
by Cinzia


T he first deed of Boromir, after he took the Ring from Frodo (after the Ring took him), Aragorn tries hard to forget.

He does not think he can ever remember the second, for his mind refuses to let it happen again, even if only in memory.

He had tried to stop the third with his sword and then, disarmed, with words and pleas: he had pleaded, yea, hope still burning in his heart.

He remembers Boromir's hand, a hard, unforgiving grip in his hair, lifting him up from his knees.

"You cannot offer me," Boromir had whispered, and his arm had felt like doom (inescapable) closing fast around Aragorn's waist, "what already is mine."

Boromir's eyes had been the clear green of the Lothlórien *mellyrn* leaves in Spring—yet darkness lingered under the boughs, never to fade; and there had been blood on the ground.

~~~

The hall of the thrones in the Citadel, in Minas Tirith, has been as Aragorn remembered it.

Nothing else has been the way he had dreamed it would be.

He cannot tell what has been the fate of Denethor, who had seen Thorongil in him and had tried to touch his face; nor can he remember any more of Faramir, who had risen to his father's aid, than his startled voice.

And it had sounded so strangely young, in the silent, echoing hall, when he had called for his brother: a shrill cry, a plea—interrupted.

It had been then, Aragorn thinks, that hope had fled him.

~~~

Aragorn's eyes are closed, and have been ever since he was brought here, for he does not wish to see.

Seated on the high throne of the Kings, chained to it, his hands are bound, and he is naked.

It does not matter, for no one entering this hall ever leaves it again.

"Mine," Boromir whispers from where he kneels between Aragorn's legs, his voice full of adoration. Boromir's mouth pays homage to Aragorn's flesh, his hands arouse him even though Aragorn wishes they would bestow death upon him, not passionate touches.

"My own," Boromir breathes into Aragorn's ear, and the Ring, dangling from a fine Elven-woven chain around Boromir's neck (that was not Frodo's blood, that dark stain Aragorn remembers on the stainless mithril, it was not, it was not) trails cold, burning kisses over Aragorn's chest when Boromir leans over him, taking what Aragorn has never had the courage to freely offer—what has, to Aragorn's eternal shame, indeed always been his.

"My King."

The Ring burns an angry circle over Aragorn's heart, where long ago a different token had rested (Aragorn cannot remember what it was, or where it lies now), pressed into his skin by the rhythm of their coupling. There is a soft murmur in Aragorn's head, at times urgent, at times no more than a content hum. It is of no consequence to him; no more than his own heartbeat is.

And if it is the Ring, calling out to him, Aragorn cannot hear its voice over Boromir's love pledges and his own broken, mindless cries.

~~~

Send feedback to ressala@tin.it

Title: Precious
Author: Cinzia (ressala@tin.it)
Rating: R
Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir
Summary: Frodo did not get away.
Disclaimer: The characters are Tolkien's. Therefore, not mine.
Archive: My website (http://www.digitalcandy.net/~cinzia/), FellowShip, list
archives.
Feedback: Always appreciated.
Author Notes: Evil!AU. Many thanks to Sasjah Miller for beta. This is all Lanna Michaels' fault, because she handed me the Evil!bunny and ran away before I could hand it back.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]