Fandom: Magnificent 7 ATF AU (Thanks as always goes out to Mog for letting us play in it.)
Pairing: Josiah and Ezra with gift advice from Nathan, Vin and JD. :)
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I spent all my money buying gifts this year.
Notes: Sequel to Thanksgiving Blessings.
Thanks goes out to Kris for looking this over and as always for Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers. All challenges that are mentioned in this short story series are always open to anyone who wants to play with them :) Happy Holidays Everyone, Lady Q

Series: Home For the Holidays
Warnings: Never let your sister talk you in to going on a short Christmas shopping trip to the Mall. It is never short and by the time you are out of said crowed mall you are ready to kill her.
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: the December 2002 Holiday Challenge, Christmas; and To write a story where the main characters recieve the same gift for Christmas.

 


The Christmas Gift

by Lady Q




"Nathan," came a soft Southern voice from behind him.

Nathan looked from reading the latest medical article to see Ezra nervously standing before him.

Nathan raised his eyebrow up at the nervous southerner, "What can I do for you Ezra?" he asked as he closed his medical journal.

He apprehensively looked around their busy office, his eyes lingered a little while on Josiah's empty desk before he turned to Nathan once more.

"May I speak to you in private, please?" He asked as he once more looked around their office.

Nathan frowned for a moment as he thought, 'It must be serious for Ezra to ask for privacy.' So he followed Ezra in to the break room and poured himself a cup of coffee, thankful that it had been JD's turn to make the coffee and not Vin's.

"What do you want to talk about, Ezra?" he asked as he handed him a cup of coffee.

Ezra took the cup gratefully. It gave him time to gather his thoughts together. Christmas was fast approaching and he still couldn't think of a single thing that would make a good Christmas gift for Josiah. So, he turned to the only other person that knew his love better then he, Nathan Jackson, their resident EMT.

Nathan had known Josiah loved Ezra even before Ezra had found out that Josiah loved him. It had been with Nathan's encouragement that Josiah surprise Ezra on that wonderful Valentine's day with the greatest gift that he will ever have. His love.

So, it is now to Nathan that he turned to for help in choosing the perfect gift for Josiah on their first Christmas together.

"Nathan, I am at an impasse," he said as he sat down across from Nathan.

"An impasse?" Nathan inquired.

"Christmas is a week away and I still have no clue what to get him."

"Him, being Josiah," Nathan inquired and smiled when Ezra nodded his head.

"This will be our first Christmas together. To be honest it will be my first Christmas with someone I truly love. I want everything to be perfect. I have no clue what to get him, Nathan. Nothing seems right," he said as he gave a defeated sigh.

Nathan took a sip of his coffee as he gave the matter some thought and then he smiled as he came up with a brilliant idea.

"Ezra, I think I might have come up with something for your problem," Nathan said as he watched Ezra look at him with some hope in his eyes.

"I'll tell you what to do." Soon they were both planing the perfect gift for Josiah.

Meanwhile, in another part of the office, Josiah Sanchez faced a similar problem, which is why he now found himself standing in front of their sharpshooter's desk.

Josiah softly cleared his throat, causing Vin to look up from the report that he was working on.

"Hey, J'siah, what can I do for you?" Vin asked as he put his pen down and looked up at the older man.

Josiah smiled down at him as he nervously began to fidget with his hands.

"Vin, I need some advice and being as you and Ezra are good friends and all well..." he paused as he ran a nervous hand through his hair. "You see it's a week before Christmas and well, I still haven't gotten anything for Ezra. It's our first Christmas together and well, I would like it to be perfect and all. So I came to you, to see if you could shed any light for me."

Vin closed his eyes for a bit and thought for a moment, then he opened his eyes and smiled up at Josiah.

"I think I might have the answer for your problem," he said as he headed over to JD's desk.

 

The night before Christmas:

Ezra stood before the tall Christmas tree and picked up his present for Josiah. He turned around headed back to the couch where Josiah was dressed in his plaid flannel bathrobe. Ezra grabbed the corners of his red silk bathrobe and settled between his lover's long legs and he laid his head down on Josiah's strong chest.

Josiah wrapped his arms around Ezra and hugged him before they move apart. They handed their presents to each other.

As the grandfather clock in the hallway stuck midnight, Josiah leaned his head down and kissed his love.

"Merry Christmas, Ezra," he whispered between soft lips.

"Merry Christmas, Josiah," he whispered back as he wrapped his arms around his love.

Slowly they moved apart and Josiah motioned for him to open his present first.

"I hope you like it. Ezra. I didn't know what to get you so I went to Vin and he thought this would be a good idea," He nervously spoke when the sounds of tarring the paper were over and silence filled the air between them.

"Oh Josiah, it's beautiful," Ezra softly stated as he ran a finger over the antique silver frame that held a picture of the both them taken at the Thanksgiving dinner. The picture was one of many pictures that JD had taken of Team Seven while at Chris' place for their annual Thanksgiving dinner. It was of him wrapped in Josiah's arms smiling up at Josiah while he was smiling down at him.

"Do you like it?" Josiah nervously asked as held Ezra tight in his arms.

"Oh, I love it, Josiah, which means that I now know that you will like your gift also."

"My gift?" Josiah asked as Ezra motioned for him to open it.

Josiah smiled down at his love as he began to open it to slowly reveal another picture of them together. This time it was in an old wooden frame and the picture was of Ezra sitting on Josiah's lap with his arms wrapped around him leaning up for a promised kiss from Josiah at the Thanksgiving dinner party.

"Oh, it's beautiful, Ezra," Josiah softly exclaimed as his fingers gently touched picture of them together. "I love it, Ezra. Almost as much as I love you. For you have given me the greatest gift of all, that of your love for me."

Ezra reached up and kissed Josiah's lips, "I love you, Josiah. Merry Christmas, My love."

Josiah pulled him closer into a tighter embrace as he whispered against his ear, "I love you, too, Ezra. Merry Christmas."

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories