The BLTS Archive - In My Direction eleventh in The Song of The Bleeding Hearts by Sforzie (Sforziesforzichu@yahoo.com) or (shelly@camcomp.com) --- Disclaimer: Paramount owns the show and the original characters. The rest: MINE!! MINE!! MINE!! :D Notes: This is a mini-sequel to "The Song of the Bleeding Hearts" series. I have a much bigger sequel in the works. This little thang was just begging to be written, and its not totally important to the storyline. :) I'll try to stay in my writing age group... and the song belongs to Marcy Playground. Dedicated to: Jen and Gui (Jen for deciding this was more important than HFG, and Gui for just encouraging) --- June 2421 --- Kathryn Janeway hung in the doorway of the farmhouse that had become their home. Having been "alive" again for less than two weeks, she was still getting used to the new ways of things. Like seeing Marija all grown up, when it seemed like just the other day she had been a little girl. Well, it had been just the other day for her. But things had changed a lot. Kathryn had never seen so many children on Voyager before. She had to admire the crew for all it had accomplished. Because it was just the crew now. Not hers anymore. There were only a few members of her crew left. It was a bit unsettling. Just as disturbing was the thought that she would probably survive most of the people that were on the ship right now. Even her own daughter. Kathryn bit her lip. Maybe Starfleet would order their programs to be shut down when Voyager eventually returned to the Alpha Quadrant. That still seemed like a long time off, and she assumed that maybe by then she'd be ready to go. Of course, there were the perks of being a holographic immortal. Like holographic boobs. And having perfect hair at a single command. Eternal youth, whatever that was. She hadn't been exactly youthful to begin with, truthfully. But it helped. Seven would be young and voluptuous forever. The grandkids would love that. No, correction, it would most likely be the great-grandkids. Marija had said she wasn't having any more kids. *Mommy, why does Gramma have bigger boobs than you?* Kathryn chuckled. It could happen. If Seven and she were still here, than anything could happen. She just hoped that their return would not turn them into Starfleet's newest science project. Kathryn turned slightly, and looked down the hall. She could see her reflection in the mirror at the far end of the hall. Why the mirror was there she would never know. Maybe Voyager's elderly liked to stop and inspect their wrinkles. That was a mean thought, she chided herself. Mean but true and something else... something that nagged at the corner of her brain. Was she 54 or 94? Age had seemed to lose all importance with their rebirth. Speaking of rebirth, where was Seven? "Seven?" Kathryn called down the hallway. No reply. She walked down the hall, past several other doors. Most were shut. The ones with doors cracked open revealed cozy-looking rooms, similar to the one she and Seven had taken residence in. Kathryn got to the door to their room. "Seven, are you in there?" There was a faint noise, but it wasn't in reply. There was music playing inside. It had a slow beat, almost like a human pulse. Kathryn smiled. She recognized the song; it was one that Marija had played at the party two weeks ago. Played for her son, to tell the truth. Kathryn pushed the door open slightly, and peered inside. She couldn't see Seven, but could hear her humming along with the music from wherever she was. Kathryn went inside, pushing the door shut behind her. Seven's eyes snapped open as the door clicked. She was sprawled out on the floor, wearing nothing much more than her thin nightgown. Her hair fanned out blondely around her on the floor. "Seven, what on earth are you doing down there? And why aren't you dressed yet, its the middle of the day." The satisfied smile on Seven's face broadened as she looked at Kathryn. "Its too hot to get dressed." "And I assume its cooler down there on the floor?" Kathryn had to admit, it was a bit stifling on the holodeck today. "Yes." The song came to and end. There was a heavy moment of silence, and then a beep. The song restarted. Seven chuckled low in her throat. --- Hangin' round downtown by myself And I had so much time To sit and think about myself And then there she was Like double cherry pie Yeah there she was Like disco superfly* --- "Seven, are you doing this on purpose?" Kathryn asked. She rubbed her neck and looked down at the younger woman, who just gave her a knowing smile. --- I smell sex and candy here Who's that lounging in my chair Who's that casting devious stares In my direction Mama this surely is a dream --- "Damn," Kathryn murmured. Seven's fingering were tapping a pattern out on her stomach. Kathryn sat down on the floor next to Seven, staring intently at her fingers. She swallowed and fumbled at the collar of her dress. --- Hangin' round downtown by myself And I had too much caffeine And I was thinkin' 'bout myself And then there she was In double platform suede Yeah there she was Like disco lemonade* --- Kathryn laid down on the floor, propping herself up on one elbow and looking down at Seven. The latter had closed her eyes and was continuing to smile. Kathryn chuckled. "I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think you'd planned this," she said. "It's been a long time," Seven murmured softly. Kathryn smiled. "It has been." She kissed Seven on the forehead, and then on the cheek. Trailed slowly down to her chin. A laugh purred in Seven's throat. --- I smell sex and candy here Who's that lounging in my chair Who's that casting devious stares In my direction Mama this surely is a dream Mama this surely is a dream Yeah mama this must be my dream --- Seven's hand paused on her stomach, losing the beat of the song momentarily. It was Kathryn's turn to laugh. "What, am I that big of a distraction?" --- I smell sex and candy here Who's that lounging in my chair Who's that casting devious stares In my direction Mama this surely is a dream Mama this surely is a dream Yeah mama this must be my dream* --- The song played itself out. There was a moment of heavy silence, punctuated only by someone's even heavier breathing. Then there was a beep, and the song began to play again... --- continued in the twelfth Song of The Bleeding Hearts - 'Mirage'