The BLTS Archive - The Kiss Trilogy I First Kiss by Gayle Rochefort-Potts (hegrp@sprint.ca) --- DISCLAIMER: Paramount owns them... I am only playing with them... no money will be earned, I assure you. For Marianne... (c)December 1999 --- Captain James T. Kirk put aside the collection of small antiques that his mother collected. He had found an old book, her journal to be precise. His mother's belongings had been placed in storage but this case had been sent to him. He sipped on the cooling coffee and flipped open the book. He smiled at the familiar handwriting and the scent that he recognized as hers. He moved to the armchair, sat down then placed the coffee cup on the small table. Most of these dates were from a time that he was on patrol. He smiled at the comments she made about people that were around her at the time. Then he came to an entry that surprised him. *"I didn't know what to think about this alien my son wrote about in his letters to me since he took command of the Enterprise. Always lingered, something between the lines, which made me content in a way, as my son seemed happy to have encountered such a friend, but also pre-occupied. "Len, or Bones, as my son always calls the good doctor, who had stayed with my son since Tarus, wrote me letters too... saying it was a blessing as the alien was always in time to rescue my all too roller coaster of a son. "For this I do thank him. They have now spent a week here and home, this alien and my son. The first Shore leave my son spends with me since he took command of the ship. Len will only come for the last three days to spend Christmas with us. "I thought him very serious, this Vulcan, at first, but soon I saw the quiet laughter in his eyes whenever he chanced to look at my son. And that was more often than anything else. "Something happened today, don't know what. Jimmy got hurt, in some of their antics. I wonder what it was? But as always the Vulcan was there for him and that is the most important thing. "Now I am sitting at my window, which looks out to the corrals and there I see them. Jimmy is sitting on the fence and Spock in front of him. They are in the sweetest of embraces I have ever seen. "I should be worried, but I don't know... my Jimmy and Spock seem to belong... like the Earth and the Moon. There would be some many compromises to make... "I watch the falling star and see their first kiss.... Jim leaned back in the chair. He had no idea his mother had known that early or that they had been seen. He remembered that day as if it was yesterday. --- They had gone home on leave. Spock had agreed to joining him at the farm, mostly to meet his mother. It surprised him as he thought about it how they had ended up spending more time outside, and in the cold. He chuckled as he thought of the ways they had discovered to keep warm though. He and Spock had walked through the field. He wanted to show Spock something and the snow wasn't deep but it had a crust to it. Every step they took made a crunching sound. He was explaining what life was like as he was growing up on this farm. Very different indeed from Spock's childhood. He even remembered that was the time Spock began to share childhood memories with him. Bones was at the house, he was keeping his mom company. He recalled the comment Bones made as they left the house, something about knocking before they came in... 'never know what the old folks will get up to..' Bones had grinned then closed the door. Spock and he had walked for hours. He had shown him the barn and the infamous hayloft. He promised Spock a demonstration of its comforts another time. Spock had said that he would hold him to the promise. They were heading back to the house then had seen a hawk. They stopped to watch the bird for a bit. He remembered getting up on the railings of the fence without thinking, second nature to him, sitting there. He remembered teasing Spock about freezing his ear tips off and offering to warm them. Of all the times that Spock wore those caps, this was the one time he needed one and there was not one around. He remembered reaching for Spock's sleeve and pulling him closer. He had laughed and then covered the Vulcan's ears with his hands. Spock had raised one of his eyebrows and then he looked at this Vulcan... so close to him... and he did the only thing that was... logical. He kissed him. He remembered his surprise when the Vulcan kissed him back. His warm hand had slipped to the back of his neck and pulled him into the most moving kiss of his lifetime. Spock moved closer to him. He lifted his head, stared at the dark alien eyes then bent his head down and kissed him again. Spock moved closer standing between his legs and his hands caressed his thighs. He was so glad he had wrapped at least one foot around the post, he would have fallen off for sure. Spock's lips were warm and tasted very different that he had thought they would. When he slipped his tongue into Spock's mouth, he had surprised the Vulcan. Then Spock relaxed and they continued kissing for some time. He had lost track of time and was grateful for the fact that the Vulcan appeared to as well. He had slipped one hand into the opening of Spock's jacket and ran his hand over his chest, felt his shiver, and deepen the kiss. He couldn't get enough of him. At least that is how he felt that day. He found out later that Spock was feeling the same. To date, they seemed to feel the same about things. --- Jim drew in a slow breath and sighed. He was lost in the memories of that day. He picked up his coffee and sipped on it then made a face, "Cold." He shivered. He put his mother's journal on the side table then went to get a fresh cup of coffee. He was just turning back to the crate of treasures when the door chime sounded. He frowned, Spock didn't usually signal. "Come in." Spock stepped into the quarters, waited for the door to close behind him. He tilted his head slightly. "I was not certain of your.... mood." Kirk smiled. "Sorry, just going through my mother's things." He looked around him at the collection of memories. "I found her journal." He reached for it then offered it to Spock. "There is one entry that you would find amusing." Spock hesitated, then took the book. He waited as Jim put his cup down then opened the book and flipped to the page in question. He had sensed the loss Jim was feeling but had also detected a vein of pleasure and amusement. Emotions were still... difficult to decipher. "This one..." Kirk smiled then waited patiently for Spock to make the connection. Spock read the entry. It took only a moment to remember the activities of the day. He felt his face warm slightly. "The day you felt my ears needed warming..." Kirk laughed. "Yes that is the day." He sighed then looked to the Vulcan thoughtfully. "When we get back to Earth, it should be winter in Iowa..." Spock lifted an eyebrow then stepped closer to his bondmate. His fingers lifted to brush the cool temples then he lifted his chin. "And I should think that my ears would get cold again." He brushed his lips against the cooler ones. The ones he had memorized. "One could only hope..." Kirk was pulled into a tight embrace and his mouth devoured by the Vulcan's. His arms went around Spock's neck continuing the feel of him. And it all started with a harmless comment. --- Not necessarily the end... *The excerpt from Wynonna's diary was written by Marianne as a challenge. --- continued in the Kiss Trilogy II -- 'Winter Kiss'